Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 12:26 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
You deserved that response.

And that came if you remember because you made a snotty remark to the effect (This may not be exactly how you worded it) that I was hysterical, hateful, and self-righteous, or arrogant, and had problems with the truth...

So my response was warrented as well!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 12:27 pm
@Cyracuz,
Quote:
Atheists may be part of gangs that do evil. They may also not be.
Christians, on the other hand, are by the very definition of being a Christian, part of a gang that does and has done great evil.

That is your take, with which, the Christians I know, are not evil people!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 12:41 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Relevance?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 01:48 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
No, it didn't come because of any remark i had made. This was what you wrote:

Quote:
I am not trying to be hateful either, but informative...and from my perceptions, (personally) Izzy offers more to me, than Bill does...You on the other hand may have an entirely different perception...which is comendable...

( take notes, and listen carefully Setanta!!)

You were referring to your comparison of Izzy to Bill, while responding to RL, not to me. You're just peddling more bullshit now, and being dishonest once again. I had nothing to do with an exchange between you and RL, with references to Izzy and Bill. It was a disgusting display of your hatefulness that you attempted to drag me into it, so my response to you was what you deserved.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 02:23 pm
By the way, i wanted to congratulate you on your war with Voice--first class entertainment.
Chights47

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 03:06 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
That is silly as there is no atheists gangs running around and most members of gangs are of the same religion breakdown of the rest of the areas they come from.
I'm relatively certain that there are no "atheist gangs" at least with the meaning you apply to "gang". I don't doubt that there are atheists who participate in criminal activities, but it's not because of atheism that they perform these acts. To state otherwise would be to also claim that a person suddenly decides to rape and murder because they don't collect stamps. A person actions aren't defined by what they don't believe, but by what they do believe. Atheism is simply the absence of belief in a deity, nothing more, nothing less. Theism is flawed and causes unnecessary harm and is (for the most part) the source reason in which many immoral actions and bigotry come from, atheism is not. Atheism doesn't teach people to have bigoted opinions against those which are different from us. Atheism doesn't teach people to kill others who think differently than we do...theism does this. Since you're sensitive on this topic I'll also state that all religions don't only cause harm, just that harm can and often does come from these beliefs. Good deeds come from religion as well but why accept something that sometimes does good when it has so many unnecessary negative implications? Especially when there is no reason in believing in what is claimed as the reasons for participating in these flawed ideologies (heaven, afterlife, etc.)
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 07:31 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
By the way, i wanted to congratulate you on your war with Voice--first class entertainment.

First off, I don't wage war against anyone, and if I have then I apologize, and wish to take back the waging of the war toward anyone. My goal is not to wage war against my foes of my foes...let alone someone else who (in my opinion is confused, but about spreading the words of Christ) My battle is not against him...As I have said this to him in one of the very first posts I made to him...

But in any event it shows how rude and immature you are personally, that you find entertainment in this...I find entertainment in the fact that you think 2 people debating, or possibly arguing is entertainment, and that you think I am a rude and an immature person on the basis of shouting, In which case (whether your willing to be honest and admit this) I have said 3 times, too you personally, that my shouting should not be taken as shouting...And honestly, I did not know that standard internet lingo is that all caps is shouting...If your smarter than I am, than it does not take a brain surgueon to shrug it off rather than pointing it out every time, unless, you are the one with the vendeta against me....For your own personal gain....

As far as my time here, the only 2 people who rub me the wrong way in which to act like they do, to get them to realize their immaturity, is yourself, and Ragman...and especially him (Ragman) and I stand by what I said to him...If it takes a vendictive beneficial post, to get someone to realize their irrationality, that my post(s) have their merit...and that person will soon realize the feeling is mutual, unpleasant, and this/these people will realize rather quickly the world is not their playpen to do and say how ever they feel when ever they feel...etc...

So the only other person with which I seem to have problems with is you...and since you feel inclined to keep going back and forth with me, rather than bury the hatchet, it tells me, that your the one with the problem here, not me...But again, I will ask do you wish to bury the hatchet???
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 08:04 pm
@Chights47,

Good to see you again Bud! I was beginning to think your were avoiding me...I am glad you came back and posted your feelings on this subject, as I am interested in your views...

