A constitutional amendment barring gay marriage!!

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 02:47 pm
kjvtrue wrote:
"EWWE," that's Sick! This is why I'm against Homosexual Marriages, and rights, because it discriminate's Hederalsexuals. Their trying to this Nation Homosexual only.

Mystery solved, ebrown: they're hederal sexuals, meaning that they have an erotic fixation for ivy. Granted, I've heard some people referred to as "clinging vines," but I never realized that this kind of sexual perversion even existed. Kinda' makes you wonder what they're doing with their "green thumbs."

Well, I guess I'll never be able to look at the outfield wall at Wrigley Field the same way again.
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 02:54 pm
BoGoWo wrote:
while i voted "no" here (re: banning), i must add a caveat;

i think "all" marriage should be banned; so, i guess, that would include 'gay' attachments. (silly habit!)

On second thought perhaps we should ban only heterosexual liaisons, and solve the worlds 'overpopulation' crisis at the same time.

PD's and BoGoWo messages shos proof that Hederalsexual Marriages will be illegalized, if Homosexual Marriages get legalized. "People like you and PD will never win at turrning every single Hederasexual into Homosexual!"
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 02:58 pm
omigawd
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 02:59 pm
And, McGentrix, I believe marriage has longer been a legal union than it has been a religious affair.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:02 pm
Yeah, if you don't believe Whittlek, just get a divorce!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:03 pm
here's a link
History of Marriage
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:04 pm
{nodding at BrandX}
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:11 pm
littlek wrote:
And, McGentrix, I believe marriage has longer been a legal union than it has been a religious affair.

Then a civil union should prove more than adequate.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:16 pm
Sure, unless the people who want to marry are catholic.

here's another link
http://www.counterpunch.org/leupp12132003.html
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:22 pm
Then you think that the state should pass laws or otherwise force the Catholic church to recognize a homosexual marriage?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:23 pm
how about consitutional amendment banning the Catholic Church...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:24 pm
Actually, I don't really have any say on that. I am not catholic, I don't think the law should force the church to do anything that it doesn't want to do. For me, I just want there to be full benefits to gay couples under the law.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:25 pm
McGentrix,

I have no problem with the idea of Civil union.

I married my wife because I love her and wanted to make a profound commitment to her. This is between my wife and I.

The government and God can both butt out of this very personal commitment thank you very much.

However, since we took the trouble to fill out the necessary paperwork, my wife and I have certain legal privileges -- including the inheritance rights, and the power to make hopefully unnecessary, but very important medical decisions.

Homosexuals should have the same access to legal rights as heterosexuals (or hederal-sexuals for that matter). This seems to be mandated by the values of the US if not its Constitution.

Whether you call this marriage or not is not very important to me.

In the spiritual sense -- a deep commitment based on the love of two people -- there are many homosexual marriages already.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:25 pm
dyslexia wrote:
how about consitutional amendment banning the Catholic Church...

Now your talking!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:27 pm
PD is trying to make everyone homosexual? I thought that was Gautam?

McGentrix, so non-religious heterosexuals should be satisfied with a civil union too, right? My husband and I shouldn't have had the temerity to assume that we could get married just 'cause we, ya know, love each other and want to spend the rest of our lives together, seeing as how neither of us believe in God.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:30 pm
[Where did the delete button go? Wink ]
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:31 pm
sozobe wrote:
PD is trying to make everyone homosexual? I thought that was Gautam?

Nah babes, I love my girlfriends way too much - I need to leave something for them !!

Besides, some men are best left hetros <shivers>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:33 pm
{snort!}

Reading this thread is like watching a bad accident.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:34 pm
Speak of the prince!

Yeh, I know what you mean. Those are the ones that I'd love it if you could get them to see the light, ya know. But what an unpleasant chore for you -- wouldn't wish it on anyone.

(By the way, better correct the typo in your sig line -- hederalsexuals, Gautam, HEDERAL.)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:36 pm
Quote:
"seeing as how neither of us believe in God"
and the Damned Heathens should be banned as well~ Laughing
When Diane checked me into the Hospital (during my stroke) she said "I am his wife" they did not offer an argument or ask for verification...whew, when they asked me about religious affiliation, they said "we will just note "unaffiliated" I woke enough to say "Hell with that, put me down as ATHEIST"
0 Replies