What articles of clothing are commonplace among tough guys & streetfighters (in comics)?

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 06:58 pm
Some tough guys wear trench coats or some kind of over-sized coat.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 07:00 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Duffy, Guffy and Cluffy are his cousins from the UK.

Don't you mean Cloughy?

http://www.jeremyjacobs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/brian-clough.jpg
Rockhead

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 07:00 pm
@JGoldman10,
"puffy"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYWfcz9VxDw&feature=related
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 07:05 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
Re: Comfortably Numb (Post 4818396)
I am a CHRISTIAN- I don't have any gay friends.

I'm a Christian who once had a gay friend. He and I became friends during our senior year in high school before I became a Christian seven years later. Even though I accepted the biblical teaching against homosexuality, he and I were still friends because both of us had a "live and let live" attitude towards those who were different from us. Besides, I had my own sins and shortcomings to worry about. My wife, who also is a Christian, also was fond of him. Even when I tried to convert him but failed, we were still friends. Aware of my own problems, I never looked down on him as a human being. I never felt superior to anyone. My gay friend was one of the nicest guys I've ever known. He was very smart, too. He never tried to get fresh with me, but valued my acceptance of him as a fellow human being. I always thought very highly of him. He died of AIDS in 1991. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 07:09 pm
@izzythepush,
http://www.scribd.com/doc/61243746/Dictionary-of-Contemporary-Slang

cluffy n British a foolish, unfortunate or unpleasant person, a misfit
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 07:10 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

White women are shallow and superficial and act like golddiggers. No thank you.

I don't like blondes.

...but yet you accuse Found Soul of being a racist? Such generalities show the greatest racist behavior on A2K.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 07:24 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:
Re: izzythepush (Post 4816856)
Sorry seems to be the hardest word:)

It's time to post another You Tube music video! Smile

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 07:31 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Re: izzythepush (Post 4816826)
Talking of University I just got an email from my old professor, about my book. This is what he wrote.

I've just finished '???????'.
It's brilliant. Read the last chapters in a rush.
It's Harry Potter on speed.
I have ordered it for the University Library.
Surely, a brilliant film script there?

I've showed up late, as usual.

Congratulations, Izzy!
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 08:05 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
@FOUND SOUL,

White women are shallow and superficial and act like golddiggers. No thank you.

I don't like blondes.

Aw, come on, my dear friend. You shouldn't stereotype all white women, anymore than all blacks should be stereotyped. My wife's not blonde (being of Palestinian descent), but she's still white. She's not shallow at all and doesn't like shallow people, either.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 12:00 am
@wmwcjr,
I like
Smile

Might listen to that over a glass of Chardy:)
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 02:25 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

You shouldn't stereotype all white women, anymore than all blacks should be stereotyped.

That's right, they wouldn't have won the World Cup, if all they did was get drunk, strip down to their pants, and sing 'Get Him Down You Zulu Warrior.' Unfortunately, that's what the England term were doing, that, and tossing dwarves.

Thanks for your kind words, they are appreciated.
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 02:44 am
@izzythepush,
You're welcome. Smile
izzythepush

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 03:11 am
@wmwcjr,
Flipping heck, what time is it over there? You night owl, you.
Questioner

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 09:21 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I am a CHRISTIAN- I don't have any gay friends.

Thus continuing to confirm my assertion that you are not, in fact, a Christian.

Ask yourself this: How are you supposed to minister and spread the word to people if you shun them and remove yourself from them?
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 11:17 am
@Questioner,
If a gay person acts like I am bothering them and acting like I am the bad guy because I am talking about God and the Bible, then I get away from them.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 11:18 am
@wmwcjr,
A lot of whites still look down on blacks and other people of color. Racism still exists.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 11:20 am
@JGoldman10,
Hate to burst your bubble, But that's a two way street.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 11:57 am
@Questioner,
There were a few gay people I spoke to- I wasn't friends with them. I kept my distance from them.

I don't hate gay people- I hate what they are doing.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 01:07 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I don't hate gay people- I hate what they are doing.

So you hate 'screamingly fashionable' soft furnishings?
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 08:09 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Re: wmwcjr (Post 4818735)
Flipping heck, what time is it over there?

Sorry I'm late replying, again.

The time for me was the same as the time of your post's dating, which was 03:11 a.m. In other words, my time (and that of this forum, apparently) is that of the Central Time Zone. The continental territory of the U.S. covers four time zones.

izzythepush wrote:
You night owl, you.

Heh Smile , I've been irresponsible. I'm retired; so, I don't have my daily activities structured as much. But what I'm doing is unhealthy. I have a sleep disorder that was caused only in part by sleep apnea. Apparently, because of bad sleeping habits over many years, the proverbial chickens have come home to roost with the result that I've been sleeping poorly for about four years now. Another pulmonologist whom I started seeing recently gave me specific orders to follow to overcome this health problem, which process won't take overnight. The first pulmonologist wasn't helpful at all, and I gave up because I wasn't gettting better. But now I've got to butch up and start following the new doctor's orders and have some patience over time, waiting for better sleeping. I know from personal experience that prolonged sleep deprivation is a form of torture. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. No wonder sleep deprivation is often used by the secret police of dictatorial regimes to break political prisoners. It's quite effective.