Is it possible for a person to have no beliefs at all?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 07:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
...unless you are a solipsist it should be clearer the relation...in fact the 1 evident contradiction is to think that reality is socially negotiated and simultaneously private...given the assumptions what the f*** would be there to negotiate at all I wonder ???
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 08:07 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Why would you even contemplate such a silly idea about me? I have family and friends I socialize with frequently; and that happens to be part of my reality. Humans are generally social animals, but I also understand that some individuals prefer isolation.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 08:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
...Are you "family" and "friends" real ? or just a interpretative figment of your creativity ? Wink
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 08:22 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Are we back to discussing how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 08:33 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I am just playing on their own terms..feed the people with pizzas and beer...what else is there on offer ? The smart guys mostly are gone...only Jacobins and Guevaras for lunch... Laughing
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 08:41 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Have you noticed we have a new witch hunter movement rising in the horizon ? I sometimes wonder how it all relates with the debt crisis...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 09:34 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
No different your posting on a2k; we are all communicating with each other, and that is real. You can look at it any other way you wish, but in my world, my observations and perceptions are "real."
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 09:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
So I suppose you must assume an independent reality then as "people" not "you" form a set of their own which is not dependent on what you think about them but on which you depend to know what they think...usually we call it the World !
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 11:00 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
You can try to analyze anything you wish, but I'm not staying for this unreal discussion on "my reality."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 03:06 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Saying "it might be totally wrong" without any explanation for why only insults anyone with intelligence.

That is absurd. It (the thing you said) might be totally wrong...whether or not I gave an explanation or not. And anyone with intelligence could figure out why something clearly labelled "an opinion" (as you have now clearly labelled it) could be totally wrong.

Why are you being so petty these days, ci?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 03:07 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Wishy-washy as usual. Actually, what you meant was "I don't know."

I do not even know what you are talking about here, ci. Why don't you reference whatever it is you are commenting on?
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 10:12 am
@fresco,
One of these days I will learn to read the whole thread before jumping in.

avoid this one
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 10:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
In other words, it can also be right, but you wanted to give it a negative spin.

You're such a mental giant here!
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 11:27 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
In other words, it can also be right, but you wanted to give it a negative spin.

How can you possibly say that when I cited both the positive and negative possibilities in my comment? Here is what I wrote:

"It may be that "Reality is based on individual observation and perceptions"...but then again, that may be totally wrong."

As you can see, I actually devoted MORE words to it being correct...than to it being wrong. Why would you consider that "negative spin?"

Quote:
You're such a mental giant here!

I will resist the temptation to turn that on you, ci.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 12:49 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Your ending the sentence with the negative emphasises the negative. Where did you learn English?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 01:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Your ending the sentence with the negative emphasises the negative. Where did you learn English?

That is an absurd contention, ci...and really stretching things. But it did give me a huge laugh that you would even try it.

I gave both the positive and negative possibilities consideration...gave the positive possibilities more space...and now you are suggesting I emphasized the negative because I placed it last!!!

You do understand what the expression “grasping at straws” means, do you not?

Makes me wonder where you learned your logic?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 01:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You're just one of those "I don't know" guys who just doesn't have any commitment to anything. You must be one confused dude. Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk

You're really a nice guy, except you're really an asshole.

You do understand the logic, right?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 01:43 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
You're about as stupid as they come; your questions prove it.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 01:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
... Laughing ...your intuitive capacity of distinguishing in your face irony is as bright as your trollish sense of humour...your level of consistency is from primary grade old timer..
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 01:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You're just one of those "I don't know" guys who just doesn't have any commitment to anything. You must be one confused dude.

You're really a nice guy, except you're really an asshole.

You do understand the logic, right?

I am not confused, ci, and I am fervently committed to many things. In fact, you will find I will argue for what I consider correct or right even if I am a minority voice in that direction...even if I am the sole voice. (Surprised you haven't notice that!)

If you think I am an asshole, I will have to live with that...somehow!