Letter from Michael Moore to George "I'm a War President

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:15 am
I apologize for criticizing an uncredited joke plagerized from The Daily Show. On the show it was funny, here it only amused those who thought it was original.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:16 am
(At least the poster was smart enough not to fall for the bait).
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 12:27 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Clinton probably should have and maybe this problem would not have escalated to the level that it did. I think we are in this mess BECAUSE Clinton did not send our "American Military into harms way"

McGentrix, I don't think people are taking your posts too seriously anymore because if they were, how would they let the above comment go by?

I don't understand how the above statement from you is valid in the least! What do you mean "we" (actually you since I'm not an American) are in this mess because of Clinton? What kind of lame rationalization is that? The "mess" is all about going into war without valid information. How would that be different if it was done during Clinton's time??
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 12:50 pm
Caprice--it's the best republicans can do..blame clinton(both of them)...LOL
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 01:23 pm
caprice wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Clinton probably should have and maybe this problem would not have escalated to the level that it did. I think we are in this mess BECAUSE Clinton did not send our "American Military into harms way"

McGentrix, I don't think people are taking your posts too seriously anymore because if they were, how would they let the above comment go by?

I don't understand how the above statement from you is valid in the least! What do you mean "we" (actually you since I'm not an American) are in this mess because of Clinton? What kind of lame rationalization is that? The "mess" is all about going into war without valid information. How would that be different if it was done during Clinton's time??

I mean "we" as in every person in the world effected by the war in Iraq. If that does not include you, then so be it.

Had the Clinton administration handled Al Queada, dealt with Hussein, and actually showed any back-bone what-so-ever, it is quite possible that none of the events post 9/11 or even 9/11 itself would have transpired.

The"mess" is not "all about going into war without valid information." It's about the failure of the UN and the failure of Hussein to cooperate with the UN. I am sorry that you can not see what the war in Iraq is truly about as it would help you understand more clearly why we are there.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 01:26 pm
McGentirx, since you (again) have implied a link between al-Quaeda and Iraq in your above post, I am (again) asking what evidence you have for that opinion. Perhaps this time you will provide it?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 01:30 pm
I am implying that there have been two major events in the Bush presidency, Hobitbob. I have in no way implied that they are connected in any way. I will say here, just so you are clear with what I am saying....

I KNOW OF NO CONNECTIONS BETWEEN AL-QUEADA AND IRAQ. BUT, HAD BOTH OR EITHER BEEN ADDRESSED DURING THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION, WE MAY NOT HAVE NEEDED TO INVADE AFGHANISTAN OR IRAQ.

Is that clear enough? AlQueda claimed responsibility for the attack on the USS Cole. They should have been dealt with then. Saddam was a lay-over from Bush 1 and should have been dealt with in the following 8 years.

Does that help clear things up for you?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 01:34 pm
1) Hussein was contained. There were no WMD. The Inspectors last year were doing their job.

2) Clinton is no longer the President. He has not been president for three years. He was aware of the al-Quaeda threat, and passed his administration's info to the incoming Bush group, who did nothing.

Is this clear wnough for you?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 01:35 pm
Quote:
KNOW OF NO CONNECTIONS BETWEEN AL-QUEADA AND IRAQ. BUT, HAD BOTH OR EITHER BEEN ADDRESSED DURING THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION, WE MAY NOT HAVE NEEDED TO INVADE AFGHANISTAN OR IRAQ.

Where was the "need" to invade Iraq? Please provide evidence that is not as easily refutable as your usual twaddle, so that we can at least be entertained.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 01:48 pm
Does the government pay for your guide-dog bob? Being blind must be rough and can account for your borish behavior.

Perhaps you can get some of the information you need in brail for your own perusal.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:13 pm
Clinton invading Afghanistan and Iraq, ousting those regimes would have prevented 9/11. Interesting concept built on Monday morning quarterbacking and just as invalid.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:15 pm
Still waiting, McGentrix. BTW, at least attempt to avoid appearing uneducated...its "boorish." Wink
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:16 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Clinton invading Afghanistan and Iraq, ousting those regimes would have prevented 9/11. Interesting concept built on Monday morning quarterbacking and just as invalid.

The same Monday morning quarterbacking going on with the WMD's I suppose?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:27 pm
The lack of any actual WMD's is not a case of Monday morning quarterbacking, it's an example of a quarterback calling a play with faulty information that the fullback has a hammer and is willing to use it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:40 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
The lack of any actual WMD's is not a case of Monday morning quarterbacking, it's an example of a quarterback calling a play with faulty information that the fullback has a hammer and is willing to use it.

No, it is a perfect example. All evidence pointed to the fact that they existed. Now we know that they are better hidden than first expected.

Had we had the information we have now, things would have been done differently. That's what MMQ is all about.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:42 pm
All what evidence?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:43 pm
It's more like CIA heresay which would never be admitted in any courtroom as evidence.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:08 pm
Man, can't we get a sticky or something were we can store all the evidence that has been brought up so we don't have to go searching through 100's of posts for links everytime this comes up?

Do your own homework on this one as whatever I post you won't believe anyways. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:26 pm
McGentrix wrote:
The"mess" is not "all about going into war without valid information." It's about the failure of the UN and the failure of Hussein to cooperate with the UN. I am sorry that you can not see what the war in Iraq is truly about as it would help you understand more clearly why we are there.

Hello? This is your quote about the "mess" from the post I responded to:

McGentrix wrote:
I think we are in this mess BECAUSE Clinton did not send our "American Military into harms way"

Which reads that you feel Clinton should have sent the military in and this "mess" would have been avoided. So how is that different from what Bush did?

According to your "revised" statement, you are saying that The failure of the UN and the failure of Hussein to cooperate with the UN happened because Clinton did not send in American military. Does that make sense? No. If, as you stated in a previous post "Saddam was a lay-over from Bush 1", then why aren't you placing the blame on "Bush1" since he never took care of business at the time?

The UN DID do their job. They went into Iraq and searched for weapons. They were unable to do so earlier than they did because Saddam prevented them from doing so. The UN can't just bust into a country when the leader of that country is unwilling to allow them in. The UN didn't fail. They failed to support Bush and with good reason...because there were no "weapons of mass destruction", there was no basis for creating a war. I have no doubt in my mind that Hussein needed to be removed from power, but not by an unjustified war.

As for what the war in Iraq is truly all about? Oh I know very well what it was all about.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:39 pm
Ok.
0 Replies