Why I am not Voting Obama

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 01:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
That's not how I view this election; I don't care for either candidate to be our president, and will allow the majority (electoral votes) to determine this election.

I defended Obama when needed, but I believe he has failed in too many important issues.

For me, it's not a matter of the lesser of two evils; it's that I don't trust either candidate.

The important issues are very important to me, and Obama fails that test.

That's my personal observation and opinion.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 02:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I appreciate and acknowledge your personal observations and opinion, ci. If you cannot vote for Barack Obama...then you must either stay home or vote for someone else. I am merely calling attention to the fact that anyone who has a liberal agenda bias who does either of those things IS essentially voting for Romney.

I did it once, ci. I voted for Ronald Reagan because I thought Jimmy Carter was an ineffective leader and a loser. I voted for Ronald Reagan with the thought in mind of "teaching Jimmy Carter a lesson."

I learned that the person I was teaching a lesson...was me. There are, I can tell you, very few things in my life I rue more than that vote.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 02:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
How do you think you will effectively "push" for a new direction.

Writing the President letters?

You have two ways to affect politicians: Your vote and your money.

For a second term president, your vote will only be effective in terms of congressional races, and the effect will approximate the force generated by a fart as opposed to anything that can be considered a "push."

A second term Obama will not be staying up late reading letters from Americans (if he ever did). He will have four years to finish "transforming" America or at least sending it far enough down a track that there will be no turning back.

He's not going to care what you think, because he knows better than you.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 03:19 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
On the contrary, Chicago Joe is actually correct.

The last time I looked ballots don't have a comments section that allows you to tell your chosen candidate: "I'm voting for you but you better stop using drones to assassinate American citizens!"

I suppose it's possible that Democrats are stupid enough to interpret a major drop off in their support among Leftists is reason to steer right, but they have this new tangled way of figuring out what people think called "polling," and chances are pretty good that even Dems would get the message.

Now the Leftists who decide not to vote for Dems have to be of sufficient number to cost them races, which they may be, but they are not sufficient in number to, alone, guarantee them victories, and so no matter what, they have to build a coalition of voters if they hope to win. This, of course, means they will never be as leftwing, as the Leftists want them to be (at least not for more than
one election cycle).

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 03:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I appreciate and acknowledge your personal observations and opinion, ci. If you cannot vote for Barack Obama...then you must either stay home or vote for someone else. I am merely calling attention to the fact that anyone who has a liberal agenda bias who does either of those things IS essentially voting for Romney.

I did it once, ci. I voted for Ronald Reagan because I thought Jimmy Carter was an ineffective leader and a loser. I voted for Ronald Reagan with the thought in mind of "teaching Jimmy Carter a lesson."

I learned that the person I was teaching a lesson...was me. There are, I can tell you, very few things in my life I rue more than that vote.

That mirrors my experience re Carter and Reagan.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 04:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeah, Edgar, I am sure there are many of us who did that thing back in 1980...and who regret what we started. Most of what is happening right now had its genesis in that very heavy protest against Carter from those of us who favor a liberal or progressive agenda.

I want so much to not see it happen again.

In the other forum where I post frequently (a very, very liberal forum called Open Salon)...there is a large number of what probably is "the Democratic Party base" who are in a rage over Obama...who threaten they would eat cyanide before voting for him again. They are doing everything they can to persuade others to abandon him...to "teach him a lesson!"

We've been there, Edgar...done that. I doesn't work...and it can lead to calamity.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 04:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Huh?

Carter's defeat begat Clinton, which we all know led to a Golden Age in America.

What led to Obama?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 04:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Huh?

What part did you not understand?

Quote:
Carter's defeat begat Clinton, which we all know led to a Golden Age in America.

Not sure how Carter's defeat "begat Clinton" (seems quite a stretch to me), but we have never had a "golden age" in America...and I do not see one on the horizon.

Quote:
What led to Obama?

The vote of the people without the interference of the Supreme Court.
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 06:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
On the contrary, Chicago Joe is actually correct.

I'm on a roll.
JTT

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 08:01 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
There are, I can tell you, very few things in my life I rue more than that vote.

It's good to see you express some remorse for voting for that arch war criminal/ humongous terrorist Reagan, Frank.

Some 40,000 innocent Nicaraguans murdered at the hands of that piece of excrement Reagan.

Have they renamed that airport yet War Criminal Reagan Airport? That'd sure be fitting, wouldn't it?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 09:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The notion that left-wing resistance to Carter (What did you have to resist?) led to today's Democrat Party is the actual stretch, and a big absurd one at that.

When Jimmy was whupped by Reagan, who then crushed Fritz, the Dem Party was in disarray for 12 years.

It's resurgence (such that it was) came through the centrist wing of the party, and Bill Clinton and the DLC....with significant help from Ross Perot.

What led to the Obama presidency was:

1) A stable of tired old retreads
2) The national spectacle of the one fresh Democrat face raving incoherently on TV
3) A succepitability to a silver tongue and a longing for an "articulate, clean, bright and good looking" African-American candidate; a "light-skinned African-American candidate with no Negro dialect," who Democrats could vote for and not be afraid if they found themselves alone with him on a dark street.

Should as I suspect and hope, Obama lose in November, the Democrat Party, absent a tea-party like movement from the Left, will not turn Left, and will not turn Right...it will turn to Business.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 09:05 pm
@joefromchicago,
As anything falling downhill is bound to be.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 09:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
When Jimmy was whupped by Reagan,

When the US voted in Reagan, Finn, were you happy to see that war criminal, that fiendish terrorist act as "president" for two terms?

Did it make you happy that the had tens of thousands of Nicaraguan peasants tortured, raped and murdered? Would you describe your delight as minimal or delirious?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 10:20 pm
@JTT,
Yes JTT, I exulted with each murder and rape, because I knew Nicaragua was being made safe for God and American Industry.

Satisfied?

Maybe now you will feel vindicated and not compelled to trot out the same old tired shite every time I post a comment.

Let's stipulate here and now:

JTT is God's agent for justice on earth and is always right.

Finn is The Son of The Morning Star and revels in the murder, rape, and mutilation of oppressed people if it means more gold in his filthy pocket.

Finn freely acknowledges that JTT has his number and that whenever he posts, readers should understand that Finn acknowdges he is the Anti-Christ and they should therefore not only not read his posts but do all in their power to delete them.

What's more, I freely encourage everyone on A2K to believe each and every word JTT posts because although you may think he is a bilious one trick pony, he really is a modern prophet for today.

And...he is very handsome, has a magnificent singing voice, and a very large penis.

0 Replies