Leon Panetta Predicts Israel Will Bomb Iran This Spring (2012)

JTT

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 07:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
The gentleman is a leftist. That much is certain.

Of course he is. He obviously thinks. You, Finn, are a conservative. You don't think. You, like h20guy, just have reptilian responses to things you hear.
JTT

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 07:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Your first 5 or 6 paragraphs are your usual song and dance routine when faced with truths that you can't deny. But renowned liar that you are, you do deny them, with obfuscation and double talk.

You didn't listen 'closely'. You didn't really listen at all.
oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 09:48 pm
@izzythepush,
scroll, scroll, scroll.....
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 09:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I listened closely to this speech, but didn't once hear the speaker refer to oralloy or even anyone who shares his opinions.

In any case he is one Jew with experience of the Holocaust. His position on Israel and the Palestinians hardly represent those of all Jews or even all or most Jews with experience of the Holocaust.

Clearly he is entitled to his own opinion on this matter and in that he is a British MP, his opinion carries more weight than most other Brits, but it, in no way, imbues your position with moral weight or authenticity.

Laying claim to friendship with Yassir Arafat hardly supports the soundness of his judgment. No doubt the malevolent little weasel Arafat turned on all of the charm he could muster when in the presence of a Jewish MP who shared his ill regard for the Israeli government.

That his ill grandmother was shot in her bed by Nazis has no bearing on the morality or legitimacy of his political positions concerning Israel.

There are actual Holocaust survivors who share oralloy's opinions, but I'd wager you're not prepared to accept that their past provides them with absolute moral authority on this issue.

In any case, unlike Infrablue, I don't see how the Palestinian issue has anything to do with Israel attacking Iran's nuclear capabilities.

Do you believe that if the Israeli/Palestinian conflict was resolved, Iran would not be seeking to develop nuclear weapons?

I didn't listen to it at all. I take it Izzy posted something from a self-hating Jew?
oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 09:49 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Of course he is. He obviously thinks. You, Finn, are a conservative. You don't think. You, like h20guy, just have reptilian responses to things you hear.

Nonsense. Conservatives and leftists have more than their share of both thinkers and non-thinkers alike.

And there is no reptilian linage in any human. Mammals are synapsids!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 09:50 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Your first 5 or 6 paragraphs are your usual song and dance routine when faced with truths that you can't deny. But renowned liar that you are, you do deny them, with obfuscation and double talk.

You didn't listen 'closely'. You didn't really listen at all.

I doubt that the anti-Semitic babbling of a self-hating Jew has any truth in it.

In any case, *I* didn't listen at all.... for real!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 11:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Perhaps, but let's consider why this may be so.

There is a great deal of angst and sturm within and without Israel concerning the possibility that it might strike Iran's nuclear facilities with conventional weapons.

If Israel was truly a nuclear threat to Iran, Tehran would already be a pile of smoking, fused rubble.

There is absolutely no reason to consider Israeli nukes as an aggressive threat.

None.

Iran doesn't need nukes to defend itself against Israel unless it plans on attacking Israel.

Since Iran, clearly, desires to be the dominant force in the region and Israel is not inclined to let this happen, Iran wanting nukes to counter the regional counter (Israel) to a Persian hegemony is understandable.

Understandable is not the equivalent of legitimacy.

Since Israeli nukes pose no threat, what-so-ever, to a peaceful Iran that recognizes Israel's right to exist, the argument that Iran wants nukes because Israel has them is specious.

(Almost as specious as the argument that Iran wants nukes because the Israelis aren't being very nice to the Palestinians)

Iran wants nukes because it will provide them with serious leverage in their efforts to dominate the region.

They want nukes for the same reason North Korea wanted them.

It's amazing to me that folks such as yourself are so willing to give the Iranian regime the benefit of the doubt when Iranians have died in the street to overthrow it.

Do you think the Iranians who protest and die are rebel rousers, funded by Israel and the CIA?

Perhaps you are among those who consider NATO forces imperialistic war criminals for aiding the Libyan rebels against the dictator Khaddafi.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 11:31 pm
@oralloy,
It's at least worth watching if you intend to criticize it.