Quote:
I'm relatively certain that there are no "atheist gangs" at least with the meaning you apply to "gang". I don't doubt that there are atheists who participate in criminal activities, but it's not because of atheism that they perform these acts.

Does it matter? Who says that these Christians, are doing these acts based on Christianity?? Seems more like Satanism to me than that of Christianity...

Quote:
To state otherwise would be to also claim that a person suddenly decides to rape and murder because they don't collect stamps. A person actions aren't defined by what they don't believe, but by what they do believe.

I disagree here, and if your right then I will reword it, since there is no real way to pin it to an atheist so that they accept and understand my point....Atheists are for progressing humanity, right? Do you believe that some in thinking of progressing humanity, take it upon themselves to steal, lie, cheat, murder etc...and that they believe in what they believe, not on what they don't that these evil acts are progressing humanity?? because there progressing themselves?? If that is the case, with which I am sure any realistic person should answer yes they do, or people do do these things, than it is of the same thing to think or portray Christianity, as evil based on what ones who practice evil and are away from God do, apposed to the majority of Good honest people out there....who probably are not much different than you and I, they choose to progress humanity, and embrace a God in doing this...and are Good natured people, looking to help others....

Quote:
Atheism is simply the absence of belief in a deity, nothing more, nothing less. Theism is flawed and causes unnecessary harm and is (for the most part) the source reason in which many immoral actions and bigotry come from, atheism is not. Atheism doesn't teach people to have bigoted opinions against those which are different from us.

Define bigoted opinions?? maybe not Bigotry, but their is just as bad as a crime in the fact of atheists attacking Jesus Christ, with which we believers consider sacret, It would be the same for a believer to personally attack you...because you value your life above all, If believers were to personally attack you and your life, would that offend you, after shrugging it off many-a-times?? If your answer is no, I don't believe your being Self-honest, or understand what it is like to be persecuted like that, and if your answer is yes, than you can sympathize with me here, for all the reasons listed above....

Quote:
Atheism doesn't teach people to kill others who think differently than we do...theism does this.

Theism do not do this...that is my point, and any theist who does this does not know God at all...Just the same as a atheist who is for progressing humanity (something they believe, rather than don't believe) and thinking in their distorted, warped view, it is exceptible to steal, lie, cheat, murder etc. in their lives because it progress's them...and please don't tell me it doesn't exist, I know a few who do or feel this way...

Quote:
Since you're sensitive on this topic I'll also state that all religions don't only cause harm, just that harm can and often does come from these beliefs. Good deeds come from religion as well but why accept something that sometimes does good when it has so many unnecessary negative implications?

Because once you realize it, when you put all the nonsense behind you, the good, far outweigh the bad...as I bet I can say the same about pragmatic atheists who are doing good things to help others, such as yourself....Why do you, as a good Sumeratian do negative implications/or actions in your life?? (Simply answer: and you don't have to answer if you don't want to...all good honest people do bad, and there is none that are holier than thou, no matter what you believe) The buttom line is no matter how good, or responsible etc. A person is, negative actions are going to come with them....as part of the baggage....

Quote:
Especially when there is no reason in believing in what is claimed as the reasons for participating in these flawed ideologies (heaven, afterlife, etc.)

This is your opinion, as I do not believe they are flawed, I can make the argument, that evildoers, whoever they are, and speak of, are worthy of some type of repayment for the debts they incurr...in this life, and next, and as well as there is One who will right the wrongs, and have something so blissful, and beyond what we have here, if that is the case, do you wish to go to this place??

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 08:15 pm
@Chights47,
And furthermore, I am only offended that people do things and are totally unaware of the ramifications that go along with it...There is nothing beneficial in posting about how distorted/confused "said believers" kill in the name of God, just like it is not really of importance (just to make a point, that people can empathize with) in stating evildoers know no name, and do evil in the name of atheism, as well...evil=evil....light=light, no matter what religion/belief/lack of belief you embrace...If a God exists he's watching, and takes notice, and if not, then others take notice, etc...

