REPORT!!!

Below viewing threshold (view)
Ceili

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:49 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oooooh, Finn's standing up for the class ass. Awesome.
I'd love to see what you'd do if an Hawkeye spoke like that to your daughter or grandson. Or maybe you aren't that much farther up the food chain either... Mind you, you didn't miss a step taking a shot at me either. So read your post and ask yourself the same question, can you pass up the opportunity to say something denigrating towards me?
Not that I care much, I've considered the source.
Regardless, I don't think much of a man who puffs his chest out at the expense of a minor. I noticed your advice was none to nice, as per expectation. However, with all due respect, the girl asked a question that in some forums is quite commonly practiced. Others also found the person in question quite offensive. She got her answer. She probably could have done without all the drama, but hey, she's got to learn that adults can be childish idiots somewhere, might as well be here.
Hawkeye has a particular sensitivity to this question, as several people, for obvious reasons, have blocked him and probably have asked that he be kicked off this site as well. C'est la vie. Should he really be able to take his frustrations on everyone that find his style or personality, or similar attributes distasteful? Does he really need to stand up for everyone he feels a bizarre kinship with? Does he really need you to stand up for his right to be an ass? So be it. You add your sneering remarks about everything I say, and I'll tell him when I think he is being an ass. K
You already know what I think of you.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 01:04 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Modern liberals have decided that oppression for the right reasons is good, which is of course BS,
but it is our fear and ignorance leads us down this dark alley,
Ignorance of WHAT??

hawkeye10 wrote:
The problem with conservatives is that you all want to drive down the road by way of your rear view mirror
We keep the contract that we r interpreting squarely in vu in that mirror,
to keep things straight and honest
like thay r supposed to be, as the Founders WROTE
the social contract.

David
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 01:11 am
@Ceili,
The problem with your theory is that if GRACY feels the need to be treated as a child there are many other places for here to go to get what she wants...nobody is holding a gun to her head and making her come to an adult place....and dispite the best efforts of the feminists we do not demand that all of you females get treated as inferior to men..aka treated as children.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 01:15 am
@Ceili,
More like I'm ragging you, but you claim to know this.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 04:39 am
God, what a circle jerk this thread turned into.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 05:16 am
Interesting. We were talking about a particular troll (StinkyPete) who has absolutely no entertainment value and is therefore boring, and now we're talking about victimology in politics? Confused
wmwcjr

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 05:21 am
@GracieGirl,
You're welcome, Gracie. Smile
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 07:55 am
@wmwcjr,
Yup, it's so typical A2K, unfortunately.

A few try to colour the experience of many. Sad Mad
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 08:00 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Gracie, ignore Hawkeye (you don't need to use the ignore feature, just don't give him the satisfaction of responding to him). It is complete bullshit that the way Stinky Pete behaved is normal for "guys." Mature adults don't behave that way, which undoubtedly explains why Hawkeye doesnt'know that.

Thanks Setanta! Smile
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 08:02 pm
@Ceili,
Thank! You! Ceili! You're fantastic! Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 08:08 pm
@Reyn,
So many, the quiet?

Try saying what you think here, Reyn.
I know you are not interested in all the conflict, but you get to speak up if you feel strongly about something.
Reyn

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 08:24 pm
@ossobuco,
I tend to be quiet, for the most part, if I don't like something here. Not always, but more often than not.

I think to myself, what's the point in arguing? One may very well voice your opinion, but to what end? Will it change anything? It will be an excercise in futility.

Of course, this is my opinion, and I guess I've just voiced it.

[shrug]

What I feel is silly are those that will swear in print here. I don't like it, and think it's unnecessary to get one's point across, but it seems to be all the rage these days.

Sorry if I've offended anyone.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 08:26 pm
@Reyn,
Well, I won't natter at you to post opinions.

In the meantime, be well.
Reyn

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 08:32 pm
@ossobuco,
I haven't the time or energy these days.

I've been very busy, as I posted HERE.
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 08:40 pm
@Reyn,
That's great that things are getting better (sort of) with you and your mom. Is there medicine that they could give her that could help a little? Could she get treatment at the assisted living place? Does she know that she's going? Like does she understand it? I'm sorry if these are stupid questions. I just dont know much about it and I'm curious.