I don't get the impression the MP in the clip is a self-hating Jew?

I do get the impression that he is a leftist, secular Jew who is happy to call upon the suffering of his grandparents to legitimize his attack on Israel.

I'm not a Jew and even if I was, I would find it hard to rationalize questioning the "Jewishness" of another Jew because he or she disagreed with me.

In the end he is but one Jew who supports Palestinians over Israel and calls Arafat a "friend."

It seems clear to me that he is more interested in his bonafides as a leftist than as a Jew.

Not much of a big deal except that he tries to camouflage his anti-Zionist opinions in claims to Holocaust legitimacy.

That izzy thinks he is a Zionist is pretty rich.

oralloy

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 01:00 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
It's at least worth watching if you intend to criticize it.

I was hoping to just not pay much attention to it. I figured it was either nonsense, or something that izzythepush was misrepresenting. Looks like it's the former. But either way, meh.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 02:50 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I listened closely to this speech, but didn't once hear the speaker refer to oralloy or even anyone who shares his opinions.

Do you really think that a politician of Kaufman's stature would mention an insignificant nonentity like Oralboy. You have problems with taking things literally, sometimes I think you do it deliberately. Kaufman likened Israeli spokepeople to the nazis when they dismissed the deaths of 500 Palestinians as being militants. That is exactly the same as Oralboy who likes using the language of the nazis.

Kaufman is a Labour MP, obviously he's to the left of you but that's not saying much. I imagine every member of parliament is to the left of you.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 02:53 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I doubt that the anti-Semitic babbling of a self-hating Jew has any truth in it.

In any case, *I* didn't listen at all.... for real!

That's because you can't handle the truth, you suck up your Goebbels like propaganda with relish. You're way too stupid to comprehend the world as it is. You have simplistic responses to everything, and really are incapable of any form of thought.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:00 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

That izzy thinks he is a Zionist is pretty rich.

Finn's right, whenever you are confronted with anything outside your comfort zone, you puff splutter and prevaricate. You seem to have problems with the truth, you've obviously cast Arafat as the Devil incarnate, and cannot comprehend the opinion of someone who thinks otherwise. Do you really want to end up as unthinking as Oralboy? If you refuse to accept Kaufman is a Zionist you're allowing your own prejudices to get in the way of facts. It's really quite pathetic, I thought you were capable of honest debate, guess I was wrong.
oralloy

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:31 am
@izzythepush,
0 Replies

oralloy

@izzythepush,
scroll, scroll, scroll....
0 Replies

oralloy

@izzythepush,
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 08:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Since Iran, clearly, desires to be the dominant force in the region

Prof Noam Chomsky: Iran is NO Threat (2011,University College London)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rutrNbkrhIA&feature=related
JTT

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 08:12 pm
@JTT,
Chomsky explains who U.S. leaders work for and what they have done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBI9mC77igo&feature=related

==========

Listen to what the US did AFTER the Japanese surrendered. It starts at 1:50.
oralloy

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 06:41 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Prof Noam Chomsky: Iran is NO Threat (2011,University College London)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rutrNbkrhIA&feature=related

I know Chomsky is a liar from all the lies I've seen him tell about the A-bombs on Japan.

In addition, I think the hundreds of Americans killed by Iranian aggression since 1979 would disagree with the notion that they were no threat. Not to mention the people who were kidnapped and held hostage for years in the 1980s.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 06:45 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Chomsky explains who U.S. leaders work for and what they have done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBI9mC77igo&feature=related

==========

Listen to what the US did AFTER the Japanese surrendered. It starts at 1:50.

I don't know what he says in the video, but after they surrendered we set up a democracy, and Japan remains free even today.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:32 am
While we fret about Iran, we ignore the potential human rights abuses committed by the West's allies.

Quote:
Malaysian authorities have deported a Saudi journalist accused of insulting the Prophet Muhammad in a tweet.

Police confirmed to the BBC that Hamza Kashgari was sent back to Saudi Arabia on Sunday despite protests from human rights groups.

Mr Kashgari's controversial tweet last week sparked more than 30,000 responses and several death threats.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17001900