parados

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2012 07:40 pm
@georgeob1,
No company can recover from bankruptcy if it can get no financing. There was no place other than the government that could have supplied that financing. If you think differently then please tell us which bank was prepared to provide the necessary funding for GM during a bankruptcy.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2012 07:47 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
The principal effect of the Administrations intervention in the process was that, in defiance of normal bankrupcy law, the contracts between GM and those who lent it money (i.e. their bondholders = individual investors, owners of share in mutual funds, and beneficiaries of government pension funds, etc.) got screwed as the Administration invalidated their lawful guarantees and put the unions first in line for the remaining assets of the company.

You keep repeating that crap george and yet the bondholders are a major share holder based on their warrants. In fact the Bondholders own more of the new GM than the UAW pension fund does.
UAW - 160M shares
Bondholders - 150M shares and warrants for 278M more
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-06/old-gm-bondholders-getting-shares-in-new-general-motors-may-depress-price.html
jcboy

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 11:54 am
If Obama is going to lose this election, I want the Republicans to gain a supermajority in both the House and the Senate. I want them to have full control to implement all of their ideas for 2-4 years. Let them cut entitlements, cut taxes, increase military spending, repeal the Affordable Care Act. Do it all.

And 4 years from now, when the poor and middle class are suffering and struggling, maybe hopefully they will start voting in their best interest instead of voting for Jesus or macho military posturing or whatever the hell Republicans seem to be promising.
Below viewing threshold (view)
MMarciano

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 12:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
Morgan didn't vote you down because he has you on ignore and doesn't see when you post, I voted you down because you're an idiot.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 12:38 pm
@MMarciano,
hawkeyes is reverand jim without the moments of clarity...

0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 12:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
And this is coming from someone who has to work 60 hours a week in a diner sweeping peanut shells off the floor.
jcboy

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 12:44 pm
@MMarciano,
You know if you put birdbrain on ignore you don’t see anything he posts, give it a try, its fabulous! Cool
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 12:45 pm
@McGentrix,
please identify the trolls in this picture, McG...
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 12:45 pm
@McGentrix,
Bring on the new feature, this is another butt muncher that will bite the dust Cool
Keith424

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 12:58 pm
@jcboy,
Just say the word and I'll send out the mass text.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 01:36 pm
@jcboy,
How about another Obama win? Four years from now, we can be sneaking across the border, looking for work in Mexico, sending Ben Shalom Bernanke to the German bankers trying to sell bonds, and the Obama partisans can sit around blaming Bush.

Really, I wouldn't be comfortable with the presidency and both houses held by the same party.
IRFRANK

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 01:36 pm
@jcboy,
Be careful what you wish for. It takes decades to recover from just 4 years of republican leadership. At least the right wing loonies that run that party at the moment.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 01:43 pm
@roger,
Why would that be? We are nearly out of the hole bush put us in and climbing
roger

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 01:50 pm
@IRFRANK,
See what I mean?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 04:59 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

Why would that be? We are nearly out of the hole bush put us in and climbing

You are delusional...nothing has been fixed and we are still skidding towards the cliff.
0 Replies