Wont go wont let me go

gordy

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:52 pm
WOW I can't get over the response,thanks everyone.
The crying thing has always been there it's just got worse the longer she has been married to me! Seriously it has got progressively worse especially the past few years.And when her Mom or I ask what is wrong she says that she is just having an"off day" and if people would sleave her alone she would be all right.

When she went to the doc we both went but the doc only saw her,but she wasn't in that long,certainly not long enough to talk about relationship issues.She was prescribed 20mg then when she went back and the crying hadn't stopped she got the 40mg.and thats where we are now.Up the dosage I say(joke katya8 ) Laughing

The thing that bugs me is that you guys are only hearing my side.I know that I am making most of this sound like her fault It's possible that I have a few flaws but if she doesn't want to talk what can I do?

The fact that I am here talking about my life kinda shows that I am sort of painted into a corner. I'm not looking for sympathy it's really good for me just to be here and get some of this stuff of my chest.

I've made my mind up and I am going to go on the trip with my Mother.
All I have to do now is go and grow a backbone and tell my wife.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 06:52 pm
Gordy--

Congratulations. I wouldn't say you're "growing a backbone". I think you are simply refusing to accept facile tears as a substitute for reasoned discussion.

When you come back from California, urge your wife to try marital counseling. If she refuses, go yourself and use the counselor as a sounding board to figure out what is really going on.

From a distance:

1. Your wife wants you around full time--even if she's off with her mother.
2. Time with her mother and sister is important to her.
3. Time you spend with your mother is threatening.
4. She wants no children.

The pattern suggests to me that if she's old enough to be a woman, she's a frighteningly immature woman. You are Daddy & Husband all wrapped up in one and Daddies are not allowed to go away.

Good luck, Gordy. Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 07:11 pm
Gordy - the only thing I can say is - listen to Noddy. She's a very wise woman.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 07:34 pm
Good luck to you gordy ;-)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 11:36 pm
Same here, and please come back and tell us how you are doing as time goes by.
0 Replies