i was grounded by my mom

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 06:15 pm
look I want to report my mother to social services for child abuse for saying untrue things about me. first she never hits me. look me and my brother got into a food fight we threw ketchup around in McDonalds(he started it).my mom was going to buy us a game. my bro wanted something different. look i got mad and threw ketchup and it got on some people’s clothes and this ladies purse my mom had to pay 150 bucks for the clothes i ruined. .The manager came to the table yelled at us. when my mom came out of the bathroom. she saw what we did she wigged out on us and diss us in there called us a babies real loud told me and him we need go back to wearing diapers again and sit in a high chair. can I bring her up on charges for saying that to me ? even just to scare her. Its just no fair . she took away my x box and i pod i cant go out on the weekends now because of her. look I know im 16 years my bro is 13 years old but i have more legal rights then my mother on this im sure of it. Even the charges dont stick it would make her treat me better in the future by not calling me a baby right
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 3,013 • Replies: 7

Questioner

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 06:26 pm
@bambam5353,
This has got to be a joke.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 06:38 pm
@bambam5353,
I hope it is a joke. If not this poor mother deserves a medal for showing such restraint.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 06:44 pm
@bambam5353,
To answer the question (in case it is not a joke).

Everything your mother did is legal. Social services will laugh if you call them. They have real problems to deal with and kids who really need their help, not just kids who are upset because they can't do whatever they want.

The issue here is that you are not respecting or appreciating your parents who obviously are not perfect, but also obviously care enough to not have strangled you when you completely embarrassed them.

Look at it from your mothers point of view. It is not a good thing for kids to throw food at strangers. That isn't fair. I would be horrified if my kids did this. Any one of us would have done the same thing your mother did. You will do the same thing to your kids if they act this way.

Your parents not only have a right to ground you. They have a responsibility to ground you. You can't run around disrespecting everyone around you.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 08:14 pm
I would bet serious money it is a prank.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 10:04 am
@bambam5353,
I'd do a whole lot worse.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 10:12 am
@Linkat,
Even as bad as putting a prank on A2K ?
Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 10:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,