For Osso: A Corgi Named Cowboy

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 12:35 pm
While Diane and I were at the dog park the other day, a corgi joined the crew of dogs. We called Osso to tell her about it so she could come see him, but we were unable to connect with her at the time.

Hope this video suffices, Osso. For some reason, I can't figure out how to get the sound to synchronize with the videos when I upload them. So, if the sound and images don't make sense together, that's why. If I ever figure out how to fix it, I'll redo this video.

And here's a montage of other videos I've taken at the dog park over the last few weeks:

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,214 • Replies: 9

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 12:47 pm
@Butrflynet,
Be still my heart! I love it! So glad you took the video.. and I like seeing Sally so happy too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 12:55 pm
@Butrflynet,
Watching the second one now, may have to come back later (Diane and I going to grocery store soon).
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 04:42 pm
The two videos are good but the one of Cowboy is so much fun. It was also nice to see Sally's sweet smile. I think she's a little bit in love with Cowboy.
roger

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 04:47 pm
@Diane,
But, Sally is a pushover.

Sorry I missed most of the gang when I was in town the other day. We don't always get to choose our priorities.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 04:50 pm
@Diane,
How old is Cowboy? I don't totally believe in reincarnation but I wouldn't put it past Dys to come back as a corgi named Cowboy.... Smile
ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 06:48 pm
@sozobe,
Diane and I have been talking about this off and on since the corgi sighting. I'm mad at myself for missing it, I had a phone glitch at the moment. Made me get all mushy when I heard about it, and then hearing about Sally being quite interested (Pacco oft tried to hump her in his charming and useless way and she loved it, apparently from their first meeting when I was all concerned he'd be trouble on 4 paws), though the dog we now know as Cowboy seems to me more engaged in positioning tactics with the dog with the red halter. So macho, with the stallwart back kick!

Then I got all mushy again when I heard his name is Cowboy. Land sakes!
I will admit the Cowboy at large could lose a few pounds, but then he doesn't have as long a back as the Pacc, weight being a problemo for corgis. Well, I'll see him one of these days, and then I'll sob happily, which will be embarrassing and put off Cowboy's person.

Butrfly, the video is great as it is. I'm biased, and love Diane's presence and voice in there..
If adjusted, gravy.

Walrus.
Hah!

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 08:58 pm
@sozobe,
I think his owner said he was 7. That was their first time at the park so Cowboy will probably do less posturing if they return.

It is an interesting location, been there for more than a year. Last week they finally put up road signs identifying the turnoff that takes you to the park. Because of that, we're getting lots of new folks and dogs coming there.

I met one couple that walked over from where they lived near the back of the park. They were utterly surprised the park had been there for more than a year and were unaware of it until the signs went up.

The place is huge, 2 acres I hear, and is divided in half with one side being for dogs 25 pounds and under and the other for the bigger dogs. Most people seem to congregate in the big dog side because all the dogs get along so well.

Osso, Diane and I are there around 2pm almost every day unless it is exceptionally cold and/or windy. We've been known to be there even on those days. The best thing to do is dress in layers with some sort of wind-breaker on the outside. Even if there are no corgis I think you'd thoroughly enjoy yourself with all the dogs and their owners. There is a cement walkway and bench that you'd be safe walking on. I'm not sure about the mulched area. It is more like walking in sand on a beach.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 09:11 pm
@Butrflynet,
My problem is my car and the bumpy road - I've wired up the lower part of my front bumper with not especially good wire at hand (I hit the box of sand, don't get me started, as the developer of this tract put excess sand on my lot (I know this kind of stuff, grading in subdivisions, and I can't just afford to haul it off, so I contained it and toss it nonchalauntly in the usual trash (not allowed, I called and asked, so by smidgeons).

So, I'm not driving over that road, re the bumper and the wire now holding it. Any parking lot near? I might walk one day, that's possible.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2012 02:25 pm
@sozobe,
You are so right, Soz. Knowing his offbeat sense of humor, he would fill the role of being a corgi with sly wit and love.
0 Replies