Obungacare shot down in flames

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 06:51 pm
all over the headlines tonight, drudge...

http://www.drudgereport.com

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/66/92/46589266/photos/Moos-Pile-of-Crap/ki61flammes.jpg

farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 07:06 pm
@gungasnake,
Looks like a Pyrhhic victory. That Corsair is gonna get a big drink too.
gungasnake

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 08:01 pm
@farmerman,
The corsair can pull out easily.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 08:39 pm
@gungasnake,
reminds me of the old joke.

what do you call folks using the rhythm method of birth control.

answer.

parents...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 05:16 am
@gungasnake,
That painting is ridiculous. That Corsair is gonna crash, while it may have had good response surfaces , Its waay too close to the water.
How and hell did the pilot get into this position? The artist, who knew nothing of his subject has fucked up. This is not a very technical representation. (And the representational art work is kind of amateurish)
izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 05:40 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

That painting is ridiculous. That Corsair is gonna crash, while it may have had good response surfaces , Its waay too close to the water.
How and hell did the pilot get into this position? The artist, who knew nothing of his subject has fucked up. This is not a very technical representation. (And the representational art work is kind of amateurish)

And you're surprised? I think it's about par for the course.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 05:47 am
@gungasnake,
Until I saw that plane being shot down, I didn't know we had a Japanese healthcare system.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 05:54 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Agreed, and I can't even figure out what the Japanese plan is.. Not a zero for sure... Burns like a zero... Smells like a republican...
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 07:56 am
@gungasnake,
Why is smoke billowing out of the wing like that. What was there to burn?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 08:07 am
@maxdancona,
I get it. It is the right wing that´s burning.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 10:04 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Why is smoke billowing out of the wing like that. What was there to burn?

LIVE PUPPIES!!!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 10:47 am
@farmerman,
Most WW-II fighters would crash. I'm GUESSING the F4 wouldn't and it's a sort of an educated guess, the F4 was a dual role plane, air superiority and close support and it could carry huge ordinance loads for the close support role; if it was flying without all the rockets and bombs as in that picture, the wing loading would be substantially lower than with most fighters and again I'd guess it could turn a good deal faster. The low wing loading when unloaded led to the problem of hopping on carrier landings which is why the Navy went with the F6 for carriers prior to having to face the kamikazes.
farmerman

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 01:51 pm
@gungasnake,
MAybe you should consider more whether the artist had any cred in her ability to depict a plane in flight accurately. That whole picture looks like an amateurish collage rather than an illustration. Woever did it Id like to have them discuss their thoughts of its composition. If you stick it into a paintshop type program and then reverse the picture (mirror image) you can see that the Corsair fuselage is on a different plane than the wings. (Checking our pintings in a mirror was a quick way to discover perspective mistakes in representative paintings.

Rockhead

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 01:59 pm
@farmerman,
that zero looks disturbingly like a P51 to me...
izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 02:30 pm
@Rockhead,
It' great that instead of debating Gunga's topic, he's forced to defend his illustration, because he's too stubborn to admit it's flawed. Given the ridiculousness of the illustration, it says a lot about the other things he defends, just as stubbornly.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 08:42 pm
@farmerman,
It's clearly just artwork and not real footage; GIVEN that, I'd bet the F4 could pull out if I had to bet it one way or other.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 08:46 pm
Japanese plane is probably a Ki-61. The Zero was 1930s technology, the Japanese produced more advanced fighters during the war but never had the time or space to perfect them or make them reliable.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 08:48 pm
@gungasnake,
it's an American P51 mustang painted to look japanese...
panzade

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 11:56 pm
@Rockhead,
I think you nailed it
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 05:21 am
@gungasnake,
You mean a Ki-51, they had a variant nose that looked very similar to a spit.
The fact that the art is fucked up in this picture and you say that the Corsaor would pull up. It would if the artist wasnt so ionyerested in framing the picture with all the "painterly" elements. Its like those Audubon prints that show the flamingo or stork with these wildly contorted necks. What Audubon did was to kill the bird and then lay it out on his elephant sized sketch papaer so it would fit.

ARtists do lots of dumb things that can annoy those that like accuracy. Im a bit of a stickler in planes and warbird art. Another A2Ker I know gets annoyed at sailing ships where the sails act incoherently (like where a sea is clearly being whipped by wind going off starboard t=et all the sails are fore and aft).

I still say that Corsair's gonna get wet as its shown in THAT painting.