RACISM IN "WHITE" AMERICA

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 6 Jan, 2012 04:30 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I have experienced more racism living on Florida then California. How is it that cars can pass by an elderly black man who fell in the middle of the street and couldn't get up, as if he was a trash can blown into the street, swerving around him, was it because he was black? would it have been different if he were white? whatever the case it happened and its just a disgusting reminder of the current state of affairs in america and the how cold and callous it can be, this IS NOT what being american was supposed to be about.

It's disgusting that people would leave anyone who has fallen to the street unaided, but your conclusion that it demonstrates racism is very likely an assumption based on bias.

There was a viral YouTube video a while back which filmed a white man getting hit by a car on a street in Hartford, CT and then laying on the ground while cars and pedestrians passed him by. Racism?

How was the black man who fell in the street dressed?

I'm betting it wasn't in a three piece suit.

Racism has somehow achieved a greater level of evil than other human sins, and the reason is because it can be used for political purposes.

Questioner

Fri 6 Jan, 2012 04:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

How was the black man who fell in the street dressed?

I'm betting it wasn't in a three piece suit.

Wow. Racism AND classism in one swoop. Now you're just showing off.

I must be missing a vital point that you're trying to make. What does his dress have to do with people passing him by?

Quote:

Racism has somehow achieved a greater level of evil than other human sins, and the reason is because it can be used for political purposes.

Racism has achieved the exact level of evil that it deserves precisely BECAUSE it propagates so many other human sins. And your assertions that its achieved 'evil' status has ANYTHING to do with politics is both short-sighted and extremely revealing.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 7 Jan, 2012 02:05 am
@Questioner,
Please explain where I demonstrated either racism or classism?

Apparently you reside in either the deserts of New Mexico or the mountains of Utah, because anyone who has spent any real time in an American city knows that it is isn't race that causes passerbyes to ignore the plight of a fallen fellow human being.

If you spend any time in a major US city, you will appreciate that the streets are at least peppered and more likely filled with bums of any and all races. These unfortunate fellows have a tendency to collapse in the street.

This is not to say that ignoring the plight of a fellow human being in distress is OK if he or she can be considered a bum, but it has nothing to do with racism and only those who wish to power up their political epithets insist it does.

Racism is evil, but how is it more evil than other sins of humanity: Pedophilia, rape, murder, sadism et al?

What do you think I have revealed by asserting that racism is no worse than any other sin, and that those who insist it is, do so because they wish to have a super charged epithet to toss at their political opponents?

If you can explain how racism is worse that other human atrocities I just might have to take you seriously
Questioner

Sat 7 Jan, 2012 06:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Please explain where I demonstrated either racism or classism?

Apparently you reside in either the deserts of New Mexico or the mountains of Utah, because anyone who has spent any real time in an American city knows that it is isn't race that causes passerbyes to ignore the plight of a fallen fellow human being.

Which has what, exactly, to do with what this individual was wearing? Is this an insinuation that this particular individual looks homeless and is thusly being ignored? That I could possibly see, save the fact that he was elderly, and in the middle of the street. Having lived in Seattle for several years I could see how a homeless man could be ignored, but not if he was lying in the midst of the street after having fallen.

And perhaps you're right. It isn't racism that always causes passerbyes to ignore a fallen fellow human being. Although, come to think of it, if racism doesn't cause one to outright ridicule or turn violent upon a chosen target, ignoring is also a very common response.

Quote:
This is not to say that ignoring the plight of a fellow human being in distress is OK if he or she can be considered a bum, but it has nothing to do with racism and only those who wish to power up their political epithets insist it does.

And only those who wish to utterly ignore the fact that racism is still a very real and present occurrence insist that anyone calling 'racism' must be in error. JCBoy's 'questioning' of this occurrence as evidence of racism is perfectly matched by your insistence that it isn't. I do believe the race card is becoming easier and easier to lay down without any actual evidence, however I don't discount a possible occurrence merely because I can mentally explain it away.

Quote:
Racism is evil, but how is it more evil than other sins of humanity: Pedophilia, rape, murder, sadism et al?

As I stated, anything that can act as a gateway or reason for those sins you've mentioned being committed is, in my mind, inherently more evil than the rest. And just to be clear, in this instance 'evil' can be easily interchanged with 'damaging' or 'dangerous'. Racism gives every reason required for some imbecile to go out and rape, beat, murder, mug, or drag someone behind their truck for several miles.

Quote:
What do you think I have revealed by asserting that racism is no worse than any other sin, and that those who insist it is, do so because they wish to have a super charged epithet to toss at their political opponents?

The thing you point out about a possible case of racism is how it's just being used as political fodder. Not only does this reveal your own inherent doubt of the possibility of racism in this case, it also highlights the paths your mind take towards gain and away from compassion.

Quote:
If you can explain how racism is worse that other human atrocities I just might have to take you seriously

You taking me seriously was, fortunately, never really on my list of give-a-damns.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 7 Jan, 2012 07:34 pm
If you have an interest in understanding racism I would recommend listing to a lecture by someone who studies it as if it were a science.

