GracieGirl

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 08:27 pm
@Roberta,
Hi Roberta! Smile
Yeah I know. They're all gonna be hidden except for the one on my wrist but its gonna be small. Like a star or something. The one thats gonna be on my lower belly's gonna be hidden, the one on my lower backs gonna be hidden and I can hide the one on the back of my neck with my hair.
But still. So what if tattoos show on job interviews? My dad always says the same thing and I think its soo unfair that job people wont give you a job if you have tattoos or piercings. I mean, what does that have to do with peoples ability to work? Nothing! Not fair.
MontereyJack

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 08:32 pm
business is, unfortunately, not fair. your dad is right, it's not good for career advancement, but when businesses get forty or fifty or a hundred and fifty applicants for every job, they can be choosy. and you are gonna have it for sixty or senenty years. picture your grandmother with your tattoo. does that work?
GracieGirl

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 08:35 pm
@JTT,
What?! Laughing
Dude, that's soo NOT lame! Tattoos of Chinese letters are pretty freaking awesome actually!

And its not gonna be 'Gracie'. Gracie is my nickname. My middle name is Grace and there's totally a word or symbols for Grace in Chinese, so there! Razz

Goorayshi?! Hahahaha! Laughing Honestly, I don't really care how its pronounced, I just want the tattoo.
GracieGirl

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 08:44 pm
@CalamityJane,
Well, sure you can Momma CJ. My friend Becky has a tattoo on her ankle and shes 16. Confused

Ya know, you always say 'when Jane was younger she wanted this, or she felt blah blah blah, now shes 16 and she feels completely different or she doesn't want that anymore' and I kinda wonder sometimes...when I get older do you think I'll be really different? Like, are you kinda the same as you were when you were younger?
GracieGirl

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 08:46 pm
@jcboy,
But jcboy, its really not that big a deal. Why wait soo long? You'll be 38 in 10 years! As old as my dad! Shocked
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 08:51 pm
@MontereyJack,
Eww...

Well my grandmas covered up most of the time. I mean, its not like she walks around her house in a bikini. For all I know she could have a tattoo. All the tattoos I want can easily be covered up by clothes and hair anyway.

And job people suck.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 09:00 pm
I heard about someone who went to get a tattoo in Chinese. The tattoo guy didn't know what whatever she wanted was in Chinese characters. He did, however, have a takeout menu from a Chinese restaurant. He used that. He told her it was what she wanted, but what it REALLY says is "wonton soup". People who know Chinese characters snicker when they see her forearm.
CalamityJane

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 09:03 pm
@GracieGirl,
Gracie, from age 14 to 16 there is really a big difference and I am always saying it to you, because Jane thought exactly like you do and she said so many things that are identical to your statements. I know for sure that in 2 years time you'll think differently Very Happy

I want you to come back when you're 16 years old and re-read some of your posts and then you'll tell me that I am right Wink
JTT

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 09:07 pm
@GracieGirl,
Quote:
Tattoos of Chinese letters are pretty freaking awesome actually!

They are, GG, but not as art on one's body.

You're not wearing the same fashions you wore as a 10 year old. What makes you think that these things will be any different, GG?

If you want to put something this permanent on your body, consider that right now you are defending such a permanence by suggesting that it can be conveniently hidden.

I know that they're super hot right now, but super hot in the fashion world can become so yesterday like tomorrow.
GracieGirl

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 09:38 pm
@MontereyJack,
Well, I could just Google the symbol for Grace in Chinese, print it out and be like, Hi tattoo artist guy! I want this: 恩典

Thanks for the heads up. Mr. Green
JTT

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 09:40 pm
@GracieGirl,
I've seen Google translations. Trust me, GG, you don't want to trust them.
Rockhead

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 09:41 pm
@GracieGirl,
Georgius will be by at some point to explain why that might not be the best idea, Gracie...

it would be terrible if you accidentally got the wrong symbol...

some day some nice chinese person might ask you why you have "turtle butt" or somesuch craziness for a tattoo.

Google lies...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 09:44 pm
@GracieGirl,
I have a tattoo, so I'm not saying don't get one.

I'm saying make sure it is what you think it is, and that 30 years from now you will still like it.

my gram likes mine, and I would get it all over again, but I thought about it for a year or so, and brought my own artwork.

you gotta long time to fill up the canvas, don't get in a big rush.

(and it's better than a tongue ring)
GracieGirl

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 09:45 pm
@CalamityJane,
Haha! Well I hope I'm not 'that' different. I kinda like who I am now and I don't really want anything to change. Except when I'm 16 I wanna be taller, and prettier, and smarter and have a boyfriend! Very Happy

Whaddya mean come back? I'll be here forrrevverrrr! You guys cant get rid of me! Razz We'll see in 2 years Momma CJ! Mr. Green
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 09:58 pm
@JTT,
They are too JTT!!
It it is different. Tattoos and clothes aren't the same. With clothes you follow trends. Tattoos are more personal. I love tattoos and I think Chinese and Japanese writings are interesting and they look cool. So, I want a tattoo with Chinese letters.

And I don't want them to be hidden but i don't have a choice. People judge and I'm being smart about it. Like you guys said, who's gonna wanna hire someone with tons of tattoos? People with tattoos are stereotyped. But I'm not gonna just not get them because other people don't like it. I'll compromise and keep them covered.
GracieGirl

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 10:02 pm
@JTT,
Well yeah, but I saw tons of diff sites on Google about the translation of Grace in Chinese and there's tons of different meanings and ways to say Grace in Chinese. The ones I saw on diff websites were pretty similar to that so I figured it was right. But its not like I'm getting the tattoo tommorow. I have plenty of time to research and make sure its right and its what I want. I'm not stupid guys. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 10:07 pm
@Rockhead,
Haha! Yeah tongue rings are gross. I'm getting a nose ring and belly button ring though. You know what else is gross?! Gages! Eww..

I know, I know! You guys love to lecture. Laughing

What's your tattoo? How bad did it hurt?
JTT

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 10:07 pm
@GracieGirl,
Quote:
Tattoos and clothes aren't the same.

You're right, GG. You can take clothes off and give them to second hand stores.

Tattoos are certainly more personal but they are as trendy as clothes.

But I'm done, GG. I've offered my opinions but they are just that. It's entirely up to you - in a few years. Smile
ossobuco

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 10:10 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead's tattoo is well fine.

I have trouble with some others, which are none of my business in the first place.

Art in my hallway - horse paintings - are by a tattoo artist from Mongolia. I hope he's doing ok. He keeps coming up online on yahoo.com as my yahoo contacts are where I keep his name as I haven't memorized it. He is likely very confused if he ever sees my name.

I agree with the thirty year test.

GracieGirl

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 10:10 pm
@JTT,
Thank you!
And my tattoos will be awesome! You'll see!! Very Happy
0 Replies