I am SICK and TIRED of PEOPLE'S CRITICISM regarding my comics and other things

Ceili

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 10:17 pm
@JGoldman10,
I will never claim to be a christian if this is what it entails. You give all your so called brethren a bad name. I'd rather dance with the devil in the cold moonlight, than be compared to the hateful likes of you. Ass
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 10:18 pm
@Ceili,
I KNOW YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN - IT IS OBVIOUS. YOU GOT AGITATED WHEN I TRIED TO TALK ABOUT GOD AND THE BIBLE ONCE.

BUG THE HELL OFF, YOU UNCIRCUMSIZED PHILISTINE.
georgeob1

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 10:19 pm
@JGoldman10,
It appears to me that you really understand nothing at all of the real ideas and principles behind that Christianity about which you write so bombastically and at such length.
Ceili

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 10:20 pm
@JGoldman10,
You haven't a clue about anyone or anything. You dumb ****. Go bury your head in the sand, while your at it suffocate on your hateful ways.
georgeob1

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 10:21 pm
@Ceili,
I've decided I'm nicer than you. Wink
Ceili

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 10:25 pm
@georgeob1,
Probably! I've got an Irish temper. At this point I could care less whether I'm nice to this jerk-off or not.
I'm super nice in person... lol
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 10:26 pm
@Ceili,
Irish? I thought you were Asian! :::flee!:::

Ceili

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 10:28 pm
@Butrflynet,
Ha ha. Only an idiot would think that... I think I can smell one, can't you? lol
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 10:31 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

Probably! I've got an Irish temper. At this point I could care less whether I'm nice to this jerk-off or not.
I'm super nice in person... lol

My parents are from Clare and Waterford, so we're at least equal on that score. However, there is the Canadian factor to be considered (I've heard that all the polite and easy going ones for which they are noted are in Ottawa).
Ceili

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 10:43 pm
@georgeob1,
Mine are from Down and Wicklow, but we Canadian's are nice. Hell, it's what we are known for... But when necessary, we can be convinced to be otherwise.
georgeob1

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 10:51 pm
@Ceili,
Well I've detected lots of regional differences - just as here in the U.S. I'm usually a nice, easy going northern Californian ... except when I am not.

Anyway, we, at last, have found something to agree on.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 11:09 pm
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/7-effective-ways-to-deal-with-criticism.html

Quote:
Nobody likes being criticised but, unfortunately it is a fact of life. To be able to respond to criticism with nobility and detachment is an important life skill, which few people have. If we respond to criticism without careful consideration, it can easily lead to unnecessary suffering.

1. What Can I Learn from Criticism?

Most criticism is probably based, at least in part, on some truths. Criticism may appear negative. But, through criticism we have the opportunity to learn and improve from their suggestions.

2. Respond to the suggestions not the tone of the criticism.

The problem is that people may make valuable critical suggestions. However, there tone and style of criticism means that we respond not to the suggestions but remember there confrontational manner. In this respect we need to separate the criticism from the style of criticism. Even if people speak in a tone of anger, we should try to detach their emotion from the useful suggestions which lie underneath.

3. Value criticism.

The problems is that quite often, we only value praise. When people speak kind words we feel happy. When people criticize we feel miserable. However, if we only received insincere praise and false flattery, how would we ever make progress? If we wish to improve and develop we should invite constructive criticism and appreciate their suggestions.

4. Don’t take it personally.

This is often the biggest problem which occurs with regard to criticism. If I criticize my Mother’s cooking, she feels personally offended. But, it is a mistake to identify ourselves with an apple pie. Somebody may find good reasons why our cooking is bad; but, this does not mean they are criticising ourselves. When people criticise us directly, we should feel they are not criticising our real self; but, just an unillumined aspect of ourselves. When we criticise others, we are perhaps criticising their pride or jealousy; but, the jealousy is a mere passing emotion, it is not the real person.

5. Ignore False Criticism.

Sometimes we are criticised with no justification. This is a painful experience. But, potentially we can deal with it more easily than criticism which is justified. One option is to remain aloof and ignore it completely. We should feel that false criticism is as insignificant as an ant trying to harm an elephant. If we remain silent and detached the criticism is given no energy. If we feel the necessity of fighting it – in a way, we give it more importance than it deserves. By remaining silent we maintain a dignity that others will come to respect.

6. Don’t Respond Immediately

It is best to wait a little before responding. If we respond with feelings of anger or injured pride we will soon regret it. If we wait patiently it can enable us to reflect in a calmer way.

7. Smile

Smiling, even a false smile, can helps us to relax more. It creates a more positive vibration and smoothes the situation. It will definitely help psychologically. Smiling will motivate the other person to moderate their approach.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 11:10 pm
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/how-to-handle-criticism.html

Quote:
How to Handle Criticism

How well do you handle criticism? I’ve been dealt a lot of criticism ranging from harsh feedback to feeling completely insulted. Although the saying goes, “Stick and stones can break by bones, but words can never hurt me,” a harsh piece of feedback can definitely leave you with a bruised ego.

Despite the sting, I’ve found criticism can often be useful. Feedback can help you fix mistakes and improve. I believe criticism can often show you what your own blind spots are, pointing you out to problems before they arise. I’ve found my ability to use sometimes harsh feedback, has given me an advantage in my own self-improvement.

