Is it possible for a person to have no beliefs at all?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 05:00 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I am enjoying the circus to the full, tons of fun, and I am not even debating anything here...the last two or three pages are unbeatable...
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 04:44 am
@Philippos,
Philippos where are you?

Pose a question and well people start working on each other.

I think if a person is so down and out they will "question" any beliefs.. And, when really down they will feel that they can't focus and so have no beliefs at all.

Why do you feel this way? Love to see you back again.

FS
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 06:19 am

No.
JLNobody

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 09:25 am
@Setanta,
That's as helpful as "Maybe." Why do you say no?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 09:29 am
No one knows everything, yet the world imposes choices on us which we cannot avoid, whether or not we know. Your only avenue then is to go with what you believe.

Nothing obliges me to be helpful. Try not to be so overbearing.
JLNobody

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 09:34 am
@Setanta,
Why didn't you bother to say that (except for the last hypesensitive-defensive sentence) the first time? It IS helpful and it's NICE to be helpful.
I've had my coffee already.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 10:12 am
So have i--apparently, though, in your case, it doesn't help you avoid making snotty remarks.
JLNobody

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:33 am
@Setanta,
I thought my comment was emotionally neutral and constructive. Apparently your coffee* does not help you to avoid snotty interpretations. Razz
*I recommend Folgers.
Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:37 am
@JLNobody,
I'm sure you thought so--i've never kn0wn you to be able to see yourself as others see you.

In fact, i am using Folgers.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:37 am
@JLNobody,
I'm sure Lustig Andrei is having the time of his life. After all, he lives in "paradise."
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:44 am
@JLNobody,
Let's get back on the OP track!
I truly believe in the efficacy of Folger's coffee.

Now I'm off to the dentist for two crowns and cavity work.
0 Replies

north

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:47 am

I have no beliefs

just stick to the facts jack !!
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:58 am
@Setanta,
Quote:

No.

Absolute nonsense...and probably meant to be nonsense.

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 12:00 pm
@north,
When you approach a traffic light, and it's green, do you know for a fact that cross traffic will stop? Or do you just believe it? Or perhaps you stop for green lights.
Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 12:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Not nonsense at all. You just haven't thought it through. See my response to North.
north

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 12:04 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

When you approach a traffic light, and it's green, do you know for a fact that cross traffic will stop? Or do you just believe it? Or perhaps you stop for green lights.

no I don't , hence why when I go through a green light I still look both ways while approaching a green light
Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 12:06 pm
@north,
Ah, so you believe that someone might run the red light. Obviously, though, you don't know that, because then you'd stop.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 12:09 pm
@Setanta,

Quote:
Not nonsense at all. You just haven't thought it through. See my response to North.

I have thought it through quite carefully—and I am persuaded that my response to your post of “nonsense” was accurate. But I am willing to indulge you by considering what you said to North, which was:

I KNOW for an absolute fact that I cannot know for a fact that cross traffic will stop…and I am always as alert as possible. I am particularly alert when lights have just changed. But for the most part, I simply trust that traffic will flow within the red/green standard. Just about every day, however, someone finds out that trust is violated…by getting T’ed at an intersection. I hope it never happens to me.

No belief arises for me about what will or will not happen at intersections.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 12:12 pm
@Setanta,
Aren't you glad you came ! Laughing
0 Replies

north

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 12:16 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Ah, so you believe that someone might run the red light. Obviously, though, you don't know that, because then you'd stop.

I'm aware of the possibility of Human error