jcboy

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 05:37 pm
Thanks!

So far Jiffy Lube hasn’t called the garage. I gave them a call about noon today and was told the manager was with a customer and he would call me back. No call yet.

The garage has the new motor on order. I have one attorney friend here in St. Pete and he told me to give them a call once a day, and if I get no response from them he will wait ten days then send them a letter along with a copy of my bill from the garage.

He also told me I could always take them to small claims court, in Florida it’s five grand, the rebuilt engine is a little under four grand. So I’ll have to foot the bill when the truck is ready and hopefully with a little luck I’ll be reimbursed from Jiffy Lube.
JTT

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 08:28 pm
@jcboy,
Try to contact a local newspaper to see if they have a consumer advocate. Just letting Jiffy Lube know, in a very discrete fashion that such an option exists will probably get you some quick action, JC.
jcboy

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:43 pm
@JTT,
Thanks I will give it a try.

I did make another call today to Jiffy Lube, this time the manager wasn’t in. I’m planning on calling once a day like my attorney friend David advised me to do.

David won’t charge me anything when he sends them the letter in ten days. David’s an immigration attorney. I met him when he was on the board of St. Pete Pride, I attend all their fundraisers.
roger

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:50 pm
@jcboy,
Keep calling as advised, but it's becoming fairly clear that that manager isn't planning to be in when you call. I imagine you're documenting each failure to connect.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:52 pm
@jcboy,
this location?

http://locations.jiffylube.com/storedetail.aspx?s_id=227
ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:55 pm
@ehBeth,
if so, you might want to add your review to the ones here

http://www.yelp.com/biz/jiffy-lube-st-petersburg

interesting that one reviewer noted someone talking to "Derek" about a small claims lawyer when he was there

and definitely use this

http://www.jiffylube.com/about/contact.aspx

franchisees don't like to hear from head office
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 05:19 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

David won’t charge me anything when he sends them the letter in ten days. David’s an immigration attorney. I met him when he was on the board of St. Pete Pride, I attend all their fundraisers.

Doesn't matter, the point will get through that you are not some rube who can be ignored and who will then go away....
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 07:08 pm
@ehBeth,
Ebeth I believe that is the place, Morgan has his eyes glued to the TV watching that silly show survivor, I'd roll my eyes but I don't know how to make that symbol.
jcboy

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 06:10 am
@ehBeth,
Yep that's the one, thanks for the link, I'll add mine tonight.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 04:57 pm
@roger,
Oh I do. I call from my cell and it’s in the history.

Well this time the manager came to the phone. I told him what the garage said about them being responsible for not putting any oil in my truck and it’s going to cost $3,863.00 for the cost of the rebuilt engine and labor. He didn’t have much to say to me, was kind of quiet but said he would call them today and he did. Of course he didn’t call me back.

The garage called me at work and said they spoke with him and basically told him they couldn’t have put any oil in. You can’t burn all that oil in ten miles and there is no oil leak. He told the garage he would his mechanic stop by and take a look at the truck sometime tomorrow afternoon.

I'll still give him a call at the usual time tomorrow.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 06:08 pm
@MMarciano,
Go a reply window and click on Open BBC Code Editor in little green letters - and you'll see a full panoply of ways to spark up your replys...

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 06:09 pm
@jcboy,
Go, boy!
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 06:45 pm
@jcboy,
You seriously need to get more aggressive if you expect to win this fight, Jiffy Lube is famous for stonewalling, so you have your work cut out for you.

Have you figured out who owns the shop yet? Who ever it is almost certainly is on the drop down list located here

http://www.jlafnet.com/users/login

Why are you still wasting time with a manager who has as his mission to try to get the company out of paying you?? Keep calling for sure, but you need to be working your way up the food chain, need to find someone who can approve sending you a check. I sure aint the manager of the of the storefronts.
jcboy

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks Jo! Wink
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
I’m just doing what my attorney friend advised me to do. Once the ten days are up, he will take care of it from there.
sozobe

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 06:03 am
@jcboy,
Looks to me like you're handling it great.

I'm particularly impressed by all of your record-keeping! Good goin'.
MMarciano

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 08:06 am
@sozobe,
He keeps a folder for everything, even one for each cat and dog, from their vet visits Wink
sozobe

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 08:17 am
@MMarciano,
That totally makes sense to me... not you?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 08:18 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I always take my cars to the dealer. . .

Dealerships are not immune to the human error of their mechanics.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 04:53 pm
@jcboy,
soooooooo day 12 since the beginning of the thread

what's happening at JL?