San Francisco A2K Gathering - April 9-12, 2004

husker

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 08:25 am
Hey I had some SFO sourdough delivered at my home on Monday Smile
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 08:25 am
I was going to show up but had to attend to a sick slender loris. Maybe next time.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 09:40 am
Okay, gus, We'll hold you to your 'word' even with the conditional adverb. LOL
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 09:53 am
gus......it would have been nice to see you....naughty boy! You shouldn't tease us.....but since you do, go ahead. For your naughtiness, we'll not tell you the details of the luscious fighting that took place.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 10:21 pm
http://groups.msn.com/littlekb/a2k.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1117

I see by the preview this isn't working.

I have about twenty photos, not all of them scanned yet. There are about fifteen that I put onto little k's site where they "took". I clicked on the thumbnail, got thereby the larger picture, which was still under 150 kb (usually much less) copied the url and put it in the image box on the post reply window.

So far, not so good.

I'd just direct you there, back with a link if I can manage that but the photos are out of order and some don't have a2kers in them... I'd like to have them make a certain sense... not to mention riff on them.

OK, I'll try some more. This may not be pretty.

Anyone know what I have been doing wrong?
(I have posted photos before via little k's site in art threads so I know it is possible for me to do.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 11:25 pm
I figured it out with LittleK's help. Tired now, though, back tomorrow.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 05:49 am
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/38/51/littlekb/25/46e.jpg
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/38/51/littlekb/25/46d.jpg
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/38/51/littlekb/25/469.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 07:31 am
ossoB, I've been having the same trouble with getting only the thumbnails to post here.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 07:34 am
Yesterday, at the Toronto get-together, we talked a bit about how neat it was that the SanFran, then the Florida, then the Toronto get-togethers had happened one week after another (I think a couple of Boston people met during that period as well), and that the London get-together is coming soon.

Since several of us have met people who were at other get-togethers, it's really become a smaller world in many, really good, ways.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 10:05 am
ehBeth, So true! Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 10:21 am
Just think - if we linked the people that c.i. and diane and I have met - and who those people have met ...

my starter list would include Setanta, littlek, Blaise Daley, Quinn, jespah, terrydo, PlainOldMe, SealPoet, selkie (MarleyFrances), fishin, Ginny (longdog), wayfarer, cobalt, Piffka, Peace and Love, seattlefriend, peppermintpatiodog, timberlandko, sozobe, swimpy, cavfancier, BoGoWo, Wenchilina, JoeBlow and hamburger of course ... (i know i'm forgetting people already!) ... then we attach c.i.'s list and diane's ... then the list those people have met ... soon we'll be only a few degrees from having met the entire world!

<edited to add the madison gang!>
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 10:37 am
I'd include the list from ehBeth, and add, kitchenpete, Gautam, Walter, Steve, McTag and Fiona, jjorge, blatham, osso, dys, Diane, Lola, PDiddie and the Mrs, and Rae, Asherman and the Mrs, LightWizard, JLNobody, pueo, oldandknew, Cieli, (even though I still have not met them). I'm sure I'm forgetting some important people, and will add to this list when their names pops into my grey stuff.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 10:38 am
Hmm, I can get it to work with the URL box but not the IMG box.
Now I'll add the rest, yippee!

Watch This Space, I'll keep adding more to this post.

Diane in the Tea Garden

Mr. and Mrs. C. Imposter and Jjorge in the Tea Garden

The PDiddies in the Tea Garden (on the right)

Mrs. PDiddie and CI perusing brunch menu at The Palace Hotel

The PDiddies talking with Mr. and Mrs. Imposter while waiting to cross from the Ferry building and street market to the Hyatt Embarcadero

Diane and Dys and Lola and Blatham lead the way into Vesuvio cafe/bar next door to City Lights bookstore

49 Geary Street, the building (with flags) with several galleries that some of us visited.

Gateway to Chinatown (no a2kers in pic)

Teuscher's, chocolate temptation of previous discuss avoided, though some of us did stop at See's Candies

Good old building with SF charm; Teuscher's is nextdoor; no A2Kers.

PG & E building, more San Francisco architecture

Looking towards Union Square (no A2Kers)

Maiden Lane, chic shops in Union Square area (no A2Kers in pic, unless Gautam is in Hermes' shop...)

That's it for now, I have about five more to add here another time, including the one of us in a North Beach cafe that I seemed to have only scanned in thumbnail.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 10:41 am
To add to the list, besides some folks already names, I've met Roberta.
0 Replies

seattlefriend

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 08:17 pm
Ah, EhBeth mentioned my name. Hi hi EhBeth! These get togethers sound like lots of fun.

I see you haven't forgotten me, and I certainly haven't forgotten the great time we had in Tucson many lightyears ago. J'espère que tout va bien!

Jeanne deSeattle
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 11:59 pm
Seattlefriend - g'day!

...well - I've met MsOlga, Wilso, and Gautam! <from this site>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 09:27 am
Margo, you might enjoy the pictures I put in a few posts up - click on the blue links....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 05:51 pm
ossoB - i couldn't see the 3rd and 4th pix.

I can't believe you didn't go into Teuscher's - even just to sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffff.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 05:54 pm
Diane! I love those pants!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:00 pm
Thanks, littlek. Light, comfy and easily packable. Perfect traveling pants.
0 Replies