DrewDad

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 11:07 am
@revelette,

"You need to ask yourself, 'am I ready for the purity and courage of Mitt Romney's apocalyptic vision?' Mitt's ready. He's not afraid to face a ravening, grasping horde of subhumans, 'cause that's how he sees poor people already."

LMAO
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 11:31 am
I thought I was the only one experiencing difficulties in seeing replies.

Anyway, concerning the false and misleading information the Romney compaign gave out to poll workers in Wisconsin, Wisconsin Election Official Confirms Romney Poll Watcher Materials Are Inaccurate
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 11:33 am
bump
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 11:55 am
More flip flops from Romney:

Quote:
Quote:
"Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction," Romney said at a debate last June. "And if you can go even further, and send it back to the private sector, that's even better."

Asked by moderator John King of CNN whether that would include disaster relief, Romney said: "We cannot afford to do those things without jeopardizing the future for our kids. It is simply immoral, in my view, for us to continue to rack up larger and larger debts and pass them on to our kids."

Quote:
"I believe that FEMA plays a key role in working with states and localities to prepare for and respond to natural disasters," Romney said in a statement supplied by his campaign Wednesday. "As president, I will ensure FEMA has the funding it needs to fulfill its mission, while directing maximum resources to the first responders who work tirelessly to help those in need, because states and localities are in the best position to get aid to the individuals and communities affected by natural disasters."

Wednesday's statement came after the candidate ducked a spate of opportunities Tuesday to persystem.sonally clarify his position and the statement essentially endorsed the current disaster aid

source

BTW-that is exactly how FEMA works now and did when he made the first statement in primaries.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 12:00 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

JPB wrote:

FL? I don't think he carries FL. Maybe VA and CO (along with IA, OH, and NH) but he's going to have to push to get FL.

In a close race, it all comes down to organization, and Obama has a much better organization in Florida than Romney.

Do you know that to be true based on personal observation or insider knowledge?? Or is it just something you read?

I don't claim to know either, but do know that Romney had a hard series of primaries to go through while the incumbent did not, and that was a potential factor evident in the first depate. It seems more reasonable to me that there are advantages and disadvantageous on both sides.

I'll readily concede that Obama's get out the vote from organized labor will be very substantial ... and vbery expensive. Fortunately for the President he was able to pay off his union supporters with public money and favorable action of presumably lawful regulatory power.
Ragman

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 12:02 pm
@georgeob1,
From what I've heard and seen here in FL, Romney is predicted to win FL by at least 1% and possibly 1.5%.

However, the Electoral College vote will be won by Obama by 35-50 votes.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 12:03 pm
@georgeob1,
I'm in a union, George.

and we didn't see a dime of this slush money...

I think you hate the unions as much as finn fears the poor.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 12:11 pm
@revelette,

I loved this. It's a classic bad union move. Don't work too fast, it'll make it look bad for that guy over there.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 12:21 pm
@georgeob1,
I do know, re: FL and OH, that Obama has far more - and better organized - field offices than Romney does. Now, it's arguable whether or not more offices = larger or more organized presence, but it certainly provides SOME supporting evidence for the proposition that Obama may be better organized than Romney. Obama relies on paid staff in swing states whereas most of Romney's ground game is ran by the RNC and volunteers.

I have also read some interesting articles lately re: the Dem advantage when it comes to modern social science and voter targeting; specifically, the traditional GOP disdain for 'ivory tower' intellectuals has caused them to fall behind somewhat in partnerships with modern researchers in Universities, which have improved the quality of Obama's information and voter contacts.

Cycloptichorn
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 12:36 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
Do you know that to be true based on personal observation or insider knowledge?? Or is it just something you read?

I am a keen observer of political events, as are you. I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

georgeob1 wrote:
I don't claim to know either, but do know that Romney had a hard series of primaries to go through while the incumbent did not, and that was a potential factor evident in the first depate. It seems more reasonable to me that there are advantages and disadvantageous on both sides.

No doubt. That's why it's a close election.

georgeob1 wrote:
I'll readily concede that Obama's get out the vote from organized labor will be very substantial ... and vbery expensive. Fortunately for the President he was able to pay off his union supporters with public money and favorable action of presumably lawful regulatory power.

All the pigs feed from the same trough.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 12:38 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I think the 'superior ground game' rhetoric (used by both sides) is sometimes factual and sometimes just spin (see Wisconsin recall). Unless one lives in a particular state, though, it's sometimes hard to spot the truth.

I suspect you're right on Ohio and maybe Florida. We'll all know in less than a week!
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 01:18 pm

Five inside-the-Beltway indicators of a Romney victory
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 02:14 pm

More bad news for Obama

New Poll From A Left-Leaning Firm Is Pretty Brutal For Obama
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 02:20 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

I think the 'superior ground game' rhetoric (used by both sides) is sometimes factual and sometimes just spin (see Wisconsin recall). Unless one lives in a particular state, though, it's sometimes hard to spot the truth.

I suspect you're right on Ohio and maybe Florida. We'll all know in less than a week!

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/politics/fieldoffices.png

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/10/obamas-edge-the-ground-game-that-could-put-him-over-the-top/264031/
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 02:23 pm
@sozobe,

There is no doubt that Obama knows how to spend other peoples money.
I suspect America has grown tired of Obama and his ways.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 02:25 pm
@H2O MAN,
versus knowing how to shelter it in the Caymans?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 02:28 pm
@Rockhead,

There is a huge difference between Obama recklessly spending other peoples
money and Romney investing and protecting his own money that he earned.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 02:47 pm

Presidential Polls:
Romney Leads Obama 50% To 48% In Ohio
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 03:05 pm

As Obama and Christie flew over Point Pleasant Beach, sand and water could be seen covering
several blocks of the community. But the president got a reminder of next week's election:
someone had written "ROMNEY" in large letters in the sand at the north end of the beach.
sozobe

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 03:27 pm
@H2O MAN,
Elsewhere in your article:

Quote:
Christie said it's "really important to have the president of the United States" in New Jersey. To the chagrin of some Republicans, Christie has lavished praise on Obama for his efforts in helping states deal with the storm.