Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 03:03 pm
@roger,
Awwwww!
Irishk

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 03:23 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:
How long have you been on A2K?
Two years, two months, 11 days, 6 hours and 35 minutes. I'm a real blabbermouth, too, with almost 4500 posts. Not much of an 'expert', though, with only 2 questions answered.
djjd62

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 04:26 pm
@Irishk,
somehow i've answered 11 questions, i guess the old saying is true, you can fool some of the people some of the time
sozobe

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 04:28 pm
@Swimpy,
Roger's so reserved. I'll go ahead and give full vent to my feelings.

SWIMPY GET YOUR BUTT ON A2K LIKE WAY MORE THAN YOU ARE!! I MISS THE HECK OUT OF YOU!
djjd62

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 04:30 pm
@sozobe,
here, here
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 04:37 pm
@djjd62,
Well, that's only your 'official' count.

You'd have more than 11 if you counted the ones I pestered you about iTunes lol.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 08:30 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

I hope to join one day. When some of the twits leave and make some room.

No fewer than 7 of them already marked down your post (I marked it up) but stop being so negative - your fellow Australians (some of them at any rate) were wondering about your health and they'll be glad to see you back. Welcome back from me too.

Phoenix, you know I'm always glad to see you!
High Seas

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 08:48 pm
@High Seas,
P.S. to twit on duty who marked down my post - keep wasting your life in such pursuits, it's the best you can manage to do, and don't expect anyone to care Very Happy
Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 09:03 pm
@High Seas,
I haven't been here long enough to make any imaginary enemies of rogue hamsters.

I joined about the same time mismi did...
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 09:08 pm
@Phoenix32890,
My first post was on 11/11/04 to the question "Why is rust different colours"
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 06:15 am
@High Seas,
As far as some people marking down my post, I quote someone who said, (whose name I can't remember) "Anyone who has no enemies is not worth knowing".

Anyhow, in the last few years, I have been doing quite a dance with the medical profession. In '09 I had an aortic valve replacement, with a single bypass. That caused a problem with my diaphragm, (the one in my chest) Razz and I now live on Albuteral.

I have been going to a pain doctor for the lovely back that I inherited from my mother. The pain doc thinks that I need surgery on my neck, because of a problem that I am having with my arm. My orthopedist (and two neurosurgeons)
think that my neck is lousy, but not bad enough to do anything about it.

I am seeing an orthopedist who specializes in shoulders. There is a concern that the arm problem might be on account of a small tear in my rotator cuff. This needs some more detective work, though.

And that is enough said about that.

WELL, YOU ASKED ME!!! Wink

[/b]
High Seas

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 10:18 am
@Phoenix32890,
Certainly glad for all the detail about your health - read it with interest and I'm sure so did your many other friends online here. But what I wondered about is your quote about enemies - and suddenly decided I have to go out and look for a better class of enemies than the despicable little twits to be found around here.

The post markdowners are too stupid to bother with - being a petty blackmailer, a perceptually crippled twit who thinks curtains are all equally scary whether in Psycho or in the Bed and Bath catalog, and a couple of others on perpetual ignore not even worth thinking about.

But the one thing that really annoys me on this forum is also what prompted one of the best posters here, Francis, to leave, i.e. the inexcusable snooping by the so-called "moderators". Just an example - when Dyslexia died and Diane expressed a wish to read our exchange of PMs to keep as souvenir, I copied it down from my inbox here and sent it to her by PM. Here's the last page of what was written:
Quote:

View Profile dyslexia

Thu 31 Mar, 2011 12:11 pm
yeah, very clear, I agree.
bob
View Profile High Seas

Thu 31 Mar, 2011 11:57 am
wacko he may be but he's got unimpeachable integrity

the one person I would never respond to is the pesky idiot known as butterfly net - she's dishonest on top of being ignorant, not to mention guilty of encouraging criminals via willfully spreading disinformation - today I saw 2 clerical workers were hospitalized after opening a letter addressed to their employer, the Swiss Nuclear Industry Association.

She's a liar, a kook, an idiot, a psycho, an accomplice to crime, and counting.

