Odd, strange, or bizarre news stories from Florida

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 10:44 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
Ok Dave. Look at these statistics.

You have to agree that there's something wrong here.
YES!
The repressionists are trying to subvert the Bill of Rights
by screwing future victims out of their rights to self defense.
Victim disarmament is O.S.H.A for violent criminals,
protecting them on-the-job from the defenses of their victims.

panzade wrote:
Do you have any solutions to the tragedies unfolding every day?
Yes, following in the footsteps of the campaigns
to convince the citizens to wear their seatbelts,
thay shud be encouraged to wear their gunbelts and to practice for proficiency
at gunnery ranges. This shud also be taught, from early grades,
in the public schools. Promote rifle and pistol teams again. Teach battle tactics.

David
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 11:29 pm
@panzade,
That's clearly a Colt, but I've never seen the color scheme before. Where is it being sold?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 08:42 am
Florida man charged after 6-year-old uses his gun in fatal accidental shooting
Quote:
Juan Manuel Martinez Jr., 28, was charged with culpable negligence of a firearm for not keeping an eye on his loaded AK-47, authorities said. He allegedly admits to snorting cocaine and drinking beer when he showed off the gun, leading to the little boy shooting the man’s dad to death.

Dave The Lawyer: 'Your Dead Kids Don't Trump My Constitutional Rights' To Have Guns!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 11:28 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
Dave The Lawyer: 'Your Dead Kids
Don't Trump My Constitutional Rights' To Have Guns!
Yes. On that we can agree.
U have accurately set forth my position.

My right to defend myself from the predatory violence
of man or beast is non-negotiable.

However, I will concede that children shud be trained at the earliest possible ages
in safe gun-handling practices (beginning with: "be careful where u point it.")

David
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 03:35 pm
A fight between a judge and a public defender broke out in a courtroom in Brevard County Florida on Monday.

Judge John Murphy was allegedly trying to get public defender Andrew Weinstock to waive his client’s right to a speedy trial.

Video footage shows Murphy telling Weinstock, “You know, if I had a rock I would throw it at you right now. Stop pissing me off. Just sit down.” Weinstock responds, “You know I’m the public defender. I have a right to be here and I have a right to stand and represent my client.”

Murphy then invites Weinstock to go out to a hallway in the back so they could settle their dispute with fists. Murphy is heard saying, “If you want to fight, let’s go out back and I’ll just beat your ass.”
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 11:14 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
A fight between a judge and a public defender broke out in a courtroom in Brevard County Florida on Monday.

Judge John Murphy was allegedly trying to get public defender Andrew Weinstock to waive his client’s right to a speedy trial.

Video footage shows Murphy telling Weinstock, “You know, if I had a rock I would throw it at you right now. Stop pissing me off. Just sit down.” Weinstock responds, “You know I’m the public defender. I have a right to be here and I have a right to stand and represent my client.”

Murphy then invites Weinstock to go out to a hallway in the back so they could settle their dispute with fists. Murphy is heard saying, “If you want to fight, let’s go out back and I’ll just beat your ass.”
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLY1QO7NB9Q[/youtube]
Those words cud end that judge 's career.
He did not have proper control of his courtroom.
He is charged with avoiding even the APPEARANCE of impropriety.
He is not supposed to threaten counsel with personal violence.
There may well be a vacancy erupting in his judicial office.

David
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 06:31 am
@OmSigDAVID,
That judge must have missed the week in law school where you learn a judge can hold someone in contempt of court.

Joe(so odd)Nation
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 06:45 am
@Joe Nation,
I think I heard some outcries of violence
at the end of that video.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 04:59 pm
Florida dumbass...
Fake officer accused of pulling over a real one

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (AP) - Police say a man impersonating an officer face charges after signaling a real detective to pull over on a road in Florida.

St. Johns County authorities say 20-year-old Matthew Michael Lee McMahon activated a red and blue light Monday while driving behind an unmarked sheriff's car. Detective Chance Anderson pulled over and was shocked to see an unknown face behind the wheel of the other car.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 05:05 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
Florida dumbass...
Fake officer accused of pulling over a real one

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (AP) - Police say a man impersonating an officer face charges after signaling a real detective to pull over on a road in Florida.

St. Johns County authorities say 20-year-old Matthew Michael Lee McMahon activated a red and blue light Monday while driving behind an unmarked sheriff's car. Detective Chance Anderson pulled over and was shocked to see an unknown face behind the wheel of the other car.
That 's a GREAT story, Panzade!!!

Incomplete, but GREAT !
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 10:42 am
Some things that make Florida a curious State of mind.

23 Words That Have A Totally Different Meaning In Florida

1. Winter
http://i2.wp.com/mefunnysideup.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/23-Words-That-Have-A-Totally-Different-Meaning-In-Florida.jpg?resize=400%2C300
What it usually means: The coldest season of the year.
What it means in Florida: It’s slightly less hot.
http://mefunnysideup.co/23-words-that-have-a-totally-different-meaning-in-florida/?fdx_switcher=true
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 11:17 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
1. Winter
What it usually means: The coldest season of the year.
What it means in Florida: It’s slightly less hot.
That is ACCURATE.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 11:27 am
Panzade, I loved the coffee photo..
panzade

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 11:54 am
@ossobuco,
Me too. And it hits home because I make a Bustelo every morning except I use an espresso machine.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 03:07 pm
@panzade,
I don't, now, but I have a beautiful old whatsit (biglietti type) that I know works. Big problem is that I don't feel like fooling with it in the morning, since now it is years later that I used it.

Another problem is that I have about thirty links on all this and one photo somewhere that matches mine.

I used to use it, I know it's easy.

Ok, ok, tomorrow. The coffee itself will be wrong, but that can be fixed.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 05:18 pm
Florida man GRINDS off his jail tattoos with a steel wire brush

‘ Florida man is slowly recovering after grinding jail tattoos off his face with a steel wire brush.

The gruesome ordeal splattered blood all over Ericks Mackus’ body and left the 22-year-old with a sliced left eyeball. But the Clearwater man is happy the tattoos — remnants of his time in jail — are gone.

“Very painful,” Mackus told the Tampa Bay Times about the removal. “But we got them off.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/florida-man-grinds-jail-tattoos-steel-brush-article-1.1812480
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 10:43 am
http://uproxx.com/up/2014/06/most-florida-name-ever/

MOST FLORIDA NAME EVER.

Oh, and she was arrested for heaving a missile at a car.

Joe(Pass the sunscreen)Nation
Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 10:31 am
@Joe Nation,
Maybe Ericks and Crystal can hook up.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 05:29 pm
Okay, not Florida, but odd.
http://gothamist.com/2014/06/12/employees_claim_li_company_forced_t.php

Joe(onionhead??!)Nation
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 05:34 pm
@Joe Nation,
I just heard/saw that on (Jim) Rome tonight (CBS sports Radio) in his monologue. Crystal Metheney...you can't make this stuff up. A missile, no less.
0 Replies