Yet More Proof that Young Men are in Big Trouble

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 02:45 pm
@aidan,
That's very interesting:)

Women were born to be survivors, we will walk to the end of Earth to save our child, therefore, we'll take what ever job as well to feed them and let's face it, apparently we aren't smart enough to hold high positions, well this generation and the last one beg to differ and so we studied and worked our butt off to get somewhere in life..

Boys, study but then party, party and then study, if there is no job, they will be fine, Mum will feed them, do their washing, or their girlfriend... No drive, motivation, and the knowledge they are safe...

A woman is about to go through a break up, how does she survive is the first thing that comes to her mind....To his mind? #*%t^#a#$ who does she think she is leaving me, oh well plenty of fish in the sea, dang if she is going to take me financially though, I'm going on un-employment, I have no money, Mum let me stay with you til the Divorce is over.....

Yep young men are in trouble if they don't realise we have guts, balls, determination, drive, ambition and can stand on our own two feet.........

Well had to add that in after reading all your other posts....

There are alot of successful "people" in this world....it's a matter of choice, their choice of what "they" want to do with their lives and how they live it when the chips are down....

But the above rings true as well....
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 03:00 pm
One thing I noticed is the willingness of women to have a roommate. All my nieces and young female employees share apartments. The young men I know, out on their own, all have their own apartment. It seems men would rather live at home than share a space. I have no idea if any studies have been done on this, but I remember it going back even to my own post college days. I shared an apartment for 4 years after college until I could afford to have my own place. All the men I dated in my 20's lived alone.
DrewDad

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 03:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawkeye's obsession with the fate of men is quite similar to the obsessions of birthers and truthers.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 04:41 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Hawkeye's obsession with the fate of men is quite similar to the obsessions of birthers and truthers.
It is good to be obsessed with major problems which not only are not getting dealt with but which are barely even getting talked about. Are you so slow that you dont know this?? That you equate the difficulties that at least one generation of men are having with those who question whether Obama is born in America is highly offensive. You are dismissive of the status of young men, which is your right to have your give a **** broken, but dont come around trying to parade your inferiority as superiority.

EDIT: I hope to hell that you have over the last decades been equally as dismissive of the feminists...if not then you are another man hater like IdiotBill.
Mame

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 05:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
And you haven't replied to my last post. Cat got your tongue?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 05:08 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

And you haven't replied to my last post. Cat got your tongue?
I already have...talking about the problem, recognizing the problem, is the first step towards solving the problem. Talking is not doing nothing, which I strongly suspect you are a smart enough broad to know. Since you are apparently just pissing around here I dont figure it makes sense to waste much time on you.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 05:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
Excuse me, but I'm a feminist and I adore men. I think feminism has helped men as much as it has helped women. Men no longer are expected to be the sole family bread winner who was judged by how much "bacon" he could bring home. Men are no longer looked down upon if they help with the dirtier parts of child care or house work, they are actually admired when they pitch in. Men have been allowed to leave behind the stereotypical roll of the strong silent type who sits behind his newspaper until The Wife calls him in for his meat and potato supper. Men have the freedom to be a full time father and house husband if the woman they partner with has a job that can support a family. Men can tell both their sons and daughters that they can be doctors, lawyers, accountants, artists, dancers, musicians or anything else they want to be without society telling them they are the wrong sex for that profession. Not only have women come along way baby, but so have men. And it's for the better.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 05:20 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
Not only have women come along way baby, but so have men. And it's for the better.
I submit that it does not feel great to these young men who often find that they are not competitive with women for either education or jobs. Not being able to provide for themselves much less a family is a kick to the gut for most men...a point that your Pollyanna story skips over.
Mame

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 05:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
They need to apply themselves and work harder.

What if they did as well in school as the women and got the same jobs but dicked around at work and got fired? Is that feminists' fault, too?

As to your other point, you have talked about it ad nauseum - we know already!! So now what?