In comparison with her Cicerone is a brilliant interlocutor. Was that clear enough? Smile
View Profile dyslexia

Thu 31 Mar, 2011 11:48 am
curious, why do you respond to c.i.? even I am not that waccko,
bob
View Profile High Seas

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 08:46 pm
Blah, blah. You will always be my friend, as will Diane - there's no "probably" about it.

Love you both.

Keep well Smile
View Profile dyslexia

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 08:24 am
ou know, of course, I can never agree with you even when I agree with you, it's just may nature. I will probably always be your firend.
bob
View Profile High Seas

Sat 26 Feb, 2011 07:10 am
I'm going back to Syria today. That's the real flashpoint - majority there as you know is Sunni, ruler is Alawite. Libya is a side-show.

Hope things are well with you - and hardly need to say I only sent a general, unsourced, vague message to ehBeth's father, who seemed genuinely concerned about you and Diane; it's obvious from his subsequent posts, and anyway you know me better than that. I did say he's not to post anything online - he did, but I don't attribute bad faith to him, just careless reading of my message. Not worth arguing about.

So, goodbye for now. You have my email if you want to send a message as I won't be logging in here for a while. Love to you, Diane, and family,

> but by the time his widow received the text, some unforgivable "moderating" snoop had interfered with it - inside my "private" messages space! - to delete references to the other posters mentioned. I did finally get the original to Diane (as shown above), but stealing from the dead has got to be a new low even for the "moderators" around here - though trying to blackmail Francis based on his login info may rank lower still.

To sum up, I'd love to see you whenever you come up north again - yes, we got doctors here too, though I wish you never need them! - but don't expect to be posting on this forum unless some clear apology is provided. See you Smile
Ragman

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 10:32 am
And on a more positive note, it's so good to see and read all the comments from people whom I often read but barely know. I like seeing people's personalities expressed. On a tangent, I'm interested in reading about Phoenix's health issues as I can relate as I've had some of my own.

Not to accentuate any negativity but my preference is to pass on reading about the dirty laundry. The spirit of the OP I felt was to highlight the long and storied history of the A2K community.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 11:13 am
@High Seas,
"but don't expect to be posting on this forum unless some clear apology is provided. See you"

be careful that the door doesn't hit you in the ass on the way out, dearie.

yes, Virginia, there is a santa clause...

I'm doing the happy dance.

(but I bet she comes back)

PS: posting that publicly is very low class. bad form even.

I won't publicize what bob said about Helen over the years. it wasn't very nice...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 11:17 am
@High Seas,
I see you even mentioned bob's post addressed about me, but you must be unawares of where all transpired before bob started attacking me with insults.

When I organized an a2k Meet in San Francisco many years ago, Bob and Diane came as well as many others. That's when they lived in Colorado. When he had a birthday, and was very sick, I sent them $100 to celebrate his birthday. Bob, Diane, and I even went to the London Meet, and visited Walter in his home town in Germany, Lippstadt for a few days. When we were in London, we spent much time together - as friends.

Then, all of a sudden out of nowhere, bob started attacking me.

That confused me, but I never let an attack go without challenge, and I did.

Whether you wish to believe me or not, that's your problem, but please do not post about me as the "bad guy."

How would you have reacted under similar circumstances?

Tak
Ceili

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 11:22 am
I have no idea what this is all about, and neither do I want to. This, though, screams of being completely unnecessary and totally uncalled for...
roger

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 12:06 pm
@Ceili,
Yes
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 12:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
c.i.- I dearly loved Bob, and was crushed at his decline and passing.

Bob loved to insult the people that he liked. Sometimes he would "go at me". Then he wrote me a p.m. apologizing. It was not necessary, and I told him so. I knew that his style was to make cutting barbs to his friends.

Do you remember Don Rickles? His whole shtick was to constantly insult people. One evening, he was on a show with Lorne Greene, from Bonanza, who read a passage from something or another.

Lorne Greene flubbed numerous times during his reading. I held my breath. I thought for sure that Rickles would make a nasty crack. He didn't.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 12:39 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I wasn't "aware" of his attacking his friends with insults, and I never liked Rickles. Nobody bothered to inform me about "this side of bob" even during all the exchange we had at the time, so I took it personally.

If that's my failure, I'm not going to apologize for it. Most people know me pretty well; I'm easy-going most of the time.

However, I thank you for trying to explain who bob really was. I guess, I never really knew him.