Why does everyone think I'm jealous of my friend

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 01:03 am
i have a friend who is 50 years old and i am 27. People think I'm jealous of her for some reason. A lot of men find her attractive and women do to. I guess she's attractive for her age but she's just not my idea of beauty. When other people say she's pretty they say it in front of me and act like if i don't say it too, i'm jealous.
She has wrinkles all over her face and a broad nose, i think people like Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johannson and some other girls I work with are beautiful. I'm friends with her because i like her but i'm tired of people thinking i'm jealous of this lady because i don't find her attractive.

View best answer, chosen by bunnyrabbit
fresco

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 01:13 am
@bunnyrabbit,
.....27 ?
bunnyrabbit

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 01:18 am
@fresco,
yeah 27
msolga

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 01:33 am
@bunnyrabbit,
Quote:
i think people like Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johannson and some other girls I work with are beautiful. I'm friends with her because i like her but i'm tired of people thinking i'm jealous of this lady because i don't find her attractive.

You work with Angelina Jolie & Scarlett Johannson?
You lead an interesting life then.
And you have a wrinkly older friend you don't find attractive?
Ah well, them are the breaks.
0 Replies

bunnyrabbit

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 01:34 am
@bunnyrabbit,
just don't bother answering if you're going to be sarcastic its very annoying
roger

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 01:39 am
@bunnyrabbit,
You think they think you are jealous. That doesn't actually mean they are.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 01:40 am
@bunnyrabbit,
Ok then.
No worries.
But maybe "everyone thinks you're jealous of your "friend" " because everyone else seems to think she's gorgeous, but not you.
bunnyrabbit

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 01:42 am
@msolga,
so because they think she's attractive, that automatically means I'm jealous? How? If i'm going to be jealous of someone's looks its going to be someone i think is gorgeous.
fresco

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 01:43 am
@bunnyrabbit,
What sort of answer do you expect if you ask an adolescent question ?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 01:45 am
@bunnyrabbit,
You know, I don't think I'd enjoy being a friend of yours that much. Wink
bunnyrabbit

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 01:47 am
@msolga,
same here
msolga

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 01:52 am
@bunnyrabbit,
OK, it's mutual. Let's shake on it. Smile
fresco

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 01:58 am
@msolga,
Can bunny rabbits shake ? Wink
msolga

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 02:00 am
@fresco,
Yes, they have bunny paws. Wink
bunnyrabbit

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 02:01 am
@msolga,
ok im sorry i wrote this post now i feel bad
msolga

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 02:08 am
@bunnyrabbit,
I understand that, bunnyrabbit.
But your friend would feel a whole lot worse if she knew what you wrote about her.

Why not let the whole matter drop?
No real harm done, yes? Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 10:46 pm
@bunnyrabbit,
My opinion is that the idea of jealous comes from you and that you put it on to other people.

"Other people act like if I don't say it too, I'm jealous."

I don't believe that. Ordinarily, there is nothing wrong about being quiet.
Sounds to me that people of different ages think this woman looks great.
Seems to me you are revolted by wrinkles and non average noses.
I think you need to learn about beauty, but that this may take a while.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 02:24 pm
@bunnyrabbit,
Hi Bunny,

Ask yourself what they think about your beauty, whether they comment on you, or if people do...How you feel about yourself, you know we are all beautiful in our own way..

I think they are admiring a 50 year old and how well she has kept herself, keeps herself and the attempt she makes to feel good about herself, they see that, admire it, and call it beauty.

You do need to see what you wrote there.."She has wrinkles all over her face, a broad nose", but I call her a friend because I like her...

I think this is more to do with a low self esteme issue personally and that's okay, go out and get your hair done, buy a dress and honestly, don't put people down, like I said, we are all beautiful... Learn to understand that, because beauty is from the inside, which them shines on the outside..She obviously got that part right.
Mame

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 04:21 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Could be she is just confused about why they would think a wrinkly broad-nosed person is considered beautiful by others. Sometimes I shake my head at what my husband considers beautiful (Julia Roberts, for one).

I question more why this person thinks the jealous thing comes into it. How do you know your friends think you're jealous?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 04:43 pm
@Mame,
Absoultely, hense why I mentioned "inner beauty" I think women glow when they are confident and take care of themselves regardless of age.

I also don't think Julie Roberts is beautiful but, but, I do love her laugh..

That's a good question, I imagined she disputed their comments and they reacted by informing her their opinion, that she is jealous.

0 Replies