What articles of clothing are commonplace among tough guys & streetfighters (in comics)?

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 02:38 pm
@shewolfnm,
Okay - WHY are you making that your business?? Did I do something to you? Are you trying to prove something by doing that?

People already know about that - so if that was to try to get back at me you are wasting your time.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 02:43 pm
@Sturgis,
It is written:

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 -

9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Homosexuality is a sin and an abomination - there are NO gays in Heaven.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 02:51 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
You asked me about my main character's personality - I tried to describe it to you.

Maybe "brazen, street-smart, take-charge kind of glory hog" would be more accurate.

He isn't prideful.
Questioner

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 03:04 pm
@JGoldman10,
Sounds prideful.

And also like kind of an asshole.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 03:07 pm
@Questioner,
Really? Mario is prideful? Superman is prideful?

He is the main character. Most of the attention is on him.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 03:13 pm
@Questioner,
I was going to say "brazen, street-smart eogist" but he isn't vain.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 03:26 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Really? Mario is prideful? Superman is prideful?

He is the main character. Most of the attention is on him.

No dumbass. But then we weren't talking about Mario or Superman being your main character, were we? Or were we? Have you been plagiarizing? I know that would be a shock to all here.

"Maybe "brazen, street-smart, take-charge kind of glory hog" would be more accurate." == An arrogant, prideful asshole.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 03:32 pm
@Questioner,
NO I am using them as examples- the games and the comics that they are in are all about them, and all the other characters are side or supporting characters.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 03:38 pm
@Questioner,
"Glory hog" means the one the usually gets the most attention. The one the spotlight is usually on. That doesn't make him what-you-said.

Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny are glory hogs or maybe that isn't the correct term- but the SPOTLIGHT IS USUALLY ON THEM.

An egoist is someone who acts like Daffy Duck or Donald Duck.

Can you please not use that word around me?
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 03:40 pm
@Questioner,
A LEADER is someone who takes charge- that isn't prideful or arrogant.
Questioner

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 03:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Can you please not use that word around me?

Absolutely. And could you please refrain from using the words 'queer','philistine', and generally misquoting the bible? Thanks!

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 03:47 pm
@Questioner,
NO - I am not misquoting the Bible. I gave what the Verses actually mean and how else they could be interpreted.

The Word says to "study the Word and show yourself approved." - 2 Timothy 2:5.

If you don't agree with what I said, LOOK IT UP FOR YOURSELF.

I am not using profanity. Philistine is not a cuss word:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/philistine

philistine [fil-uh-steen, -stahyn, fi-lis-tin, -teen]  

( sometimes initial capital letter ) a person who is lacking in or hostile or smugly indifferent to cultural values, intellectual pursuits, aesthetic refinement, etc., or is contentedly commonplace in ideas and tastes.
Questioner

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 03:48 pm
@JGoldman10,
Dumbass.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 03:52 pm
@Questioner,
Like YOU are such an expert on the Bible. Let's AGREE to DISAGREE.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 03:56 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

A LEADER is someone who takes charge- that isn't prideful or arrogant.

My main character is a leader.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 04:21 pm
@JGoldman10,
If you could draw them wrestling in G-strings you’d sell out of your comic books real quick in this community.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 04:21 pm
I have some old notes that I took about things tough guys wear- I was hoping I could find it online, rather then me having to take the time to dig through old notes, but I couldn't find the archive for it. I would like to share what I have.

Truckers and bikers are generally considered tough- I'll look for images of them to get ideas.

Those fashions I referenced are mostly from the '80s and '90s. I need to look at more current stuff. There was a documentary on VH1 or MTV a while ago that I think was called, "Black To The Future"- they were talking about clothing trends that were popular in the '80s, '90s and '00s. I need to go back and look at that again.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 04:22 pm
@jcboy,
I am NOT queer.
I am making these comics for KIDS.
I am NOT putting QUEERS in my comics.
jcboy

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 04:29 pm
@JGoldman10,
Well you could publish two separate comics, one for kids and one for queers, I bet I know which one you’ll sell more of. Shocked
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 04:35 pm
@jcboy,
I GIVE A CRAP what the QUEERS want.

I am NOT MARKETING IT TO GAYS.

TOUGH AND MACHO =/= GAY.
0 Replies