An Apology

Brand X

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:33 pm
Setanta wrote:
That civil discourse in political threads is a chimera.

You call me a chimera?! I knew you couldn't keep from being nasty in here!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:38 pm
I cannot imagine a poster more richly deserving . . .
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:44 pm
No way, I'm not a fire breathing she-monster.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:45 pm
Ah Dragons . . . in my RPG's (role playing games) they are the most difficult to kill, the most daunting to face, and the most rewarding if you succeed . . .
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:47 pm
So they're all female?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:53 pm
So it would seem--but rather in the sense that all spiders which you see are likely female. In Heart of Winter, the White Dragon of the North, Icasaract, will tell you that she mated, and killed her mate, then stole the souls of her offspring, so that she could preserve them, and escape phsyical death by occupying their empty forms. Not a very pretty picture. In Shadows of Amn, however, the Silver Dragon (forget her name) will send you out to recover her stolen eggs, if you talk nice to her, and reward you well if you succeed. Generally, though, they're a nasty lot . . .
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 06:21 pm
So, I have missed CodeBorg lately...
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 09:47 am
I surely would like to see that glass w/the Equator Line, & as a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind havin' one of those myself! Smile

POM, you're an excellent speaker, & I like your insight on some issues for sure... Thanks for fillin' me in on Abuzz, I didn't know how they acted/reacted there to posts, & thought you'd be able to tell me, for this I thank you!

Have a Grand Weekend!
Patt Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 09:52 am
The 1 thing I don't consider myself to be is a "pessimist", I've always been an "Optimist", but I do have a tendency to find the "underdog", & when I do, & if their situation presents itself for needin' to be bettered, I'll bust my butt to help 'em... Why? I've been the underdog & know what it feels like, it ain't a nice place to be...

Cold In Kentucky! Brrrr!
Patt
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:58 am
dlowan,
I didn'tsay that intellectualality and politeness had anything to do with each other. Frankly, I don't think either abuzz or a2k is all that intellectual. I think the nature of the internet promotes brief answers done at a rapid pace and an intellectual discussion runs counter to the nature of the medium.
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:51 am
POM, are you havin' a bad hair day or what???

Why can't intellectually & politeness have anything to do w/each other? This, I truly do not understand? Oops! Perhaps I do understand, you're from Massachusetts, let me guess, you're a John Kerry supporter, yes? Wink

As for this Site & this Forum, if you are as disgusted as you sound w/it, you know what you should do? Either stop tunin' in, (which you can't, lol), or simply reply w/some more intellectual thoughts & views... (Just a thought...) Smile

Fixin' To Turn Up The Heat In The Kitchen! Wink
Patt
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:53 am
brief answers?
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:58 am
My Colorado friend, there ain't a brief reply, or a quick reply in my bones, brain, (what I have left of it, LOL), or my fingers w/which I type... Wink

Love you're Hat! Smile It's you my friend! Wink

Have a Good Groundhog Day, (& whatever you do, don't let 'em see his shadow, enough's enough... lol)
Patt Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 11:51 am
I peruse a2k's forums a lot and I have seen several threads that harbor intellectuality for vast stretches. There is also a bit of dry wit in the mix from time to time.

A friend of mine from another forum remarked to me once that a2k threads were way too long.. I can only say that I think there is a good mix here, from my viewing.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 09:10 am
The following is an example of rudeness:

POM, are you havin' a bad hair day or what???

Why can't intellectually & politeness have anything to do w/each other? This, I truly do not understand? Oops! Perhaps I do understand, you're from Massachusetts, let me guess, you're a John Kerry supporter, yes?

As for this Site & this Forum, if you are as disgusted as you sound w/it, you know what you should do? Either stop tunin' in, (which you can't, lol), or simply reply w/some more intellectual thoughts & views... (Just a thought...)

Fixin' To Turn Up The Heat In The Kitchen!
Patt
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 11:06 am
That's a pretty tame example for that matter...
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 05:32 pm
plainoldme,

you were queried about your nom'd mail in Abuzz.
Are you sioban (not sure of spelling) aka susan?
I am Lou, aka louritter, now, the ol lady-- which I am. Laughing

If you are, what does the COW represent, if anything?
My avatar is myself, now. (don't do abuzz anymore).
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 10:48 pm
POM, all I can say is this... The heat must have got too hot in the Kitchen, for your remarks of rudeness. Must one bend over backwards & pucker up to be considered "not rude" to you? If that be the case, consider me rude... I've never tried, intentionally, to be rude to anyone, (unless they deserve it), & right about now, I'm borderlinin' the hell out of bein' rude... I still believe that if one doesn't agree 100% w/everything you say, you're goin' to call them rude or worse, but the fact still remains that sticks & stones may break my bones, but your words will NEVER harm me... Why? Because as of this particular moment, I'm still not rude, just plain spoken, & if that's rude to you, I apologize, & in your book, "RUDE"... But I still think the heat got too hot in the Kitchen-now who's bein' rude? Razz

Have a great rest of your day/evenin', & boy howdy, I simply can't wait to see how rude I've been now, much less "tame", or even "lame" for that fact! LOL :wink: (I simply love it when the plan comes together!) Very Happy

Searchin' For Rude Comments, (I think), To Say In Kentucky, LOL Razz
Patt
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 11:00 pm
It is a bit hard for me to look at this straight on. POM is here posting rather sensitively, but she is also a veteran of lots of tough arguing, and Patt is here posting as very very gentle always with a nice day wish with a bit of opinion tucked in, and somehow contretemps happen.

I won't ask you two to back off, since I know every slight means something to the talkers, but let me suggest you two have virtually opposite internet personae. You might not actually disagree that much on fundamentals if you could stand to talk with each other.
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 11:50 pm
I've tried to talk w/ POM, but every time I do, I get criticized by POM for it... Oh wait! I know! I just won't respond, get my thoughts & opinons trampled on, & she can have her say... Mine's not nearly as seasoned as hers anyway, & she's been here much longer than I have, therefore, I will back off, since it now seems that I'm offendin' Folks & truly & sincerely do not mean anything that I say to offend anyone. Please excuse my ignorance. That's not why I'm here anyway, I just wanted to mingle w/Folks that do have their own independant views, no matter how different they may be than mine... No harm meant, this I promise to everyone, & POM if I've offended you, I apologize, that was not my intention at all, but being straight-forward & honest, was indeed meant that way. Smile

Have a Good 'Un, & Thanks For The Feedback. Wink
Patt
0 Replies