Vietnam Veterans Website Cites Kerry's Anti-War Activities

PDiddie

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 06:26 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Yup. I said it was just for chain-yankin' purposes. There's some "hidden text" just below the picture ... left-click, drag across it, and copy it to your clipboard to see what it says.

Why did you even bother? What's the point of posting a photo you know to be a lie and then posting a disclaimer no one can even see, much less read?

Way to go, elevating the discourse.

timber wrote:
Now, if you can back up your allegations about Rummie's sales activities as relate to the picture you posted, go right ahead. Stuff like customs clearances, production orders, shipping invoices, receipts, letters-of-intent, letters-of-credit or other financial instruments, warehouse records, documentented transfers of purpose-diected technology or information, that sort of stuff, as opposed to hearsay, go right ahead.

Now, if a little ol' fella like me could provide that, just bumpin'around the Web, it wouldn't be you I'd show it to first. :wink:

Still, in keeping with the apparently satirical turn we have taken, here you go:

http://whitehouse.org/news/2003/images/wmd-receipt1.jpg
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 06:28 pm
Quote:
What's the point of posting a photo you know to be a lie and then posting a disclaimer no one can even see, much less read?

Someone's been reading the "Karl Rove Book of Campaign Ettiquette." Wink
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 06:35 pm
Too funny PDiddie Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 07:16 pm
Oh, no bother at all, PDiddie. It was just fun of the chain-yankin' kind. Besides, you can blame blatham; he's the one who brought up chain-yankin' in the first place Laughing
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 07:33 pm
I have an old toilet.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 08:47 pm
The principle purpose of "Big Stick" strategy as exemplified by Israel and the US invasion of Iraq is as a national psychological salve.

I'm sure it feels good to the Israeli public the thought of having Arafat under their boot, feeding him like a chained dog that which they deign to feed him.

Likewise, it feels good to Bill Occam and the war supporters that the US's warmongering "fortified our appearance of resolve; and sent a clearer message that the giant is awake" as an "aggressive response to the events of 9/11."

We showed them A-rabs the size of our balls, and the carnage we can wreak without even directly intending it.

Yet, the Administration itself has admitted there was no link between Iraq and 9/11, and its very own weapons inspector has declared there are no WMD in Iraq, which was the principal excuse given for the invasion.

But, in the end, who cares if this war was inconsequential to the nation's defense against terrorism. Condie says WMD's don't matter after all. This war was for the purpose of "demonstrating resolve about 9/11" and the specter of danger to the US, and the American public by and large love it as it loves itself, and will resoundingly re-elect President George W. Bush to a second term.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 09:44 pm
This is one of the most encouraging snippets I've read in recent campaign coverage:

Quote:
One Republican, a friend of Mr. Cleland who is running for statewide office in Nevada, said he attended a meeting where officials from the Bush re-election campaign urged Republican candidates not to talk about Vietnam.

"Basically, they're saying don't bring up veterans' issues and don't bring up Vietnam; our surrogates will take care of it," said the candidate, Ed Gobel.

Mr. Gobel is running in a Republican primary for a seat in the Nevada state assembly, but says he is opposed by a candidate who has the backing of the party.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/13/politics/campaign/13VETS.html

As ebrown keeps saying, go ahead, keep Kerry's military service in the forefront! Helps him, hurts Bush in the long run, and the Republicans think so, too.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:18 pm
My logic
Vietnam: The North was having a war with the South. The US decided that was a bad idea as it would cause a domino affect of Communism, so the US went in and fought the North. That made the North Vietnameese the enemy. They weren't my enemey They never did a thing to me or my country. I believe that Ms Fonda did the right thing. She later apologized for it which I wish she had not done. I don't know why she did so.

Sen. Kerry was a hero and a patriot of America in both aspects, period.

The Neo Fascists that attack him are traitors.

The Big Stick concept is a flawed one. The reasons have been forwarded here already.

The next months are going to be difficult ones for the Dems. I hope they can muster up the courage and persitence to fight the Neo Fascists with all they can think of to do so. America is in peril now and will be a 3rd World Dictatorship if the Neo Fascists retain the power that they siezed. Democrats must fight to take America back for the less than wealthy people.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 05:46 am
soz

That's a lovely quote for what it makes explicit... "our surrogates will take care of it".
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 07:41 am
I think SOMEONE needs a new schtick.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 01:44 pm
Oh yeah,
in terms of foreign policy, "Big Stick" strategy is flawed, but the people who will vote Bush to a second term don't care about it's flaws as foreign policy; they care about strutting the US's military might to the world, making examples of ruined dictatorships, and the good feelings derived thereof. For them, that is the primary purpose of "Big Stick" strategy. To feel good about themselves.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 01:55 pm
Its a lot like the folks whose only sense of validation comes from the performance of their local sports teams.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 02:09 pm
A superb analogy, Robert.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 02:25 pm
Shocked Does it have to be local... or can they be from the State you used to live in? :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 02:45 pm
Wink
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 03:36 pm
I believe it depends more on the intensity of validation than the geography.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 10:00 pm
I must confess as this point that I was denied the right to attend basketball games at my high school because I had refused to stand for the national anthem and because I behaved with (I guess) apparent contempt for school spirit.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 04:25 pm
Kerry-Fonda photo exposed as a fake
Kerry-Fonda photo exposed as a fake:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19155&highlight=&sid=c8443caa5bcf5c1727387f5f4f238d59

Snopes exposing photo fraud:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/kerry2.asp
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 04:55 pm
It must have been the work of the "surrogates".
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 07:36 pm
Rather like the Kerry intern thing. Sad
0 Replies