A constitutional amendment barring gay marriage!!

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:29 pm
hobitbob wrote:
Littlek...you remain my hero. Very Happy

And you are one of mine!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:33 pm
We don't need another hero.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:35 pm
Too bad, you're another of my heros, pdog.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:36 pm
Now we've dropped to the level of discussing deli sandwiches?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:40 pm
I'm sorry, I needed some levity. I'll take it elsewhere.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:42 pm
Sure is a lot of thread vigilantism going on today . . . digress away, my children, your heavenly father has ordained it . . .
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:51 pm
Actualy, after living in Bawl'mer, I will have to go with calling them (obtained from Balwl'mer's northern, though certainly less violent cousin) hoagies (pronounced hyoow-gees). Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:53 pm
gee, I think glight was kidding..
or maybe not. But y'all mah heroes..
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:54 pm
Well lettuce be on our way. If you haven't cut the mustard in this debate and are really asking for bread on another site, you might find yourself in a pickle. Now all we're missing is the meat for a proper sandwich.

Well, and the tomato...unless Letty wants to volunteer to be the tomato.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 06:02 pm
Damn, i'm am gettin' so slow in my old age . . . i keep missin' things today:

kjvtrue

King James Version True . . . so i suspect Our Dear Christian Soldier is either saying that that particular translation of the bible is the true one, or that she is true to that version . . .

And that crack's me up, 'cause

[size=25]King James I, who commissioned the new translation, was homosexual . . . [/size]

Real life, ya can't make this stuff up ! ! !
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 06:06 pm
And a drooler! Wink
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 06:07 pm
I wonder if she's one of those people who, like Trent Lott, think that the people mentioned in the Bible spoke English? Shocked
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 06:07 pm
No, but they could make up King James I in the mode of the day (today, it would be considered almost high drag).
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 06:09 pm
I soo badly want a doublet I saw at Renn-fest this past summer. Black velvet, lace ruff....sigh! But $200.00 for a costume is a bit stiff ( Wink ) !
I'll stick with my monk's robe and big throbbing staff. Very Happy
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 06:10 pm
Meat for the sandwich?

Grist for the mill?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 06:11 pm
Not only that, Setanta...but that "new translation" was commissioned for precisely the same reason most of the later translations were...because the existing Bibles weren't in "the language of the people."

If kjvtrue wants to be truly authentic, she will have to learn Aramaic & Greek and read the oldest surviving texts. 'Course...those are locked up.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 06:19 pm
Sadly, Eva, most fundamentalists and charismatics eschew eduation--all they ever want to read is in the bible, and its in the vernacular translation approved by those who fleece their particular flock . . .

For any sceptics, here's the Britannia.com article on King James I & VI[/b][/color]

Britannia wrote:
James awarded over 200 peerages (landed titles) as, essentially, bribes designed to win loyalty, the most controversial of which was his creation of George Villiers (his closest advisor and homosexual partner) as Duke of Buckingham.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 06:22 pm
Well, they also had to edit out more of those absurd Old Testament passages which dealt with laws of nature the clerks, I mean clerics, of the day thought too absurd for the sensibilities of the day. Has much of humanity advanced intellectually past those dark and dank musty thoughts of that period? Hardly.

If someone does invent a time machine, I suggest these antique minds should hop aboard and join those of the past who are in agreement with their pinched brains. The Spanish Inquisition would be an ideal destinatiion.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 06:23 pm
No one would expect that...... Shocked
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 06:24 pm
I wanna know what you got against the Spanish . . .
0 Replies