Has anyone tried an e-cigarette?

shewolfnm

Wed 2 Nov, 2011 08:46 pm
i just told my mom about them.

Im going to get her a package and send it to her when she moves to NM this week. She has terrible breathing problems having smoked majority of her life. These will not fix that, but they will stop adding TO her breathing issues.. I hope..
JessieFitton

Thu 3 Nov, 2011 01:01 am
@chai2,
it so intersting i want to know it satisfied as normal cigarette..
roger

Thu 3 Nov, 2011 01:42 am
@JessieFitton,
And the cost.
Rockhead

Thu 3 Nov, 2011 01:50 am
@shewolfnm,
does she have any thc oil?

http://www.marijuana.com/homemade-paraphernalia/142496-e-joint-whole-process.html
roger

Thu 3 Nov, 2011 02:40 am
@Rockhead,
Sounds like what happened with an old cigarette substitute from 25 years ago. Someone decided it could be used as a drug delivery system and got it pulled off the market.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Thu 3 Nov, 2011 06:30 am
@roger,
i can find the entire thing for less than 20.00
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Thu 3 Nov, 2011 06:32 am
@Rockhead,

oh dear god dont show my mom that.

her retirement plan is to move to Jamaica, hire some guys to maker her a grass hut

smoke it

make another

smoke it

( repeat)
Mame

Thu 3 Nov, 2011 07:24 am
@shewolfnm,
My BIL would love that plan.
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 3 Nov, 2011 11:12 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

And the cost.

Cheaper than regular cigarettes, although you do need to buy the starter kit (I'll list below what that includes), but still overall cheaper than real smokes.

shewolf, I don't know what you mean when you say you can get everything for $20. What are you getting for that exactly?

Anyway, where I'm buying from is Pro Smoke.

The BASIC starter kit is $60. For that you get:
2 lithium batteries
1 atomizer (what makes the "smoke")
1 wall charger
1 USP charger
1 Pack of flavor cartridges (where the nicotine is) the pack includes 5 cartridges.
1 cigarette box

The SUPER starter kit is $95.
That includes all the above, expect you get to pick 4 packs of flavor cartridges (16 in total), so you can experiment with different flavors.
Also included is a carrying case. I have no idea what the difference between the carrying case and cigarette box is.
Wally just carries it in his shirt or vest pocket.

The DELUXE is is the above, but instead you get a case that can charge your cigarette while you are "on the go" Laughing

ok, IMO, the charging case, cigarette case is BS.

What you really end up needing to start out is:

Battery - $13
Atomizer - $13
Wall/USB charger - $13
Flavor cartidge - $9 per pack (5 in each)
So like a total of $50.

I read that EACH of those 5 is supposed to be like an entire pack of smokes, but I don't know about that. I'm guessing the 5 of them are more like 2 or 2.5 packs, realistically. So like a $4.50 pack of smokes.

You're going to want to get a spare battery so one is charging and you're using the other during the day and a spare atomizer. You can rinse out the atomizer, and you should if you're using different flavors. They should last a long time, but you'll need a spare for when it finally goes out.

The flavor cartridges come in
28 mg
25 mg
18 mg
9 mg
0 mg (just for flavor, no nicotine)

Yeah, there's shipping, but it's not much. On the initial order you get a $10 rebate, if you want it credited to you paypal account. When I placed the 2nd order, I found a coupon code for 10% off, which basically paid for shipping.

If I had to go back and start again, I'd just go a la carte and spend the $50 to get started, but order a few different flavors at $9 a pop to see what what the best flavor.

chai2

Thu 3 Nov, 2011 11:24 am
@chai2,
I just asked Wally, he said one of the 5 cartridges that comes in a pack lasts about 3 days. So yeah, the $9 pack lasts 2 weeks.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Thu 3 Nov, 2011 12:36 pm
Thor finds the starter kits for 29.99.

he just got several for his crew at work. Apparently they can not be legally far enough away from the current plane construction given their work environment to actually SMOKE.. so he got them those to use at work.
0 Replies

stevejoung

Mon 14 Nov, 2011 06:39 am
@chai2,
I have tried, but it doesn't give so much pleasure as normal cigarette. Sad but true.
chai2

Mon 14 Nov, 2011 08:16 am
@stevejoung,
Well, it's all about not depriving ourselves of the least amount of pleasure, isn't it?
roger

Mon 14 Nov, 2011 03:42 pm
@chai2,
No, but it's still useful information.
chai2

Mon 14 Nov, 2011 08:11 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

No, but it's still useful information.

But that's an opinion roger, not information.

I could respond with my husband and the person who recommended them find them just as enjoyable as cigarettes.
roger

Tue 15 Nov, 2011 12:02 am
@chai2,
I could say if someone states their reaction to something - anything, that is not an opinion. If the same person tells me how I will react, that is an opinion.

I don't like turnips. Fact.

You won't like them, either. Opinion.

I appreciate your information too, chai.
0 Replies

Kimaya

Sat 19 Nov, 2011 02:21 am
@chai2,
I not tried any cigarette and can i ask why you wanna try, its e-cigarette or any other its harmful for health.
chai2

Sat 19 Nov, 2011 08:39 am
@Kimaya,
Kimaya wrote:

I not tried any cigarette and can i ask why you wanna try, its e-cigarette or any other its harmful for health.

How about if you read past the first post, then you'll find out.
jcboy

Sun 20 Nov, 2011 01:29 pm
@chai2,
They are getting more popular. Lately I’ve noticed people using them, you can’t actually tell until you see them smoking in a restaurant. I saw a guy just last week when I was having lunch smoking inside. Hey if they work more power to them!
0 Replies

chai2

Sun 5 Feb, 2012 10:11 am
@chai2,
Update.

Looking at my original post, it's been 4.5 months since he started using the e-cig.

He quickly cut down from the highest level of nicotine, to the next to lowest (12 mg, the lowest is 8) and thoroughly enjoys it.

A couple of weeks ago, his charger went out, so even though I'm sure it's under some kind of warranty, it's only about $13, so we just ordered a new one.
Until it arrived, he bought a non-rechargable e-cig from a convenience store, for about 10 bucks.
I don't think there was much choice as far as nicotine levels, flavor etc. He just grabbed what was available.

He was really glad when the new charger arrived. He said "This disposable one was ok, but it was a little harsh on the throat, and didn't have the vanilla flavor I like"

I think if he took a drag off a real cigarette now, he'd find it harsh, stinky and gross.

For any smokers out there looking to cut out the tobacco and high price, it looks like there is a good alternative.
If a 40 plus year Camel no filter smoker is happy, well, what can I say?