Iron Intake and the Leprechaun on My Back

littlek

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 09:00 am
How did you find out about it, q?

Charight! Good luck finding a stagnant pool around these parts before march (april?).

Had a thought about rust - maybe you should be taking anti-oxidants? Eating things like blueberries, cranberries, etc.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 09:11 am
Sugar wrote:
Just eat the damn Lucky Charms. You're going to keel over anyway, might as well eat what you want.

That's the spirit! Wink
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 10:13 am
I do OJ with Calcium all the time---why buy it without it in my case? Logical really.

I shall eat the cereal but, be careful of getting the wee man off my back, certainly.

k-you have a point...I may need to wait a while before jumping on in but, It shall be a consideration for when that time comes anyway.

You know, I would certainly rather die of something than die of nothing so, onward..heck with the circumstances
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 01:30 pm
LOL! I had never heard of Lucky Charms until this thread - then, last night, I was watching a bit of a Simpson's episode - there they were, trying to catch a leprechaun with Lucky Charms in a pit trap!

Must watch the damn Simpson's more - there was a Kafka's Die Verwandlung eference in this one - Maggie turned into a beetle...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 01:37 pm
One thing about the cereal: many supposedly iron-fortified cereals (such as Wheaties) contain iron not in the digestible ionic form but as iron filings. Don't believe me? Put some in a blender with some water, put a strong magnet underneath, and stir it for a while. Blew my mind when I saw this done. And yet, it contains iron, so the box isn't lying.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 02:07 pm
Yep!! Ain't it amazing.

The good news is that I seem to remember that it pretty much goes right through your system. (Good for quinn, bad for anyone who thinks they're getting nutrition from Lucky Charms.) (It isn't just Lucky Charms, tho.)
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 02:10 pm
VERY interesting soz
0 Replies