Is sending messages considered harassment?

Setanta

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 10:20 am
I punched out my old man once. He was bullyragging my aunt, his sister, and it was about the most vicious example of emotional bullying i'd ever seen. I was only 14, but i was over six feet tall--he was only 5'9"--and even if he had been sober, i had the reach of him, he wouldn't have had a chance.

It was awful, one of the worst experiences of my life. I was almost physically ill after i drove him off (he was trying to get into her apartment). It was the death of any regard or respect for him. I can think of nothing worse that a child can do than to physically fight a father, even a stepfather. Hawkeye is not just a bullshit artist, he's a creep who shows a reckless disregard for the feelings of others.

You find a trustworthy adult friend, Travis, and keep out of the way of that creep as much as you can. It will be difficult, but in time, you'll be free.
TravisCQ

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 01:41 pm
@Setanta,
Thank you, I have been staying out of his way and this weekend I will be going to my aunts house to stay for a while.
Setanta

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 01:42 pm
@TravisCQ,
Good for you. Remember, it's not your fault, and it will be a long hard road, but you'll be free.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 09:32 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
It was awful, one of the worst experiences of my life. I was almost physically ill after i drove him off (he was trying to get into her apartment). It was the death of any regard or respect for him. I can think of nothing worse that a child can do than to physically fight a father, even a stepfather. Hawkeye is not just a bullshit artist, he's a creep who shows a reckless disregard for the feelings of others.
OK, so you are another one who has done it, and who found that it worked...that makes three....
Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 02:31 am
@hawkeye10,
No, it didn't work, jackass. It destroyed any relationship i had with him, and it thoroughly screwed up my attitudes toward authority for years. That caused me serious problems for years and years. What a fuckin' idiot you are.
msolga

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 02:45 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
No, it didn't work, jackass. It destroyed any relationship i had with him, and it thoroughly screwed up my attitudes toward authority for years. That caused me serious problems for years and years. What a fuckin' idiot you are.

That thumbs-down was from me, Setanta.
Without even seeing what the previous poster has said.

Is it remotely possibly for you to express your disagreement with what any poster has actually written here without resorting to pathetic name calling & put-downs?

I don't care personally what the "issue is" , but I object to your treatment of some posters here, whether I have any agreement with their particular perspective or not.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 02:47 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

That can happen....Robert has mentioned in the past relationship issues with his parents but I cant recall any detail. My dad was a changed man after, not perfect by any means but the physical abuse stopped.

One thing about my family in general that might have helped is that both sides of the family come from stout stock, where the tradition is you say what you mean and mean what you say and never forget that kin is forever so you will make it work. Disagreements and fights are a normal part of the day, but you WILL sit down to dinner together and you WILL be civil.
Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 03:05 am
@hawkeye10,
I don't give a rat's ass about your pathetic family life. You gave bullshit advice, and now you're attempting to pretend that it wasn't. Don't attempt to enlist my pesonal history in yet another of your flights of idiocy.
msolga

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 03:28 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
I don't give a rat's ass about your pathetic family life. You gave bullshit advice, and now you're attempting to pretend that it wasn't. Don't attempt to enlist my pesonal history in yet another of your flights of idiocy.

Well I don't give a rat's arse about your opinion, either.
But the point is: who judges what is good/bad/indifferent advice received on this site?
I think people can make up their own minds about that.Yes?

I sincerely hope you're not a moderator, Setanta, because all you have to offer seems to be abuse of posters you personally disagree with.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 03:42 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You have been in a particularly bad mood of late....does someone need to have a conversation with Beth about your nookie allowance??

So we disagree yet again....I am sticking with my position.
Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 03:46 am
@msolga,
I don't know what thumbs down you're talking about, because i don't vote on posts, and don't pay any attention to others when they do it. This must be another of your perfervid fantasies of adquacy.

It is clearly evident that you don't know what's going on in this thread. Go look at my response to your next load of vitriol.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 03:47 am
@msolga,
Got your panties in a permanent twist now, Miss Prissy School Marm? I was not the only one here to call bullshit for the advice he offered to this kid. Did you just drop in now, without reading the thread, to take a pot shot at me because you're still pissed about that other thread?

CalamityJane wrote:
Hah! That's a myth and aren't you a housefrau staying at home?
Your advice sucks big time and that's the only time where almost the entire forum at a2k agrees upon. If one person says you suck then you've got a chance that it is not true, if 100+ people think you suck then you suck!

So, you see, people do and have made up their minds, which you might have seen if you'd bothered to read the thread. Which, of course, means that i'm entitled to make up my mind, too, and to express that.
msolga

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 03:49 am
@hawkeye10,
I don't see any relevance, whatever, to what you've just said, hawkeye.

In fact you are being quite offensive & out of line now.

Can we just stick to the arguments, please?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 03:49 am
@hawkeye10,
No, i've not been in a bad mood lately. I've been contemptuous of you, Rapist Boy, since you first showed up at this site with your sick comments on rape, marital rape and age of consent laws--and i've told you so all along. Keep your filthy mind out of my personal relationship, you foul rapist manqué.

Stick with your position to your heart's content. It won't change the fact that it's bullshit advice. You're doing this kid no favors with your macho-man, trogloditic advice.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 04:00 am
@Setanta,
It is the way you treat people you disagree with that's offensive, Setanta.

Like calling someone: "Miss Prissy School Marm".

Rude & quite offensive.
Also, you haven't any clue at all about who you are dealing with.
You don't know me at all & I don't know you.
But you somehow think it's OK to make all sorts of assumptions which, for all you know, could be quite wrong.

Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 04:03 am
@msolga,
Oh, and the comments you've made about me, some stupid remark about off your face, and out of your tree, that was all sweetness and light? Sauce for the goose makes sauce for the gander. If you wade into a slug fest, don't whine about getting hit.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 04:22 am
@msolga,
He called me a clown. Imagine that, I like to think I'm the most serious poster on this forum, I was well upset I can tell you.
msolga

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 04:30 am
@Setanta,
Ah, but you seem to have suddenly forgotten the far more damning comments you made about me!
For having the temerity to support animal rights in Ohio.
Which apparently (according to you) was an anti-US attack !

I doubt I will ever forget your derogatory personal comments directed at me, Setanta.
They were very insulting.
There was absolutely no need for those comments to prove your "point", whatever your point actually was ....

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 04:34 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

He called me a clown. Imagine that, I like to think I'm the most serious poster on this forum, I was well upset I can tell you.

Indeed...and in that outfit anyone can tell you're extremely serious. What a cavalier insult! A person would have to be a roundhead to sit on their rump and call you a clown!
msolga

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 04:40 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

Well, goodness me, you probably said something to upset his view if how things should be!
So you probably deserved it!
Especially if you had the temerity to mention the US!
Go hang your head in shame, Izzy!
You were wrong, wrong, wrong!
Admit it & do penance.