Has anyone tried an e-cigarette?

roger

Tue 27 Mar, 2012 10:26 pm
@jcboy,
That might keep him occupied for a little while, but it won't last.
bulldogcoma

Fri 30 Mar, 2012 12:10 am
@chai2,
Yes and it gave me an asthma attack.
jcboy

Fri 30 Mar, 2012 04:06 pm
@roger,
hehe, well he made it the entire week without a cigarette. I'm not allowed to call him but he sent me a text and said Day 5. Cool
0 Replies

chai2

Fri 30 Mar, 2012 05:50 pm
@bulldogcoma,
bulldogcoma wrote:

Yes and it gave me an asthma attack.

Really?!

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that, truly.
bulldogcoma

Fri 30 Mar, 2012 08:06 pm
@chai2,
Thank you very much =] but it was my own fault, although I was under the impression that it contained only 'vapor', but I suppose any foreign substance entering the lungs can be an irritant and a trigger.
demonhunter

Fri 30 Mar, 2012 10:51 pm
@bulldogcoma,
that was troll B.O. you were breathing.
0 Replies

jcboy

Fri 11 Jan, 2013 05:14 am
@chai2,
Is Wally still smoke free?

A friend of mine quit on New Years day, he’s on the patch but he said it gives him strange nightmares and he take it off before going to bed! I can’t even talk to him on the phone, he’s such a bear since he quit, he’ll bite my head off!
chai2

Fri 11 Jan, 2013 07:18 am
@jcboy,
Good Morning Morgan.

Yes he is.

It's funny you should mention this. Thinking about it, I haven't even seen him smoking one of the e-cigs lately.

He just came back from a week in Illinois, and while there he picked up that nasty chest cold/cough thing going around (he's on antibiotics)

He just left the house, definately not smoking real cigs, I'd smell that 5 miles away, but he also wasn't smoking the e-cig either. I'll have to ask him if he's weaning off of that.

Like I've said before, I think a big part of it is you can continue to get all the "benefits" of why you smoke, i.e. holding a cigarette, seeing the "smoke" the taste, the nicotine....but without the 100,000 other chemicals.
0 Replies

KellyLewis

Wed 17 Sep, 2014 11:08 pm
@chai2,
No, i have never tried. But I have heard that these are quite benevolent in quitting smoking and are quite health alternatives.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 18 Sep, 2014 12:28 am
Nope, I dont think they would be a reasonable replacement for cigars. If I smoked cigs I might try then, but my first impression of people who smoke e-cigs is that they are wimps. I think they should man up and get a real cig. Or put their big girl panties on in the case of women.
aalanasmith

Fri 19 Sep, 2014 11:58 pm
@chai2,
I have never tried, but I have heard that these are healthy and safe alternative of traditional smoking products and also quite benevolent in quitting smoking.
roger

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 12:00 am
@aalanasmith,
Safer
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 12:03 am
@aalanasmith,
They are not healthy and safe. This would be the propaganda being used to deter the product from failing in the course of health benefits. E-cigarettes fall under the same category as man-made medicine, diet soda, hydro-fracking, student loans...
hawkeye10

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 12:21 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
E-cigarettes fall under the same category as man-made medicine, diet soda, hydro-fracking, student loans...

all of which we cant do without.

Argument FAIL.
One Eyed Mind

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 12:29 am
@hawkeye10,
You were deceived by your society. Everything on this planet was fundamentally intended for natural purposes. All things man-made have failed us on the inside and merely entertained us on the outside.
hawkeye10

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 01:14 am
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

You were deceived by your society. Everything on this planet was fundamentally intended for natural purposes. All things man-made have failed us on the inside and merely entertained us on the outside.

98% of the species human is on this planet only because of because of man created things. We might still blow ourselves up or kill most of us off but we have done this, nobody can take this accomplishment away.

You are an idiot. You also are one of the most human hating people I have come across which is saying something because I have met more than a few who avoid other humans at all cost, others who save all of their love for the animals.
One Eyed Mind

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 01:20 am
@hawkeye10,
On a higher level of thinking, 100% of the things we create aren't man-made; people just forget that everything belongs to the Universe. Children do the same thing; they forget everything belongs to their parents, whereas their parents forget everything belongs to the Universe. The government, too, forgets everything belongs to the Universe. You can only use or misuse what already "is". The list of things I wrote earlier are being misused.
hawkeye10

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 01:34 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Blah blah blah, we have heard the same argument for hundreds of years as the Christians claimed that everything here is the result of GOD, but when asked how this stuff would have gotten here if men were not around to do the work they had no answer.
One Eyed Mind

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 01:50 am
@hawkeye10,
The human washes its hands like a fly. The human contains photo receptors in their eyes which emerged in space billions of years ago before stars came to life. Our emotions are based on the colors of the electromagnetic waves that create the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, dark blue and purple). Our planet's core is red, orange, yellow; outside the core is green, blue and dark blue; outside the entire planet is purple. The entire Universe's design is there for all to see, but not everyone knows how to see with their brain, only their eyes; people's eyes deceive them, when their brain is left behind. There is nothing about us that is unique. Every part of the human body was created and had already existed before humans were born, much like the birds and dogs today were created based on a creature that lived millions of years ago, called a dinosaur. The Universe is recreating itself in different forms. We are those different forms. We're living on a conscious level. We do not know anything about our own brain and heart, while they function on a subconscious level. We have no control over the clock work; only can we observe it and confuse it by misusing it.

Most importantly our heart's chamber development contains four stages: the first stage resembles the fish heart; the second stage resembles the frog heart; the third stage resembles the turtle heart... The Universe based our creation on sea creatures because everything originated from the sea; the sea originated from space. Our eyes are based on the Universe's galaxies; our neurons are based on space matter; our genitals are based on the star's explosion (male) and the black hole's absorption (female); our lungs and neurons are based on plant root and plant mixed with electricity design; our brain is based on a mushroom; our experience is based on the jellyfish; our fingers are based on a young mushroom family: http://snag.gy/BCHFK.jpg . You cannot make sense of the correlations between fingers and mushrooms until you return the human to a time when it walked on all fours - now the fingers are on the ground where mushrooms are. The mushroom is connected to the rest of the forest channel; the fingers are connected to the rest of the body. The jellyfish looks like a mushroom. Everything is beyond our own question. In plain sight.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 03:33 am
@hawkeye10,
I was reading an article today. Again, they don't have enough stats on E-Cigs whether they are safe or not. But, those that have successfully quit in stats are those that went cold turkey, even if they failed at first.

But, you do realise it's worse than heroine as addictions go... 10 days is not long but seems like a lifetime for smokers.
0 Replies