Do you believe the Native Americans to be savages?

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 02:09 am
@Lustig Andrei,
There is, however, a particularly strong political rectitude lobby for "Native Americans" and most of it's members are white and working in "Hollywood." That's where we get horseshit such as Dances with Wolves. By the way, i'm not even sure we can blame the Amerindians for this. They don't necessarily call themselves "native Americans" (most people at this site are native Americans), and the one big umbrella organization of the 1970s called itself AIM, the American Indian Movement. It all went terribly wrong somewhere and somewhen in the 70s. At this point, there seems no hope that anything approaching the truth about Amerindians and Americans of European descent will ever be again taught in schools.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 02:13 am
@Setanta,
Most people I've met whose heritage is indigenous to this continent seem to refer to themselves as 'Indians' quite cheerfully.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 02:45 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
At this point, there seems no hope that anything approaching the truth about Amerindians and Americans of European descent will ever be again taught in schools.
History in the schools became cooked when when promoting racial subculture self esteem became more important....when what is called history class became nothing more than a place to tell morality tales....The leaders of the church run universities in the dark ages I am sure looking down from the heavens with approval, as do those who run the madrassas which teach Wahhabism...
Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 03:20 am
@hawkeye10,
Oh bullshit. History was myth in American schools just as soon as printers in New England got into the text book business, at the beginning of the 19th century. Then we got all that Pilgrim Fathers bullshit, and the shot heard round the world, as though nothing of any note ever happened outside New England.

Don't try to piggy-back your horseshit political rhetoric on my posts, Chicken Little.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 03:22 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Yeah, i blame the Political Rectitude Gestapo for most of this horseshit, not the Indians. You get conservative PC fanatics from the right wing, too, like our buddy Chicken Little here.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 03:58 am
@mt774,
Quote:
Do you believe the Native Americans to be savages?

In other words, could Amerinds be compared to the palestinians?

The answer is no. There is no record of Amerinds using their own women and kids as human shields for terrorist activities. At their worst and least organized, Amerinds were true barbarians, at their best they had a civilization similar to those of the ancient near East three or four thousand years ago. There was never any group of them which anybody could call savages.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 04:49 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Most people I've met whose heritage is indigenous to this continent seem to refer to themselves as 'Indians' quite cheerfully.
That is very true.

David
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 12:26 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I was born in Queens County, New York; that makes me a Native American.

No, it does not, Om. It makes you a native American. Logic is really not your log suit, is it?

Quote:
I don 't believe myself to be a savage.

Oh, but you are most definitely a savage. You relish in the fact that you were able to help destroy people's lives based on rumor and innuendo. That makes you a savage without equal.

OmSigSavage: "I used to be a spy for the US HUAC against the commies."
JTT

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 12:28 pm
@mt774,
Quote:
Yeah but why so many Americans still respect him so?

Rank stupidity.
Mame

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 12:31 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

It was made at a time when America had some bigoted perceptions of other races.

Excuse me, but "HAD"?? Still has some, as does much of the rest of the world.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 01:05 pm
@mt774,
mt774 wrote:
Thomas Jefferson called them savages and Jefferson is who most Americans respect so why can he call them savage but old American westerns can't then?
Thay COUD and thay DID.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 01:11 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Yeah but why so many Americans still respect him so?
JTT wrote:
Rank stupidity.
J is a filthy commie.
His side LOST the 3rd World War.
Except for the fact that he is also insane,
with hopelessly disorganized thinking, his disapproval woud be an honor.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 01:20 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
I was born in Queens County, New York; that makes me a Native American.
JTT wrote:
No, it does not, Om. It makes you a native American. Logic is really not your log suit, is it?
U are disabled by your delusions and hopeless confusion
from judging anything.

Quote:
I don 't believe myself to be a savage.
JTT wrote:
Oh, but you are most definitely a savage.
You relish in the fact that you were able to help destroy people's lives based on rumor and innuendo.
I am very, very pleased about any harm that I was able to inflict upon commies.
I really LOVED IT, when we electrocuted the Rosenbergs in 1953.
My efforts had nothing to do with "rumor and innuendo".
I saw and I heard what the commies had to say.

