Islamic girls and Christian boys

bigduke

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 11:04 pm
Islamic girls, have you ever dated a Christian boy before? I am really into this Islamic girl, she's fully loaded with the religion. She wears the head dress and everything. But she smiles at me and makes long eye contact with no break. I know she likes me. what shall I do? I think she loves her religion but not as much as her parents and she wears the head dress and clothes just to satisfy her parents, even though she is always around other Islamic girls.

messier3184

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 05:09 am
@bigduke,
There is no fear. You can go and make friend with her. She is at first A girl and then
A Muslim! I am also a Muslim girl with such description you said So trust me.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 09:36 am
@bigduke,
bigduke wrote:

Islamic girls, have you ever dated a Christian boy before? I am really into this Islamic girl, she's fully loaded with the religion. She wears the head dress and everything. But she smiles at me and makes long eye contact with no break. I know she likes me. what shall I do? I think she loves her religion but not as much as her parents and she wears the head dress and clothes just to satisfy her parents, even though she is always around other Islamic girls.

In my opinion, if we can come back in 500 years, we will find many inter-marriages between many faiths. The people who inter-marry closer to the present day are just the proverbial "pioneers" (and their children) in society. Plus, if DNA testing is ever done for most people, in my opinion, it will shock many of us as to who we have a common ancestor .

contrex

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 10:59 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
In my opinion, if we can come back in 500 years, we will find many inter-marriages between many faiths.

My own daughter, nominally "Christian" is married to a Hindu, and their children have no particular faith. I know Christian/Muslim, Muslim/Hindu, Muslim/Jewish and Jewish/Hindu couples. Interfaith and inter ethnic marriages are not unusual in Europe right now, let alone 500 years in the future. My boss is a Jain and she is married to a Catholic.

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 12:59 pm
@bigduke,
I'm sure you're not really interested in my autobiography but a personal note might help you understand how I feel on the subject. I was raised in the Lutheran (Christian) faith because that was the faith my mother espoused. My father, however, was Eastern Orthodox (still Christian). He never renounced the faith of his baptism and confirmation. My own son is a (non-observant) Jew because his mother is Jewish. His mother and I are now divorced and my present wife was raised as a Texas Baptist. However, since moving to Hawaii she has opted to become a Budhist.

I don't know whether that helps you any,but my point is that formal religion for most people is a matter of cultural tradition rather than of any firm and abiding belief. And certainly at your age the raging of hormones override any intellectual or spiritual concerns.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 02:19 am
Normally it works out just fine go marry someone with another Christian denomination than your own, the same would be for a Muslim.
Be careful that you do not put this girl into trouble. I do not know where you live, but there are too many honouralbe killings already, forced marriages, and other intolerable things going on when a Muslim girl is dating or even just going out with a non Muslim boy.

Of course a Christian/Muslim marriage can work out, but usually between two mature grown up people.
I donĀ“t think you are mature enough even for a serious friendship with a Muslim girl and the eventually concequences which might happen.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 02:51 am
I don't know where you live. Where I am, the general population wouldn't blink and eye. The family might be another matter. C'est la vie. Play life as it rolls and don't fret the what ifs.
Forget religion and just talk to her. She's a girl and you're a boy. Go for it And good luck.
saab

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 03:32 am
@Ceili,
You are so right - the general polulation would not blink an eye.
The family is another matter.
In Sweden the police think there are between 1-3 honour killings a year - usually covered up as suicide.
Then there are school vacation and the family goes back home and the girls are forced into a marriage back home.
One never knows how a very strict Muslim family is going to react.
It is something different with a family with modern ideas.
0 Replies

legalbillingsoftware

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 02:27 am
u can make friends with her, u can date her..
but i think marrying her would be a different issue
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 02:16 pm
@bigduke,
I find this to be an interesting subject, I wonder if we were to revers the roles and asked what people think about an Islamic boy dating a Christian girl if the views shared would be the same.
0 Replies

Fatihah

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 07:26 pm
@bigduke,
Muslim women can only be with a muslim male in marriage. So the only thing that you can do is embrace islam as your religion if you desire to love her and be there for her in proper marriage.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 01:23 am
@Fatihah,
Quote:
Muslim women can only be with a muslim male in marriage. So the only thing that you can do is embrace islam as your religion if you desire to love her and be there for her in proper marriage.

Couldn't a Muslim woman leave her faith and embrace atheism?
RST

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 01:38 am
@reasoning logic,
In a civil society with freedoms respected, of course. But in a society highly oppressed by religion, likely there will be retribution in the form of targeted homicide on the individual converting or the individual's family.
The twisted nature of Muslim teaching, moreover, includes that a man is allowed to marry a Christian or a Jew with no problem, as long as the spouse is "devout" in their own perspective religion and does not have any bad intentions against Islam.
Then there is the potential for conflict as to which religion the child must be loyal to. Naturally* it is the husband's religion, and women have no say on the matter.

It's all poppycock.

*(sarcasm intended)
0 Replies

Fatihah

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 04:24 am
@reasoning logic,
Response: She can, but it's not acceptable in islam.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 07:04 pm
@Fatihah,
Quote:
Response: She can, but it's not acceptable in islam.

This seems to be the same with Christianity, Does this make Christianity valid?
Why should anyone believe what they have been taught by their culture to be true? Do you think that a God might have more favor of an Islamic person than a Christian and if so why? Do you think that a Christian might not think the same?
Fatihah

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 09:34 pm
@reasoning logic,
Response: A person can believe whatever they like. However, not all religions and beliefs are the same. In the case of islam, islam teaches that no other religion is accepted by Allah(God) except Allah. Thus marriage by a muslim woman can only be with a muslim man. A Christian will likely disagree with islam and believe that Christianity is the true religion, thus marriage with a muslim is prescribed in islam.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 01:19 am
I note that the OP, perhaps wisely, not mention the word "marriage" in his post !
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 11:38 am
@Fatihah,
I agree Fatihah...

this Muslim woman should convert to Christianity right away.
0 Replies