Who gets sicker – health nuts or the coatless?

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 09:19 am
In your opinion and experience, which type of person tends to get sick more often (and more ill when they do get sick) – the health nut/germophobe/cover every part of your body type – or the non-antibacterial creams/non-immunity boosting herbs/no hat or light coat person?

My experience is the one who does not do all this work to avoid colds and crap. I rarely get sick and have not been out for one sick day this year. Recently, I have had a nagging cough, but that is all . My husband (the one that is paranoid about antibacterial use every time you get into the car/make sure you are covered so you don’t get sick/ Echinacea addict) gets sick more frequently. Just recently, he not only had the cough, but the chills, fever, body aches, nausea – you name it.

Same thing growing up - My best friend growing up - a few times each year, she would be deathly ill (or at least if appeared that way). Her mom would make sure she had hat, coat, scarf and no body part exposed at all in the winter. I barely had my coat on - usually unzippered so I could freely run - and forget the hat - I wouldn't be caught dead in one. And I'd rarely ever get sick.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,487 • Replies: 3

rosborne979

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 09:23 am
@Linkat,
Whichever one has a two year old in Day Care will get sicker more often.
Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 09:42 am
@rosborne979,
Well we both have the same household and children so your point nullifies it in our case.
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 11:23 pm
@Linkat,
I'm merely impervious.
0 Replies