moving to america!

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 05:36 pm
I've got my year 10 certificate from Australia and I plan to move to America
but they have different school system there.
in Australia school starts at February and in America they start the school at September....
so I'm not sure whether I can do year 11 starting of 2012 September or not..
if I can't do that I have to do year 12 starting from 2012 September..
please help!!!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,180 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Lustig Andrei
Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 11:18 pm
Where are you moving to, specifically, allin? Here in the USA each of the 50 states has its own rules on these matters. Generally, a state Board of Education makes specific rules on what credits are acceptable as proof of work completed at a particular grade level. You might find that your work in Australia entitles you to enter Grade 12 in September (or whenever school starts in that state; in Hawaii,for example, the school year often starts much earlier, like mid-August). But, again, it all depends on where you are. So without more precise information, none of us can really help you.
0 Replies

Related Topics

We maybe moving soon - Discussion by MMarciano
Apartment Hunting... bleh... - Discussion by Diest TKO
Dagmaraka goes Dutch - Discussion by dagmaraka
18yo needing unique financial advice - Question by blackbear
Cockroach problem - Question by RiverOceana
  1. Forums
  2. » moving to america!
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/11/2021 at 08:49:41