And what would you do if and when everyone on A2K is converted to your philosophy? Move to a new forum so you can keep talking?
parados

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 05:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yah, cuz men is so weak. If they gets beet by a wimin, they jist curls up and dies.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 05:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
Why should women not have an equal opportunity to use their brains and skills? Why should women have to rely on men to support them? Why not the best man or woman be the victor. How does it benefit society when good women are kept bare foot and pregnant while even mediocre men take the best jobs? You need to move to the Middle East if you want to live in a world where men are given all the economic and social advantages. You would enjoy living in Afghanistan under the Taliban.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 05:27 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
They need to apply themselves and work harder
Well damn, thats what we should have told women two decades ago when the situation was reversed!

But we did not, and equality demands that men now get the same attention that women got when they were behind.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 05:37 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

They need to apply themselves and work harder.

it would be awesome if men would step up and work as hard as women do
Green Witch

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 05:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
Women can only beat men in business by being a lot better. You obviously have never worked in corporate America or you would know that. I worked on Wall St 2 decades ago and I saw some dumbass, lazy men get promoted over much smarter women just because they were men. I saw women having to work much harder and for much longer hours to get even the smallest raise or promotion. I know a brilliant woman, who was billing big bucks for her company, who was always asked to make the coffee for a room full of male colleagues just because she was the only woman present. And that was in 1988. You are clueless.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 05:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Well damn, thats what we should have told women two decades ago when the situation was reversed!

women were already working harder than men in the same jobs 30 and 40 years ago. the complaint was that the hard work wasn`t paying off. it still isn`t. men still get paid more than women for the same job. the gap on the income side is narrowing, but it`s still there.

part of the problem is that employers recognize they can get more work for less money when they hire women. women are by far a better value proposition for employers.

0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 06:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

But we did not, and equality demands that men now get the same attention that women got when they were behind.

It didn't matter how hard women worked, it was the Old Boys' Network that still exists to some degree. Men saw women at work as wives or sex objects - like GW and ehBeth have commented on - telling the women to make the coffee, feeling free making sexist jokes in front of them, pinching secretaries on the rear end, etc. I've worked with men who've looked me up and down like I was a piece of meat, but you know, I didn't whine, file a complaint, or go to the Ombudsman - just ignored the assholes and sucked it up.

The fact that some young men are having a tough time means they have to do what we did, 20 - 30 years ago - apply ourselves and work harder. It's do-able, so they should up and do it.

You really ought to quit whining - and instead of all this talk, talk, talk, why not go where the problem exists and help those young men out? You have an issue? DEAL WITH IT. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. As I said before, talk is cheap!
BillRM

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 06:50 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
It didn't matter how hard women worked, it was the Old Boys' Network that still exists to some degree. Men saw women at work as wives or sex objects - like GW and ehBeth have commented on - telling the women to make the coffee, feeling free making sexist jokes in front of them, pinching secretaries on the rear end, etc. I've worked with men who've looked me up and down like I was a piece of meat, but you know, I didn't whine, file a complaint, or go to the Ombudsman - just ignored the assholes and sucked it up.

My my what a low opinion this "lady" had of men.

Somehow I can not think of one of my fellow male co-workers who treated women in such a manner in my work place of 33 years.

We seem to had a lot of women men haters on this website that had an almost cartoon opinion of men.

Given that most women had one hell of a lot of tied in with men during all their lives it seem odds that this website had such a collection of men haters.

Green Witch

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 07:06 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Somehow I can not think of one of my fellow male co-workers who treated women in such a manner in my work place of 33 years.

What makes you think men who behave like this do so in front of other men? Most know better than to have witnesses. I've had my share of inappropriate comments and stares in my day, but I don't think the majority of them included more than the one man being present. I once had a male co-worker snap my bra strap against my back while on an elevator which he apparently thought was fun and flirty. His friend told him "to stop being an ass or I'll hold you down while she kicks you in nuts", which I thought was rather gallant of him in a crude sort of way. But mostly, like Mame, I've ignored any sexist behavior and just tried never to be alone again with the person. It would be a rare woman who has made it to middle age who has not experienced inappropriate remarks, leers and groping. Certainly not all men do this, but the ones who do make up for all the ones who don't.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 07:16 pm
@BillRM,
I don't hate men in spite of those experiences. It's not so cut and dried. I can differentiate a boor from a nice guy, you know. Not everyone's an asshole. I know that, and so do most women.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 10:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
I'm not dismissive of the status of young men... I'm dismissive of your panic about the status of young men.