Ragman

Tue 1 May, 2012 09:13 am
@MontereyJack,
I agree. The ears, side of the nose...are fine. Eyebrow? It's confusing to me as to why but it's acceptable. Any that are above upper or lower lip area, lips, etc...not good. Tongue? The possibility of getting an infection is massive. Talk to someone that has it done as to how often it gets infected.

Of course, I am keeping mind that Gracie is only talking about a nose ring that is on the side of the nostril. Right?
firefly

Wed 2 May, 2012 10:26 pm
@Ragman,
I thought Gracie wanted a small diamond stud in her nose, not a nose ring.

Personally, I think she should opt for diamond stud earrings instead.

Eva

Wed 2 May, 2012 11:08 pm
@firefly,
It did sound more like she wanted a diamond stud, not a nose ring.

But that confused me. She also posted that she doesn't like her nose. (From the pictures she's posted, I cannot for the life of me imagine why! It looks perfect!) But why would anyone who doesn't like their nose do something that would so obviously draw attention to it?
0 Replies

Roberta

Thu 3 May, 2012 12:46 am
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

Hi Roberta! Smile
Yeah I know. They're all gonna be hidden except for the one on my wrist but its gonna be small. Like a star or something. The one thats gonna be on my lower belly's gonna be hidden, the one on my lower backs gonna be hidden and I can hide the one on the back of my neck with my hair.
But still. So what if tattoos show on job interviews? My dad always says the same thing and I think its soo unfair that job people wont give you a job if you have tattoos or piercings. I mean, what does that have to do with peoples ability to work? Nothing! Not fair.

Gracie, I'm wondering why you say that something isn't fair frequenlty when you disagree with it. Especially when lots of people here keep telling you that life isn't fair. It ain't.

A tattoo or an unusual piercing probably doesn't interfere with a person's ability to work. But do these things reflect on a person's judgment? Mebbe. I'm speaking as someone who used to work for a big corporation. I hired people. Never saw a tattoo on the people I was interviewing. Would it have influenced my decision? Mebbe.

Not just because I was sitting across from someone who paid money to have a picture or some kind of text injected into their skin with needles (judgment)--on somewhere that was visible. But also because my staff traveled around the country. I had to be concerned that a visible tattoo might be considered "unorthodox" in some places.

You are a very good kid. Sometimes I wanna give you a squooge--because you are a good kid. And sometimes I wanna give you a squooge because you don't listen.

I hope to meet you someday in person. I would give you a squooge. And that would be for the former reason, not the latter.

Ragman

Thu 3 May, 2012 02:30 am
@Roberta,
what she (you) said!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 3 May, 2012 02:36 am
@Roberta,
Dara O Briain sums up the tattoo debate brilliantly.

firefly

Sun 6 May, 2012 08:04 pm
@izzythepush,
He sure does. Laughing
izzythepush

Mon 7 May, 2012 02:54 am
@firefly,
What put me off having a tattoo was a programme called Police 5 that was on when I was a kid. It was one of the first types of Crimewatch type programme. Almost all the wanted criminals had tattoos, and I can remember thinking I bet he regrets having that done.

0 Replies

GracieGirl

Thu 10 May, 2012 03:29 pm
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3tcjxKK9W1qersr0o1_500.jpg
sozobe

Thu 10 May, 2012 03:58 pm
@GracieGirl,
Yeah, I like that one!
Lustig Andrei

Thu 10 May, 2012 04:00 pm
@GracieGirl,
Real good, Gracie. Great, in fact.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Thu 10 May, 2012 04:07 pm
@sozobe,
Mr. Green

Yup me too! I put it on facebook.

"I really wish people would stop being soo stupid about this. If 2 people love each other and they wanna get married, then they should be able to get married. Period. I mean, helllloooo, whatever happened to EQUAL RIGHTS? And if your a Christian or Republican or just a random person and you dont agree with gay marriage, fine. You dont have to like it and you dont have to agree, but it would be nice if you'd shut up about it and stop forcing your beliefs on everyone else. Its not like someone's forcing YOU into a gay marriage, so why do you care? Get over it and let people live their lives how they want. Its none of your business anyway."
11 minutes ago ยท Like

That's how I feel about the whole thing. We were talking about this alot in history class today. Most people where I live are against gay marriage (even the teachers!!!) because of religious stuff and whatever. Its really annoying. One of the reasons why I really hate this town.
Atheist + Cool with gay marriage= Outcast *sigh*
sozobe

Thu 10 May, 2012 04:10 pm
@GracieGirl,
Yeah, that's where I saw it first (FB).

I like what you have to say about disapproving of gay marriage vs. forcing that disapproval on others.

I'm less surprised that the teachers are anti-gay-marriage than the students. Are most of the kids you know anti-gay-marriage, too?

Is your town pretty small?
GracieGirl

Thu 10 May, 2012 04:19 pm
@sozobe,
Its smallish. Like, I've known most of the people in my school since I moved here. My friends are mostly like "Its wrong, its weird etc." But the teachers and grown ups are like, "If my kid told me he/she were gay I'd disown them, its a sin, marriage should be between man and woman, blah blah blah." My dad says its because people here are super religious and bigoted and stuff. There's like a church on ever street hear. Thats why most of my friends dont know Im athiest. They'd probably try to burn my house down or something, lol. Everyone's soo judgemental and stupid. There's not much racism (I think) but they're really mean about being gay and stuff.
sozobe

Thu 10 May, 2012 04:20 pm
@GracieGirl,
Aw. That sucks. Good for you for figuring things out for yourself in that sort of context.
GracieGirl

Thu 10 May, 2012 04:23 pm
@sozobe,
Yeah it does.
Thanks sozobe! Smile
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 10 May, 2012 05:00 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

"If my kid told me he/she were gay I'd disown them,

This is to the person you looked at when they were born and said "I'll love you forever, no matter what."

Also, don't people realize that you're the exact same person you were 5 minutes before you told them, and everthing was fine?

Roberta

Thu 10 May, 2012 05:37 pm
Gracie, Glad you've got your own mind and you use it. I'm proud of you.
ossobuco

Thu 10 May, 2012 05:56 pm
@GracieGirl,
You've got some company on your views re same sex marriage here, Gracie, including me. I like seeing you express yourself so well re a subject that causes a lot of consternation.

Of course, I take exception to your opinion about Taco Bell (not that I've set foot there in decades, if ever, ewww.) I'm with JoeN on that one.
JTT

Thu 10 May, 2012 09:11 pm
@GracieGirl,
You are one majorly way cool kid, GG!