JTT wrote:
That makes you a savage without equal.
Foolishness; u know not how to use English words, nor their definitions.

JTT wrote:
OmSigSavage: "I used to be a spy for the US HUAC against the commies."
That fact pleases me.
I look back upon it with delight.

David
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 01:22 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
"with hopelessly disorganized thinking"

be careful with those big rocks around your glass house, dave...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 01:27 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
"with hopelessly disorganized thinking"

be careful with those big rocks around your glass house, dave...
Rocky, if u think that I have made errors of organization,
u r more than welcome to challenge me upon the specifics thereof.

I stand by what I 've said,
but I have an open mind.
If u show me error then I will adjust accordingly, if u convince me of it.

David
Rockhead

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 01:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I'm not in the business of editing other folks thoughts dave.

feel free to steamroll forward as always...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 01:30 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

U don 't have to,
but that 's hitting below the belt; cheating.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 05:51 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

U stimulated my curiosity in regard to whether there was an (undetected) flaw
in my reasoning. From your post, it appears that either u or I
have fallen into error.

David
Rockhead

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 12:55 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I'm never wrong, dave. for what it's worth...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 01:19 pm
I think a much more apt question would be,

Do you believe native Americans to be savages?

Quote:
Well, if I were to write a book called The American Empire for Dummies, page one would say: Don't ever look for the moral factor. US foreign policy has no moral factor built into its DNA. Clear your mind of that baggage which only gets in the way of seeing beyond the clichés and the platitudes. I know it's not easy for most Americans to take what I say at face value. It's not easy to swallow my message. They see our leaders on TV and their photos in the press, they see them smiling or laughing, telling jokes; see them with their families, hear them speak of God and love, of peace and law, of democracy and freedom, of human rights and justice and even baseball ... How can such people be moral monsters, how can they be called immoral? They have names like George and Dick and Donald, not a single Mohammed or Abdullah in the bunch. And they even speak English. Well, George almost does. People named Mohammed or Abdullah cut off arms or legs as punishment for theft. We know that that's horrible. We're too civilized for that. But people named George and Dick and Donald drop cluster bombs on cities and villages, and the many unexploded ones become land mines, and before very long a child picks one up or steps on one of them and loses an arm or leg, or both arms or both legs, and sometimes their eyesight. And the cluster bombs which actually explode do their own kind of horror. But our leaders are perhaps not so much immoral as they are amoral. It's not that they take pleasure in causing so much death and suffering. It's that they just don't care ... if that's a distinction worth making. As long as the death and suffering advance the agenda of the Empire, as long as the right people and the right corporations gain wealth and power and privilege and prestige, as long as the death and suffering aren't happening to them or people close to them ... then they just don't care about it happening to other people, including the American soldiers whom they throw into wars and who come home - the ones who make it back - with Agent Orange or Gulf War Syndrome eating away at their bodies. Our leaders would not be in the positions they hold if they were bothered by such things. It must be great fun to be one of the leaders of an empire, glorious in fact ... intoxicating ... the feeling that you can do whatever you want to whomever you want for as long as you want for any reason you care to give ... because you have the power ... for theirs is the power and the glory.

So that's how people who are wedded to American foreign policy are able to live with it - they conclude, and proclaim, and may even believe, that our foreign policy is a benevolent force, an enlightened empire, bringing order, prosperity and civilized behavior to all parts of the globe, and if we're forced to go to war we conduct a humanitarian war. Well, inasmuch as I've devoted much of my adult life to documenting in minute detail the exact opposite, to showing the remarkable cruelty and horrific effects of US interventions on people in every corner of the world, you can understand, I think, that my reaction to such claims is ... Huh?

[For more, see]

http://able2know.org/topic/178150-1

0 Replies