Non-AABBs Only!!

PDiddie

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 09:35 am
"Retarded kumquat".

Calling our Glorious Leader something as derogatory as that is a gross insult to mentally challenged fruits and vegetables of every denomination.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 09:38 am
A-HEM!

More people I thought of -- Phoenix, Misti, Rae, Onyxelle? Not sure about Onyxelle. Will go invite them. Keep the place nice for 'em, OK?

Thanks.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 09:38 am
Oh and thanks roger!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 09:42 am
ok guys...perhaps we avowed lefties ought to let soz survey the folks she has in mind, and not mess up her project overly much.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 09:43 am
You can BE here, just don't turn it into a kumquat-tossing rumpus that scares off the people whose opinions I am (also) interested in.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 09:43 am
<stomp>
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 09:52 am
Thanks for the invite, Soz. Don't know what I can offer to this debate because I don't like talking politics.

I will vote for Bush again, but if he weren't in the running, I'd go with Clark.

Dean and Kerry just piss me off.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 09:53 am
soz
You oughta get a fan and some castanetes
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 09:53 am
Very cool. Thanks, Rae.

Can you say why Kerry pisses you off? (Or both, really, but I personally am most interested in why Kerry does.)
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:11 am
Hmmmmmm.....

Maybe that wasn't a fair statement, Soz. I don't like what I've seen of Dean and Kerry 'together'. I've read the bios on both candidates, but I really don't appreciate the childish bickering, name calling and defamation of character that both of them are engaging in. I know that's all a part of the political 'race', and will probably never change.

But, it certainly doesn't help their chances with me, as a registered voter.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:23 am
I see, thanks.

You sound pretty definite, but can you think of a situation in which one of the current candidates (like Clark) would interest you more than Bush?

<Flounces long tiered skirt at blatham.>
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:29 am
Honestly? No. I would like to see Bush in for another term. If Clark happens to win though, I'd be satisfied seeing a high-ranking military man in office. He seems to be a straight runner and doesn't appear to be interested in the squabbling.

There is one item inparticular about Dean bashing Kerry's lobbyist activities that grates on my nerves.....

I don't think ANY person running for ANY office should be allowed to receive funds for campaigning, solicited or not. Let them stand on their own.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:33 am
Gosh. Stuff I would like to say about Bush on both the defamation of character and campaign funds counts, but I'll hold myself to the same courtesy I'm asking of others and keep my lip buttoned. Very Happy Really glad you contributed, thanks, Rae.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:39 am
Sozobe,

The thread was going fine until Hobit made a thoughtless post more insulting than informative. George's responsse was mild by comparison, but the result was almost a page of BS that had more to do with emotionalism than discussion among adults. This is why you so rarely see in the Political threads those you've sought out to participate in this thread. It is that sort of knee-jerk behavior that confirms for me, and I suspect most of us here, the wisdom of leaving the Democratic Jacobins far behind us. Give me folks who are willing to think and formulate their opinions rationally any day over the mob.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:42 am
Don't let the door hit ya...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:43 am
-sigh-

And yet, the last several posts were exactly precisely what I had hoped for. Your latest post contributes how?

I'm really not interested in fingerpointing, especially when the fingerpointing itself contributes to escalation. (Or is "Democratic Jacobins" a compliment?)

I just realized a glaring omission, fishin'. (Hey, it rhymes!) Hope he shows, too.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:43 am
Diddie!

(Geez!)
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:47 am
It's another cloaked ad hominem, soz:

Main Entry: Jac·o·bin

[French, from Jacobin Dominican; from the group's founding in the Dominican convent in Paris] : a member of an extremist or radical political group; especially : a member of such a group advocating egalitarian democracy and engaging in terrorist activities during the French Revolution of 1789
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:49 am
Goodbye
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:49 am
Yes, yes, I realized that. Rolling Eyes

Moving on...
0 Replies