The Color of the Race Problem Is White"

Tabludama

Mon 9 Jan, 2012 05:43 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
If you have an interest in understanding racism I would recommend listing to a lecture by someone who studies it as if it were a science.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A science?

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Rolling Eyes

Dogma is not science.

Try to keep up.

BTW, an incredible irony here is that the airhead professor teaches the profession of "journalism" of all things. No wonder the Corrupt Liberal Media is so corrupt.

"Liberalism" has killed Journalism.

reasoning logic

Mon 9 Jan, 2012 05:37 pm
@Tabludama,
What is this dogma that you heard him say? Can you give an example? Idea
0 Replies

JoeBruno

Mon 20 Feb, 2012 07:36 pm
@Setanta,
I agree it is common in certain areas of the USA and among certain ethnic groups, but not that all white Americans agree with it.
How can that be when 70% of Americans are Christians and all the Christian churches have condemned racism?
It is also very rare among American Jews, the group I have spent much of my life with.There was a rabbi named Meir Kahane who repeatedly made racist statements about Arabs.He and his followers were finally banned from Israel and their political party was banned from the Israeli parliament, the Knesset.

I know lots of Christians of all denominations, and none of them are racist.
My acquaintances include Catholics, Greek Orthodox,Serbian Orthodox,
Merthodists and Baptists.

The USA has a Christian majority-70%, and this is the nation that passed
the Civil Rights laws that protect minorities from discrimination.
If the majority did not want those laws, Congress would never have passed them.
0 Replies

Lovelifebeautiful

Thu 13 Sep, 2012 11:26 am
"White America"??? Maybe for now is the majority, but definitely not a voice heard. We have to keep our mouths shut. We as Christians have had to delete any part of our faith out of school, work, everywhere. Yet it is white people being racist if we allow pork in schools,don't allow muslims to where dresses around work machinery even though it is company policy, a liability to the company if someone gets hurt, and against OSHA safety work standards, defend ourselves as another race stabs our children in the back with a pencil and slaps the back of his head while the teachers not looking, takes your childs wallet with his hard earned money in it-and gets away with it because the principal happens to be of another race. Watch a co-worker treat vulnerable adults cruelly then turn around lie about a white chic, talk about how she will give her a beatdown if she gives her any lip in front of others. The white girl got three days suspension the other "nothing" i watched it happen time and time again with many young white girls over the years. I could see the rage and jealousy in her eyes. I am by no means racist "to each his own 'cause nobodys gonna each it for you." But WHY is it ok for everyone else to voice their opinion but not us or "we are being racist" We work, try to do the best we can as parents, keep our children involved to become good people. Try to save an extra buck so once in a while we can go on a vacation come home from work help w/homework, make dinner,clean, go to bed, get up and do it again. In our own little worlds not crying about how the boss treated us just complying 'cause we have to. We have to just shut up and take it. Racism against WHITE PEOPLE. I grew up in the Cities I have walked every side of the coin of life. Spanish, White, Black, Asian, Harley gangs, White people are the meekest, easy going, least judgemental group just trying to get by. I have noticed Whites and blacks referring to spanish speaking people as Mexican even though they are not, I also have corrected them and know that it was by no means meant in a harmful way, they were just trying to give them a hard time ina funny sort of way trying to break the ice. YES it is wrong and simple minded but not ill intentioned. I have heard white people complain about other races discretely because they have to be, and I have heard many black people very openly critisize white people over EVERYTHING but that is OK and it is constant. I respect hard working, loving people, that are trying to get ahead and live the DREAM no matter what color. We were all in my thoughts from the same place originally but we need to come up with a plan where religion and politics stay out of school and work for every race. And I really don't think there will ever be total peace as far as the races go history has proven this. I sometimes find myself angered as well but again have to keep my mouth shut or be called racist for complaining or voicing my opinion. I thank you for letting me ramble, get it off my chest- now I feel better and can go have a happier day of hard work busting my ass day taking care of your granparents no matter what color, loving them, listening to their stories- appreciating the hard work they've accomplished in their lives, the memories they've given their children and try to create a happy memory for my children to remember me by later today, make some dinner, do some homework,try to get a good nights sleep so I can do it all over again tomorrow.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Thu 13 Sep, 2012 03:10 pm
we have more white racism in America because we have more white people, but in my experience every race is also racist against someone. People just are haters by nature period. Maybe, just maybe, we all suck. The decent among us of us do our very best to overcome it but fail sometimes... and some people don't even try to overcome our base natures. Some people are truly evil and embrace our base nature. So it has always been and will continue until we go the way of the dinosaurs.
cicerone imposter

Thu 13 Sep, 2012 03:23 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I agree with your thesis that most people are racist - no matter what background of the individual.

Having experienced racism since my early childhood, I have no tolerance for any bigotry.

I was the first Asian to work in management for Florsheim, and was the first to hire women auditors.

0 Replies