War! The fear mongering is here, again!

revelette

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 08:03 am
@djjd62,
Why is it a joke? Are the facts wrong or what?
djjd62

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 08:04 am
@revelette,
you can't get the facts wrong when talking about a politician, a lie is as good as the truth, probably better

and that goes for all sides, no exceptions, only a fool believes there's a difference between the parties, they both end up forming the government, and in the end they have more in common with each other than they do the public
revelette

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 08:08 am
@djjd62,
Doesn't answer my question, but anyway, never mind.
djjd62

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 08:10 am
@revelette,
i can't answer your exact question, i don't care about the facts on the site, reporting citizens seems pretty shitty though, i will say that

djjd62

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 08:15 am
@revelette,
my facts are what i say they are, your facts are what you say they are, unless you're stupid enough to believe someone else

revelette

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 08:25 am
@djjd62,
ok, not sure what your point is and what citizens are being reported, but, fine; you were merely stating your opinions, sorry facts.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 10:02 am
@djjd62,
Being a citizen of another country won't save you!!! Remember what the president said and heed my warning (you only get one...and a half)!

"I have two words for you . . . Predator drones. You will never see it coming."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 10:56 am
@djjd62,
My facts are cuter than your facts . . . smarter, too . . .
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 11:21 am
my facts are cheaper than set's, i'll undercut his best price by at least 10%, maybe more.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 01:54 pm
Today we learn that Obama asked Bibi not to attack Iran until 2013 (Read: After the election).

It is widely believed that Israel considers it's window of opportunity to be limited to the next six months which is, obviously, before the election.

Clearly Bibi doesn't trust anything coming out of the mouth of Obama, which is indicative of his intelligence, and so promises to take care of Iran "later" mean nothing.

So what is Obama to do?

Why give Israel our bunker busting bombs so that they can wait until after November.

No reason to date has inclined Obama to share this technology with Israel and so one must assume the Administration thought it wasn't the right thing to do, and yet now there is a credible reason.

Can't be national security, and it can't be the Obama government's love for Israel or Bibi, so what might it be?
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 02:18 pm
It's pretty clear Obama can't trust anything outof Bib's mouth either, as witness the phony settlement freeze, which in actual fact froze nothing that would have been built til after the freeze ended anyway. Which indicates Obama's intelligence right there. 16 US intelligence agencies say Iraq is not developing nuclear weapons. Bibi wants to bomb anyway. Don't give Israel any tech, any weapons. If they go their own way, cut em loose and let them deal as a pariah with the rest of the world. They're not truswtworthy negoitiating partners or allies. A pox on every sides' houses over there.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 03:31 pm
@MontereyJack,
USS liberty.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 06:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Why give Israel our bunker busting bombs so that they can wait until after November.

No reason to date has inclined Obama to share this technology with Israel and so one must assume the Administration thought it wasn't the right thing to do, and yet now there is a credible reason.

Can't be national security, and it can't be the Obama government's love for Israel or Bibi, so what might it be?

Obama gave them to Netanyahu in exchange for that 10-month settlement construction freeze a couple years ago. He didn't want to do it, and tried not to, but Netanyahu held firm and refused to do the settlement freeze unless he got 5000-pound bunker busters in exchange for it.

It was a pretty good bargain, because as usual the Palestinians refused to negotiate anyway, so Netanyahu got the bombs for merely sitting at an empty negotiating table for a few months.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 06:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
It's pretty clear Obama can't trust anything outof Bib's mouth either, as witness the phony settlement freeze, which in actual fact froze nothing that would have been built til after the freeze ended anyway.

Nonsense. That was the only thing the freeze was ever supposed to do. There was nothing phony about it.

Netanyahu did nothing untrustworthy.

MontereyJack wrote:
16 US intelligence agencies say Iraq is not developing nuclear weapons.

I've already explained half-a-billion times how that is is a misleading characterization of what they are saying.

MontereyJack wrote:
Don't give Israel any tech, any weapons.

