snood

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 05:52 pm
@H2O MAN,
Cretinous? Stalwarts? What's "Racists"(sic)?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 06:01 pm
@maxdancona,
Maybe. I hope so. I'll be happy to be wrong about FL. I have extended family there so what I hear is mostly deep red. I have hope, though, some of the next generation are kinda purplish.
JPB

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 06:31 pm
@maxdancona,
Apparently I can't see my own replies unless I reply to my reply so here it is.... I hope I'm wrong about FL.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 06:53 pm
@JPB,
this thread has a double glitch in the first two posts at the top of the page...

(I've been bumping when I'm around)
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 07:48 pm
GM spokesman: Romney campaign in a ‘parallel universe’

A spokesman for General Motors on Tuesday mocked the claim that the auto maker had shifted jobs from the United States to China.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/30/gm-spokesman-romney-campaign-in-a-parallel-universe/

A few years back a Vietnam War hero named John Kerry had his whole presidential campaign basically derailed by a snippet of him saying he "voted for the $87 billion before he voted against it".

Why is the media so ho-hum about the constant, myriad and plentiful lies, half-truths and deceptions that keep bubbling up out of Mitt Romney and his campaign? I mean there are literally almost too many to list because every few days he adds to it. I don't understand why his lying ass doesn't get exposed more clearly, and why about half the voting public doesn't even care.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 07:50 pm
@snood,
about half of the voting public is republican, and that is their standard mode of operation?

(just guessing here...)
snood

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 07:56 pm
@Rockhead,
Okay, but what about the media letting him slide with it? I mean it's supposed to be a "librul media" and all...
McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 08:02 pm
@snood,
They'd have to also discuss the constant stream of lies and misdeeds coming from Obama or be labeled biased.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 08:04 pm
@snood,
yup yup

that whole librul media thing is only believable in the U.S.

errr, to some Americans in the U.S.

it reads as solidly right-wing conservative when you peer at it from outside
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 08:28 pm
@JPB,
I voted today as well. In this part of Florida it’s more pro Obama. You see the Obama signs everywhere, unlike most areas of this state, which I’m, sure, are for Romney.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 10:06 pm

WAPO/ABC POLL: Mitt Romney Gains Back The Lead Over Obama

0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 10:53 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

FL? I don't think he carries FL. Maybe VA and CO (along with IA, OH, and NH) but he's going to have to push to get FL.

In a close race, it all comes down to organization, and Obama has a much better organization in Florida than Romney.
jcboy

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 06:19 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Here's the link to his comments:
Quote:
"The federal government response has been great. I was on
the phone at midnight again last night with the president
personally," he told NBC's "Today" program.

"The president has been outstanding in this. The folks at
FEMA ... have been excellent," said Christie, once thought to be
a contender for the White House or possibly Romney's vice
presidential pick.

Christie's praise came a week before the presidential
election, with polls showing the race as a dead heat.

"I don't give a damn about Election Day. It doesn't matter a
lick to me at the moment," Christie later told reporters in a
press conference about the storm damage. "I've got bigger fish
to fry."

I have more respect for Christie because of this, it shows in an emergency he can be bipartisan unlike other republican cohorts who have stood with a pledge to bring Obama down at any chance since 2008.
sozobe

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 07:19 am
@jcboy,
I think there's a smidge of opportunism -- he needs the recovery money for his state, and it's better for him in some ways if he's the great Republican hope in 2016, after another four years of Obama. Plus I don't think he likes Romney much, just personally.

But I do still give him props for it. I like him when he's in straight-talking mode.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 07:19 am

Bloomberg News
Obama Leads Romney by 1 Point in CBS/New York Times Poll
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 07:22 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

In a close race, it all comes down to organization, and Obama has a much better organization in Florida than Romney.

According to my email inbox it all comes down to how much $$$ I'm willing to give them.
sozobe

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 07:22 am
@JPB,
Yes. They really need to say something like "give us $100 and we promise to never send you another email again."
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 08:07 am

NewsmaxZogby Poll: Romney Leads by 3 Points
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 08:45 am
@snood,
Quote:
I don't understand why his lying ass doesn't get exposed more clearly, and why about half the voting public doesn't even care.

I don't either, I heard the craziest excuse yet for supporting Romney from David Brooks on Morning Joe yesterday. It all boiled down to, well, so Romney is a flip flopper that means that he will bendable when in the WH.

Quote:
On Tuesday’s “Morning Joe” on MSNBC, co-host Willie Geist asked Brooks to elaborate on his endorsement and explain whether he was bothered by Romney’s apparent policy switches.

“It does trouble me,” Brooks said. “I mean, it disturbs me about how many different shapes he’s taken. It disturbs me, from a sheer management perspective. … If you work for a president who doesn’t know what he wants, then every policy decision has to start at square one, and there’s massive confusion. And so a lack of a consistency can really mess up a management structure.”

The area where it doesn’t bother me is this — we’re no longer in the Cold War,” Brooks continued. “We had a Cold War leadership model, which was the forthright person who is stalwart, who never bends, who is just strong — sort of the Margaret Thatcher [and] Ronald Reagan Cold War leadership. We’re no longer in a Cold War. Maybe we probably need a little different style of leadership — a little less stalwart … a little more flexible to deal with. What are essentially cross-cutting problems we have — we have three big problems, we’ve got growth, and we’ve got debt and inequality. It takes a bit of subtlety to deal with these three cross-cutting issues, and a little more pragmatism if you want to put it that way, would be useful. Nonetheless, opportunism, a little troubling.”

source

I note they didn't bring up flat out lying, I'm wondering how that can be twisted to be a positive. Not to mention, from the policies that Romney has given out, none of them would address the problems laid in his "endorsement."

I don't think his bending would go so far as to support increase in revenue as well as cuts in so called "entitlements." I am betting democrats keep the senate, but I doubt by large enough margins to be able override the house and a republican white house. Most republicans signed that stupid pledge and won't even consider raising revenue. So I don't see the political landscape changing enough no matter who gets in there.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 09:19 am
A scramble to depoliticize a political campaign, and $5,000 in supplies from Wal-Mart. “Just grab something.”

Campaign operatives slowed down the packing to leave some for Republican Vice Presidential candidate to pose with.