Online dating email conundrum after first date

VSK

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 01:48 am
Hello!

I just started online dating for the first time after ending a three year relationship a couple months ago.

I went on a date with a great guy 3 days ago. Right as the date ended he said he'd like to see me again and that he was busy working for the next four days so it would have to be after that. I'm an artist and he said he'd love to see my work online. I said i'd email him to my art online. When I got home that evening he had emailed me to thank me for the date and sent me his email address, we were messaging through a dating site. So I sent him a link to my website to see my art.

It's been three days and I haven't heard anything from him. I know he is busy but I'm just wondering if maybe he's not interested in me. I'm dating other guys so it's not that big a deal but I thought he was really great and would like to see him again. I emailed him last to my art website so I feel as if I should wait until he emails me back. How long should I give it before I give up?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 3,296 • Replies: 2
No top replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 02:09 am
He told you he couldn't do anything for at least four days, and it's only been three. You really shouldn't expect anything from him yet when he told you explicitly he wouldn't be able to respond. Give it a rest for awhile--don't assume it's just four days either, whatever he's working on might have taken longer--everything always does. As Murphy's Law says, "The first 95% of a project takes 90% of the time you've budgeted; the last 5% takes the other 90% of the time you've budgeted." And give him some time to unwind and get his life back together. Don't agonize over it or make any decision about what you think he's thinking until 7 or 8 days or so have gone by. THEN, if you haven;t heard anything, send him another email--,"hi, how ya doing, did your project go well? really enjoyed our time together, there's a movie I'd like to see/restaurant I'm dieing to try/ weather's great, want to go for a walk?" and see what happens.
VSK

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 12:07 pm
@MontereyJack,
Hey Thanks! Thats good advice. Essentially- Keep calm and Carry on:)
0 Replies