Already done. Obama gave them the 5000-pound bunker busters as payment for the 10-month settlement freeze.

MontereyJack wrote:
If they go their own way, cut em loose and let them deal as a pariah with the rest of the world.

They are hardly a pariah, except among anti-Semites.

And no, we are not about to cut them loose. The Democrats' days of selling out allied democracies to the Communists are long over with. America is going to stand with our allies to the end.

And if Israel were cut loose, you might not like the result. If Israel were weaker, they would have to make sure that their neighbors were also weaker.

MontereyJack wrote:
They're not truswtworthy negoitiating partners or allies.

Yes they are.
JTT

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 07:22 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

Quote:
I've already explained half-a-billion times how that is is a misleading characterization of what they are saying.

You're so ******* clued out, oralboy, that it doesn't matter what country is named, you are primed to spout bullshit propaganda, more spewing of all the liquids you take in deep throating Uncle Sam.

Quote:
16 US intelligence agencies say Tuvalu is not developing nuclear weapons.

Oralboy: Bomb the piss out of them. Erase them off the map. Target the women and children first, Use low grade napalm so they burn slowly but it doesn't kill them quickly. Dog, how I love to play these war games! I wanna be a war criminal president in the next game.

oralloy

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 04:50 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
oralloy wrote:
MontereyJack wrote:

You're so ******* clued out, oralboy, that it doesn't matter what country is named, you are primed to spout bullshit propaganda, more spewing of all the liquids you take in deep throating Uncle Sam.

Quote:
16 US intelligence agencies say Tuvalu is not developing nuclear weapons.

Oralboy: Bomb the piss out of them. Erase them off the map. Target the women and children first, Use low grade napalm so they burn slowly but it doesn't kill them quickly. Dog, how I love to play these war games! I wanna be a war criminal president in the next game.

Your lies and namecalling don't change the reality that Iran is on a drive to produce nuclear weapons.

What exactly is this "low-grade napalm"??? Burns slowly???

Napalm is gasoline thickened into a sticky gel. (The idea is for it to stick to everything as it burns.)

How exactly would you make gasoline burn slowly?

In any case, enough with your lies and namecalling please.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 09:49 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Today we learn that Obama asked Bibi not to attack Iran until 2013

Quote:
Press Secretary Jay Carney, asked about the article at the daily briefing, said "there was no such agreement proposed or reached" in meetings President Obama held -- without appearing to comment on what other officials might have discussed.

We have ... high-level cooperation between the Israeli military and the U.S. military, at other levels with other agencies in their government and our government, but that was not a subject of discussion in the president's meetings," Carney said.
Defense officials, though, told Fox News that no "sweeteners" were offered to the Israelis during Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's visit this past week.
One senior Pentagon official said "no promises were made, no deals were struck, but weapons were discussed -- as you would expect in a meeting with the defense secretary."

Fox news

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 03:21 pm
@revelette,
Well that conches it, the White House Press secretary always knows what's really going on and always tells the truth.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 07:42 pm
"Iran -- it's just a tiny country".
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 11:37 am
A breakthrough?

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/iran-official-offers-human-monitoring-nuclear-sites/story?id=15930677#.T2N4toVmQjy

Quote:
A high-level advisor to Iran's supreme leader said his country is ready to allow "permanent human monitoring" of its nuclear program in exchange for Western cooperation but also warned Iran is prepared to defend itself against military strikes.

Mohammad Javad Larijani, who serves as Secretary-General of Iran's Human Rights Council and key foreign policy advisor to Ayatollah Khamenei, said the West should sell Iran 20 percent enriched uranium and provide all the help that nuclear nations are supposed to provide to countries building civilian nuclear power plants. He also said the U.S. and the West should accept his country's right to continue what Iran calls its peaceful nuclear program. In return for cooperation from the West, he said, Iran would offer "full transparency."

The sanctions have really, really hurt Iran. If this works out, it will be a giant victory for Obama - and the forces of peace, over those of the warmongers.

Cycloptichorn