The US Circus, ehem, I mean Congress...

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 09:17 am
I would like to give thanks to the US Congress for all the fine work they do. Nowhere in the world is there gathered a more respected group of individuals dedicated to the best interests of the people they serve, even above and beyond their own re-election. Humble and self-sacrificing, they stumble from their limos trailing adoring lobbyists and baubles of thanks. They greet each day with a handshake and a greased palm, ready to rise to every challenge, taking decisive actions and make the tough choices. All while maintaining a moral integrity, intellectual dynamism and a sense of altruism that shines as a beacon in the darkness. Where would we be without them?

rosborne979

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 09:20 am
Let's just not balance the budget, it's just a bunch of numbers. What the heck, let's give it a try.

And how about Guam? Is that thing gonna capsize or what...

High Seas

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 10:41 am
@rosborne979,
Hank Johnson, Democrat of Georgia. Thanks for video, if I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have believed it. It's enough to make you question universal suffrage - or at the very least the literacy requirement for voting. I wonder how the admiral being questioned by this buffoon manages to keep a straight face......
firefly

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 10:55 am
@rosborne979,
And, we must admire their diligence and perseverance on behalf of the people they serve.
http://2pep.com/funny%20pics/super%20funny%20pictures%20of%20animals/hilarious%20funny%20cute%20pictures%20of_congress-at-work1.jpg
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 11:00 am
And let's not forget their concerns for our troops and returning war veterans.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 12:28 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:
I wonder how the admiral being questioned by this buffoon manages to keep a straight face......
I was wondering that too. I almost thought I saw him crack a bit of a smile there for a second.

And what about the rest of congress, they all just sat there in silence. Half of them were probably stunned into silence, and the other half were probably agreeing with him.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 12:31 pm
@rosborne979,
Is John Boehner the glowing circus geek in the freak show who bites the head off chickens for a buck?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 12:43 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:
Hank Johnson, Democrat of Georgia. Thanks for video, if I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have believed it.
It's definitely something you have to see to believe. And he's in a position which requires him to make decisions on complex issues every day. Just think about that. These people should be the smartest and most honorable citizens the US has to offer. And yet congress seems to be completely inept.

Has it always been this way? I know Mark Twain used to think the congress of his time was worthless, and maybe it's always been this way. But it sure seems worse lately.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 12:45 pm
Why the insult of the Circus?? They are usually well run and organized, they get the job done....unlike Congress
rosborne979

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 12:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
That's true. I didn't mean to demean the circus by comparing them to congress. My bad.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:08 pm
@rosborne979,
Are you sure these guys are liberal. they remind me of the republican candidates running for president. My bad. I forgot, all politicians are cut from the same cloth. Dumb and dumber.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:16 pm
I would not have believed it without seeing it for myself. Like a skit from SNL.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:29 pm
Here's what they spent their time on..
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-november-3-2011/men-not-at-work
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I would not have believed it without seeing it for myself. Like a skit from SNL.
This in spite of people like me talking in your ear for years about how broken Washington is.

Oh wait, you have me on ignore dont ya......that explains it.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:43 pm
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:48 pm
By the way, I didn't mean to just pick on Hank Johnson. I'm sure there's plenty of blame to go around.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:59 pm
Of course, one time, they thought Manhattan might tip over and devised a plan to saw off one end and move it to the other side. The mayor authorized this course of action.
0 Replies