Online Dating - He won't Murder you - Promise...

Ceili

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 08:43 am
http://static.someecards.com/someecards/images/feed_assets/4d8a2597f3263.jpg

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 08:59 am
Laughing I hope women who are into online dating take notice ....
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 10:23 am
@CalamityJane,
This is not that funny to me. Some of those guys on match.com are pretty scary.

Why any man would think that I would respond to low cut jeans, bare chestt, backwards baseball cap and beer in one hand is beyond me. Most of them have really bad haircuts, too.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 12:50 pm
@Ceili,
That's pretty funny. But I wonder how many women are willing to roll the dice on whether he's got a good sense of humor, or whether he's in denial of hidden urges.
Mame

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 12:55 pm
@rosborne979,
My thoughts exactly only I didn't find it funny at all. Must have a different sense of humour than he.
Irishk

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 01:02 pm
@rosborne979,
I thought it had an Onionesque vibe...especially when I got to the part about his "Six Things I Could Never Do Without".
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 01:10 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:
Why any man would think that I would respond to low cut jeans, bare chestt, backwards baseball cap and beer in one hand is beyond me. Most of them have really bad haircuts, too.
Well I've got the opposite type of profile, just me being honest, smiling and trying to suck my gut in Smile And my profile doesn't seem to get much interest either. So (as usual) I'm not sure what women are looking for.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 01:14 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
My thoughts exactly only I didn't find it funny at all. Must have a different sense of humour than he.
I think the guy's trying to be funny. And lots of women online say they are looking for a good sense of humor. But that's pretty edgy humor, especially when your audience has never met you to know you're just joking. But maybe he's looking for edgy women who like to roll the dice, in which case, he might be getting just what he wants.
boomerang

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 01:16 pm
@Ceili,
I think he intended it as a warning to women to be careful who they meet up with.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 02:01 pm
@boomerang,
I do agree with this. I don't think I would have ever used an online dating site when I was young and presentable Wink I'd be too scared of a Ted Bundy type.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 02:10 pm
My immediate thought was that this is a joke. Not, the guy is joking in his profile.The joke is, this isn't somebody's actual profile. But now you guys have me wondering...

As a gag profile, I think it's funny. If it's real, it's clever... but it's more of a sad funny

Mame

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 02:12 pm
@rosborne979,
Too much emphasis on "murder" to be really funny to me. Once or twice, ok. After that, it's overkill (excuse the pun). So maybe it really is a gag.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 02:22 pm
I wasn't sure what to think when I saw this. I don't know if it's real or not. I have to admit though, the idea of online dating, when I was on the market.. lol, kinda freaked me out.. for this very reason. A picture may be worth a thousand words but it ain't necessarily the whole picture.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 03:09 pm
I feel kind of bad for the guys who show up as "similar users".

I've never used an online dating service because I've been married the entire time they've been around but my sister met her husband on one and he's an absolutely fantastic person.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 03:11 pm
@thack45,
Agree with you, re not real or actual and how I feel about it. Still, even if I can find it funny interesting as a spoof, there's a sicky element that made me stop reading. Or that might have been his point.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 03:26 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
I feel kind of bad for the guys who show up as "similar users".
I bet Fartparticle gets some great dates.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 03:37 pm
@boomerang,
I missed out on online dating as an experience.
At this point in my life it would be comedy material.
Hey! I could work up a screenplay treatment.
You heard it here first!
Not all sunshine,
all parties something of a mess.

Thinking of titles.
But no, honey, write the treatment first.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 03:41 pm
@rosborne979,
Don't look at the camera and smile; women find it intimidating.

My wife helps her sister go through her list.

Douchey...

Douchey...

Eh. Not bad...

Douchey...

Mega douchey....
boomerang

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 03:55 pm
@DrewDad,
Kinda like real life, then, huh?
DrewDad

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 03:57 pm
@boomerang,
I think the proportion of "douchey" guys to nice guys is higher on dating sites.

The nice guys settle down, and stay settled down.

Same thing with the nice gals, of course.