Yet More Proof that Young Men are in Big Trouble

Linkat

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 11:25 am
@hawkeye10,
Yes - I had heard this too. But I've seen it as well - personally it always seemed that more young men lived at home with their parents than young women.

Wonder why more young women move out of their parent's home than young men.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 11:28 am
@hawkeye10,
I also think that men (or boys) care less - as long as they have a place to sleep and food.

Women for the most part, care about their apartment/home situation more.

At least this is what I've experienced in the first 5 years out of college.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 11:54 am
@Green Witch,
funny my experience was the opposite - not that women were unwilling to have a roommate, but the men that moved out tended to have more roommates - many I knew would even rent a house and have several roommates, where women tended to have one or two roommates at the most.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 12:01 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I don't know that hawk is obsessed with gender so much as obsessed with people who are obsessed with gender who will run things off a cliff if somebody doesn't stand up to them. In that case he is obsessed with us not being run off a cliff. Which is fairly heroic imo.

You have an excluded middle argument.
spendius

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 12:12 pm
@aidan,
Are you really saying, Rebecca, that women are not very good at consuming all available resources without regard to future scarcity or danger.

You could have fooled a donkey with such a ridiculous idea but not ol' spendi. A recent survey showed that the average British woman has 39 pirs of shoes. Ask a plumber to guess the average number of bottles in a lady's bathroom.

Somebody once said that the world doesn't let a good looking woman starve. And they are all good looking to somebody.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 12:16 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
How come their adult sons are so much more dependent & helpless, compared to their daughters?

Because their daughters have an attribute which their sons not only don't have but are obsessed with.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 12:19 pm
@Green Witch,
I would imagine GW that men shun male room-mates because they fear being suspected of homosexuality.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 12:29 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
I'm not dismissive of the status of young men... I'm dismissive of your panic about the status of young men.

I don't give a damn about the status of young men. It's the economy that matters and the simple and obvious fact is that the rise of feminism has coincided with deficits of such extraordinary proportions that politicians don't know what to do about them.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 12:46 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I don't know that hawk is obsessed with gender so much as obsessed with people who are obsessed with gender who will run things off a cliff if somebody doesn't stand up to them. In that case he is obsessed with us not being run off a cliff. Which is fairly heroic imo.

True that, but also I am outraged that the lie is spread around that men tend to be little shits who want to abuse women, as we know by the alleged long history of men abusing women. It is all an outrageous lie, it is character assassination pure and simple....men must begin to stand up for ourselves, and women must demand that the feminists cease and desist their aggression against men. If the feminists refuse (as I expect they would) then women must stand up and say that they like men, and make it clear that the feminists do not represent them.

There is indeed a lot of abuse going on, but it is flowing in the opposite direction from what the feminists, media and government claim that it is.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 12:46 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I don't give a damn about the status of young men
Pity
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 01:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
US wealth gap between young and old is widest ever

Quote:
- The wealth gap between younger and older Americans has stretched to the widest on record, worsened by a prolonged economic downturn that has wiped out job opportunities for young adults and saddled them with housing and college debt.

The typical U.S. household headed by a person age 65 or older has a net worth 47 times greater than a household headed by someone under 35, according to an analysis of census data released Monday.

While people typically accumulate assets as they age, this wealth gap is now more than double what it was in 2005 and nearly five times the 10-to-1 disparity a quarter-century ago, after adjusting for inflation.

The analysis reflects the impact of the economic downturn, which has hit young adults particularly hard. More are pursuing college or advanced degrees, taking on debt as they wait for the job market to recover. Others are struggling to pay mortgage costs on homes now worth less than when they were bought in the housing boom.

The report, coming out before the Nov. 23 deadline for a special congressional committee to propose $1.2 trillion in budget cuts over 10 years, casts a spotlight on a government safety net that has buoyed older Americans on Social Security and Medicare amid wider cuts to education and other programs, including cash assistance for poor families.

"It makes us wonder whether the extraordinary amount of resources we spend on retirees and their health care should be at least partially reallocated to those who are hurting worse than them," said Harry Holzer, a labor economist and public policy professor at Georgetown University who called the magnitude of the wealth gap "striking."

The median net worth of households headed by someone 65 or older was $170,494. That is 42 percent more than in 1984, when the Census Bureau first began measuring wealth broken down by age. The median net worth for the younger-age households was $3,662, down by 68 percent from a quarter-century ago, according to the analysis by the Pew Research Center.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/US-wealth-gap-between-young-apf-1375093723.html;_ylt=AnuTU43JssRjPP8ipMWKsea7YWsA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1MG9hdGkzBHBvcwM2BHNlYwN0b3BTdG9yaWVzBHNsawN1c3dlYWx0aGdhcGI-?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=3&asset=&ccode=

Young men suffer a double whammy...they are young, and they are men.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 01:48 pm
@ehBeth,
Off topic, on topic.

"Women nag" according to men... I find it "normal" yet funny when my nephews girlfriend, tells him to get off facebook and STUDY.....

The old saying "boys with their toys"...

Boys sense of responsibility is completely different to girls, it always will be, it will never change...

I can't see any men haters here, and there is nothing at all wrong with equality, something that does not appear to appear here as acknowledgement...

0 Replies