This is for the black members here- what comes to mind when you hear the word "Puffy" used in slang?

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 03:43 pm
@JGoldman10,
Aparently there is another cartoon artist who likes Puffy as well.

I couldn't stop laughing, reading his perception and the reply of others, very comical.. Almost to the point of crying with laughter.

That's very naughty of me, but like I said, I am allowed to be, because we are allowed to be ourselves in this World.

People....loving people.....are the happiest people.......in the World.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 03:44 pm
@JGoldman10,
But it is about cats and dogs - you will then need to pick specific breeds of these animals if you want to omit part of the culture.

As an fyi - you are limited yourself if you are strictly making a comic for a small segment of society. I'd think you would want a broader market - that is if you want to open yourself for more opportunity to succeed.

I often think of my daughter's hair when she gets up in the morning - it is very puffy with all them curls.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 03:44 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I am trying to attract the attention of other black people here.

Hell, you are trying to attract anything you can. Come on, admit it, you uncircumcised humpbacked queen.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 04:45 pm
This is why I need to consult and buy more slang dictionaries and get a hold of many of them as I can. I am going to consult some at my local library regarding the word "Puffy" and see what I dig up.

I have SEVERAL characters I want to flesh out and develop - I am not going to get fixated on ONE slang term.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 04:47 pm
@Linkat,
I am making it multicultural - I am using cat and dog breeds to represent different races and cultures.
Linkat

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 04:50 pm
@JGoldman10,
Duh, I'm slow - I mis-read what you wrote.

But curious then, why do you only want what a black person would think of the word Puffy rather than the population in total? If it is to be multi-cultural wouldn't you want a variety of opinions? So if the puffy animal is "black" culturally - then you want it to fit a "black" person's thought process? I could see maybe not wanting to offend some one - but if this is to be viewed multi-cultural then wouldn't you still want all viewpoints? What would an asian think? Which animal is protraying an asian?

You will need to be careful what animal you pose as a particular race as you could easily offend.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 04:57 pm
@Linkat,
Abyssinians and Somalis (which are long haired Abyssinians) are African cat breeds. I am basing "black" cat characters off of them - I don't think other blacks would be offended.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 05:06 pm
@JGoldman10,
The abyssinian cats I've met are honey colored. Do you think they miscegenated?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 05:36 pm
@Rockhead,

hehe thanks for that, I happen to like nuts Wink
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 04:05 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Abyssinians and Somalis (which are long haired Abyssinians) are African cat breeds. I am basing "black" cat characters off of them - I don't think other blacks would be offended.

Sokokes are a breed from Kenya - I am going to use them too.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 04:09 pm
I felt somewhat compelled to ask- does me making my "black" characters either side or supporting characters make me an Uncle Tom?

Tuffy and Bull are the main two characters - they have a gang.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 04:25 pm
Linkat wrote:
You will need to be careful what animal you pose as a particular race as you could easily offend.

That's right. Don't makes Miss Piggy suddenly turn into a Jewish girl.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 04:32 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I am NOT JEWISH.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 04:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
Who the hell said you were? I was talking about Miss Piggy.

But I doubt that you're black, either. Most African-Americans I've known had far more intelligence and basic courtesy than you, nitwit.
shewolfnm

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 05:19 pm
when us 'black folk' hear you say ANYTHING , we ignore it...

Rockhead

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 05:20 pm
@shewolfnm,
you made me laugh, negress...

Laughing
djjd62

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 05:21 pm
@shewolfnm,
negress please Twisted Evil
djjd62

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 05:22 pm
@Rockhead,