REPORT!!!

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:15 pm
How come when you report someone they can still be on a2k?

Some jerk here called stinky something was saying all kinda gross, mean stuff and I reported him yesterday and then today as soon as I long on and clicked 'New Post' he was there. I thought when you reported someone their account got deleted. How is he still here.

Plus I can't be the only one who reported him.

Here's the link!
http://able2know.org/topic/177049-1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 16 • Views: 4,951 • Replies: 82

JPB

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:18 pm
@GracieGirl,
Quote:
I thought when you reported someone their account got deleted.

Nope.

Very few people get bounced here.
sozobe

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:18 pm
@GracieGirl,
I think reports just send the info to the moderators, and then they decide what to do about it.

If you see something you don't like, one thing you can always do right away is to thumb it down. When there are enough thumbs-down votes, then the post is hidden from view. (Depending a little on your settings.) I'm not sure what the number is, maybe five? So if you and four other people down-vote it, it disappears.
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:20 pm
@JPB,
Well, what's the point of reporting someone if nothing happens?! Jeez!
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:22 pm
@sozobe,
Oh! Well if he's reported more than once by alot of people then can he get deleted? It's getting really annoying.
sozobe

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:24 pm
@GracieGirl,
I think it doesn't matter if it's one report or many.

ALSO, and this is perfect for this situation, you can ignore any user. So if this guy's annoying you, go ahead and ignore and poof, he's deleted! (For you anyway!)
JPB

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:24 pm
@GracieGirl,
The mods can take a look at the stuff you're reporting and see if it violates the Terms of Service.

If you've reported someone and you don't want to see any of their stuff then you can click on their profile and click "Ignore User" and you wont see any of his posts unless someone else quotes him in one of theirs.
roger

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:27 pm
@GracieGirl,
That's a good question - meaning I don't know, either. I suppose the moderators are actually considering the merits. If they are, obviously they are considering more than the fact that the person is consistantly obnoxious. I can't swear anyone even looks at these things.

I am familiar with the member you mention. I went to his profile and put him on ignore. The downside of not seeing its posts is that I can no longer downgrade its posts. The upside is that I don't see them, anymore.
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:30 pm
@sozobe,
Ok, Thanks! Wink
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:30 pm
@JPB,
Yeah, he's on Ignore. Cool button! Cool Smile
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:31 pm
@roger,
Yes, we look at these things. In fact, I look at reports on most days.

And we consider the merits of the reports, the user, etc. Just because a lot of people report someone does not mean that that something will happen immediately. We take our time and consider the Terms of Service.

And we thank you, and everyone else, for your reports. They do help us to make decisions.
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:33 pm
@roger,
Yea, well I downgraded then put him on Ignore. Laughing He hasnt responded I think so maybe his account is gonna be deleted.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:36 pm
@jespah,
Oh cool! You're a moderator?! Very Happy How come he isn't deleted though? Why don't you delete people like him? Confused He's mean to everybody and the stuff he says is gross.
roger

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:41 pm
@GracieGirl,
Maybe we should check out the Terms of Service and see if mean and gross are listed. They probably aren't.
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:46 pm
@roger,
Well they should be. Razz
JTT

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:56 pm
@GracieGirl,
There was a thread some time ago, Gracie, started by the owner/one of the owners of A2K that was along the lines of "Do we want people who say nasty/bad/unpopular things to be deleted?"

I can't remember if there was a general consensus that came out of that but A2K isn't school.

A2K is real life and in real life in most western countries, one of the central ideas is that no matter how bad/nasty one's speech is, that person still has the right to say these things.

I think you mean Mame's not so secret admirer. I think that that fella, really active for a bit, just got tired and left.

But I'll take the good with the bad. Be like a bee, willing to fly over a couple thousand weeds to, once in a while, come across a flower.
roger

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 03:56 pm
@GracieGirl,
Yeah, but there wouldn't be very many of us left to talk to.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 04:00 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

Well they should be. Razz
no because A2K would then be like so many other crappy internet meeting places where the most easily offended and loudest whinners decide how everyone acts. Grow a thicker skin or else go away.
Ceili

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 04:03 pm
@GracieGirl,
Gracie the internet is filled with trolls. That is why many people here have warned you about divulging too much info and so on.
This kid wants an audience. Ignore him, eventually the schmucks move on. They normally buzz in and bother everyone for a spell, leave a bug splat like smear over the monitor and then disappear.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 04:05 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

I think you mean Mame's not so secret admirer. I think that that fella, really active for a bit, just got tired and left.

Now wait. I'm Mame's secret admirer, and still here.