The American Government Fits Another Citizen for Terrorism Charges

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 03:00 am
Quote:
Rezwan Ferdaus was also charged with attempting to supply materials to al-Qaeda and aid attacks on US soldiers.

The Northeastern University physics graduate is accused of planning to commit "jihad" since early 2010.

Mr Ferdaus was arrested in Boston after an undercover investigation by the FBI.

Attack supplies
Announcing his arrest, the US Department of Justice described an elaborate operation over a period of months leading up to the arrest of Mr Ferdaus.

Authorities said he designed and supplied undercover operatives with a total of eight mobile phone detonators intended to be used by al-Qaeda operatives to set off bombs in the Middle East.

During a June 2011 meeting, Mr Ferdaus was told that his first phone detonation device had killed three US soldiers and injured four or five others in Iraq. "That was exactly what I wanted," he reportedly told the undercover agents.

Also during 2011, Mr Ferdaus began speaking to the agents about his desire to organise an attack on the Pentagon, home of the US military, and the Capitol building in Washington DC, seat of the US Congress.

Posing as accomplices, they then supplied him with C-4 explosives, a remote-controlled plane and arms.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15101449

In minutes you too can build your very own bomb detonator....be careful who you give it to though! And dont you just love how the government makes this out to be a big deal that he did a slight modification on some old cell phones that most any 9 year old could do if he cared to google instructions??

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-make-cell-phone-detonator-216491/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,285 • Replies: 43
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 03:56 am
@hawkeye10,
I ' ve gotta CONGRATULATE the g-men
for a job WELL DONE!

Keep up the good work, Gentlemen!

David
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 02:11 am
Quote:
These are not balsa-wood-and-rubber-band toys investigators are talking about. The FBI said Rezwan Ferdaus hoped to use military-jet replicas, 5 to 7 feet long, guided by GPS devices and capable of speeds over 100 mph.

Quote:
The model planes Ferdaus eyed were the F-4 Phantom and the F-86 Sabre, small-scale versions of military jets, investigators said. The F-4 is the more expensive of the two, at up to $20,000, Hahn said. The F-86, one of which Ferdaus actually obtained, costs $6,000 to $10,000 new.

AP LINK

I'd never heard of these types of RC planes before, but they sound cool. From the pictures on the TV news, I didn't see any propellers. Do they use miniature jet engines?

For what it's worth, the FBI press release too: LINK
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 02:29 am

Its interesting that the Moslem (purportedly) said that he is unable to stop.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 02:33 am

WHAT woud we do,
WHAT shoud we do, if large numbers of Moslems, in America
attempted to emulate or to exceed what thay did on 9/11/1 ???

There 'd be a lot of discussion
of our internment of the Japs in WWII.

David
wayne

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 02:33 am
@oralloy,
Apparently they really are a miniature jet turbine engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7zSB-c-Ibg&feature=player_detailpage
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 03:04 am
@wayne,
I wonder what the armorment was supposed to be....a couple 500 lbers maybe? Missiles? Just what is the carrying capacity of this aircraft anyways.....the article forgot to say. *sarcasm*
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 03:07 am
@hawkeye10,
I think thay said that it was going to be filled with C 4. *non-sarcasm*
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 03:15 am
@hawkeye10,
One article said about 2lbs, including the detonator, not a very serious threat.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 03:31 am
@wayne,
wayne wrote:
One article said about 2lbs, including the detonator, not a very serious threat.
In another century, I answered the mail for the Governor of NY.
Every day it was the same thing:
some perfectly reasonable mail from the citizens
asking the Governor to do one thing or another,
but we always also got a widely varied spectrum
of expressions of differing degrees of mental disorganization and incoherence.

People in poor states of mental health r out there.
( Yea, I know that some folks in this forum include me in that number. )
Fortunately, most of them don't buy planes to stuff with C 4.

David
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 03:35 am
@wayne,
wayne wrote:

he planned to use 5 lb of c4, but experts say that at most it might be able to carry 2 lb....if the gps is left off. Where does the governent come up with these whack jobs to fit with terrorism charges? You would think that they would be embarrised at the malarkey that they try to float as a "credible threat" but seems not. I am offended at how stupid my government thinks I am.
wayne

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 03:38 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes indeed, there are many people out there with varying degrees of mental and emotional problems.
Most of us are Lunatics in our own way, generally harmless lunatics though.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 03:41 am
@hawkeye10,
wayne wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:
he planned to use 5 lb of c4, but experts say that at most it might be able to carry 2 lb....if the gps is left off. Where does the governent come up with these whack jobs to fit with terrorism charges? You would think that they would be embarrised at the malarkey that they try to float as a "credible threat" but seems not. I am offended at how stupid my government thinks I am.
I DISAGREE, with great enthusiasm.
I don 't want 2 pounds of airborne C 4
falling on my car or on my real estate, on the way to its target.

David
wayne

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 03:42 am
@hawkeye10,
It's still a terrorist threat, lame as it is, the press blew it out of proportion though, as usual.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 03:44 am
@wayne,
wayne wrote:
Yes indeed, there are many people out there with varying degrees of mental and emotional problems.
Most of us are Lunatics in our own way, generally harmless lunatics though.
It is insightful of u to discern that.
A good friend of mine is a retired psychiatrist.
He 1ce said to me:
"David, anyone who u think is NOT crazy,
is just someone who u don 't know well enuf."

David
wayne

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 03:50 am
@OmSigDAVID,
It is the one's who believe they are not crazy who scare me.
We should all doubt our sanity, periodically, in order to remain sane.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 03:56 am
@wayne,
wayne wrote:

It's still a terrorist threat, lame as it is, the press blew it out of proportion though, as usual.
and the way these things usually go is that the alleged terrorists are spoon fed along by agents of the government....they find the most stupid people who will keep saying yes and then they arrest them claiming to have saved us from grave danger. I am so sick of this abusive song and dance, America has real problems to deal with, why is our government so bored that they need to conduct these diversions?When did the government setting up its intellectually challanged citizens for criminal charges become morally permisable?
wayne

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 04:12 am
@hawkeye10,
I agree with the spirit of your post, but, I don't believe this is more than an isolated defect in a human system.
By and large, government agents don't go around behaving as you portray them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 04:12 am
@wayne,
wayne wrote:
Apparently they really are a miniature jet turbine engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7zSB-c-Ibg&feature=player_detailpage

I can't download video (trapped on dialup), but I figured that might be the case because of the speed they are capable of, the price they cost, and the fact that I didn't see any propellers in the news photos.

I'm not really into radio control stuff, and it's way out of my "hobby price range", but they sound like really cool toys.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 09:56 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
internment of the Japs

Gee, a racist too, Om. Fits in well with your overall persona.