Brace for Impact – Managing Criticism is More Than a Platitude

If negative feedback can be useful, why does it make you feel lousy in the first place?

I don’t have a scientific answer for this, but I believe a lot of it has to do with our ancestors. Living in small groups of about a hundred people, becoming a social outcast could be a death sentence. So humans became sensitive to any threats on their status or social standing. Bullying still happens, but in today’s world, where you may be in a group of thousands, it is far easier to use feedback instead of automatically assuming it is a personal attack.

My point is that criticism will always feel lousy, and saying some inspirational quote probably won’t change this much. But just because it can feel bad, doesn’t mean you can’t use it.

Distinguish Between Feedback and Insults

You can’t use feedback if you can’t first distinguish it from insults. Sometimes the line that separates feedback from insults can be blurry, but I’ve found most people draw the line so that many pieces of useful feedback are labeled as insults.

Just because feedback is harsh, doesn’t mean it is an insult. An insult is a tactic of the other person to manipulate or bully you and doesn’t have anything to do with you. You have to handle insults differently than feedback, but the first step is to know where to draw the line.

You can’t be perfect in distinguishing between the two, but I’ve found it useful to ask what the intention was. Are they trying to help or communicating how they feel about you or your actions? Even if it was harsh that is probably just feedback. If it was only an attempt to manipulate you or others than it might be an insult.

How to Use Feedback

Once you’ve gotten over the initial sting of some harsh criticism, you need to ask yourself how you are going to use it. I’ve found that there are generally three options: learn, ignore or assert.

1) Learn

Was the feedback genuine and useful? If it is true, you can try to learn from it. I don’t choose whether to use feedback based on how harsh it was. The most negative feedback can often open you up to complete blind spots.

When I first started writing I had a few pieces of criticism that stung. But I decided to turn it into advice, and it helped me overcome a lot of my blind spots. Taking negative feedback and making a mental note of it to improve later can turn a harsh blow into a useful aid later on.

2) Ignore

Sometimes the feedback is genuine, but it isn’t useful. I’ve received a lot of advice in the form of criticism that may have been valid but I chose to ignore. Before I started my own personal development website over a year ago, I was told by some people that I shouldn’t do it. I considered that advice, but chose to ignore it.

Ignoring doesn’t mean you become defensive or hostile towards the other person. Sometimes all it requires is informing them that you simply believe they are wrong. If you become hostile towards someone who is trying to offer feedback, you can often stop them from giving you useful feedback later.

3) Assert

If you’ve decided you can’t learn from a piece of feedback, sometimes you need to assert yourself. If you are being manipulated or bullied by the other person, you need to stand your ground.

This is why it becomes important to draw the line between feedback and insults. Reacting defensively to feedback usually only serves to make you look insecure or can make the situation worse by damaging your relationship. But if the person is using criticism as an attempt to bully or manipulate, calmly asserting yourself can handle the situation.

Usually I find it is a matter of volume. If someone occasionally gives a piece of feedback that I don’t like and choose to ignore, going on the defensive can prevent you from getting useful feedback later. But for those people that are constantly criticizing when it isn’t helpful or polite, you have to be assertive.

I examine any feedback I get through these three filters. If I can use the feedback, I thank the other person for their input and start using it immediately. If I can’t use it, but the feedback was genuine, ignoring it and moving forward might be the best option. Finally if the feedback wasn’t genuine or it is being used to manipulate, I assert myself.

Notice how there isn’t a fourth option of, “quietly simmer and resent the comment.” It can be hard to know where to place feedback, but it needs to fit somewhere within the three. Reacting aggressively to helpful advice isn’t useful, but staying quiet in the face of a bully won’t work either.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 03:02 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Quite honestly, Izzy, I'm beginning to feel the same way about your posts in his threads.

Well maybe you don't find homophobia quite as abhorrant as I do.
Ragman

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 07:13 am
@izzythepush,
I seriously doubt that.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 01:26 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thank you for posting these two online articles, Butrflynet. Smile We can all benefit from reading them.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 11:44 am
People here have criticized me by claiming I was getting angry. There IS such a thing as RIGHTEOUS anger.

GOD HATES SIN AND EVIL AND CHRISTIANS ARE SUPPOSED TO HATE IT ALSO.

I am NOT going to compromise my beliefs as a CHRISTIAN and I REFUSE to.

JESUS got angry - he got MAD when HE HAD TO.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 11:47 am
@georgeob1,
Christians are NOT supposed to be TOLERANT of other people's RELIGIONS because they ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO RECOGNIZE ANY OTHER GODS.

Keith Moore said so.

I am NOT GOING TO CONDONE ANYTHING LIKE HOMOSEXUALITY and WITCHCRAFT because GOD CALLS THOSE THINGS ABOMINATIONS. LIKE I SAID IF GOD HATES IT I HATE IT ALSO.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 12:53 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

JESUS got angry - he got MAD when HE HAD TO.

When did Jesus get angry with homosexuals?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 03:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

People here have criticized me by claiming I was getting angry. There IS such a thing as RIGHTEOUS anger.

It is called righteous indignation in the Bible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Righteous_indignation
0 Replies