I am also offended, that an atheist will not think twice about saying some kind of personal remark against Jesus Christ,and not think twice about it...when if you think about it, it Would be virtually the same thing as a believer personally attacking a lack of believer...and if more theists did this, I think a lot of atheists would learn, and realize rather quickly, the feeling is very unpleasant to say the least...
BillRM

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 08:24 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
and if more theists did this, I think a lot of atheists would learn, and realize rather quickly, the feeling is very unpleasant to say the least...

You got to be kidding me given that atheists had been the subject of all manners of hate and personal attacks by the religion communities in the US.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 09:07 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
You got to be kidding me given that atheists had been the subject of all manners of hate and personal attacks by the religion communities in the US.

Really which communities are these? I attend a few, and watch on t.v. I don't see much theists attacking atheists...and more focusing in on being a better human for humanity, and working to better themselves and others...

How is that any different than how some atheists on here conduct themselves/apposed to theists...I have yet to see a hate speech from a theist, and many atheists who attack Jesus Christ...Just go reread the first page of this thread....

Well from my perspective on here, it is just the opposite...Just look at the first page of this thread and reread it...and look at the number of atheists to theists in this thread alone...(in which this is the thread for both religious and non...)
BillRM

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 02:43 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I don't see much theists attacking atheists...and more focusing in on being a better human for humanity, and working to better themselves and others...

LOL I can remember very clearly growing up that Madalyn Murray O'Hair was hated as a living agent of the devil and condemn on TV religions shows almost every Sunday.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 03:08 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Sure Bubba, whatever you say.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 03:20 am
As for "burying the hatchet," you're the one who brought out the hatchet. You're the one who made this a matter of personal slurs and acrimony. You have asked a question of those who do or do not doubt christianity. You invited people who are not christians, who don't believe in christianity here, and now you're whining about ridiculous **** such as atheist gangs, and claiming there are atheist gangs online. Well, hell, Bubba, you invited atheists here, and now you're whining about atheists "gangs?" You have been hostile since page one. The first person to respond to you happens to be a Jew, and you got nasty with him right away, simply because he doesn't take your Jesus bullshit seriously. Do you not understand, all these pages later, that attempting to frame any discussion with atheists in terms of "god" and "Jesus" is hilariously idiotic precisely because atheists don't believe in a god? You are so clueless . . .
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 04:06 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Did you not ask a question ? In your last post you refer to reading your first page.

The question was what we would ask in order to prove there was a Jesus.

Your continuation is arguementive of your beliefs verse others or their comedy cause they can.

My question to you, is why are you not interested in your original question?

Did you actually start the thread to speak of your own mind, thoughts, beliefs to others?
Quote:
Damn right I want several hundred thousand years in heaven. Five heavenly minutes would be easy to fake, but if I can cope with anything for several hundred thousand years without screaming for the release of death then it must be heaven, or as near as I can imagine.

You won't get several hundreds, thousand, years in heaven as you put it. Note how 100 years later we can pull photos of someone that looks like someone in the now? I'm betting there may actually be a thing as re-incarnation if you believe in God that is...

Quote:
Heaven is real shows your far from your path there right now and have little faith....

I have experienced near death a couple of times... Google and I agree it's like this video of your life being shown to you but there is no fear.

Again you posed a question yet you are preaching.

Heaven is real to those whom believe... Heaven is not real to those whom don't.

One thing I am sure of... Is that guiding people is a better way than preaching as if you are God... That he would not ever accept... Now would he, as he is power, the one... If that be the case, you are doing bad here, not good.

And in my opinion, we are here to accept people for who they are is that not their beliefs as well ? Yet you are doing a really good job at cutting and pasting those and making them feel that they are not worthy of even being...

You need to re-think your position..

The Bible I've said a million times has changed, throughout the centuries as it is man who types, not "written words" but a book... And so he changes to suit him look at the Churches that make so much money out of people like you, donating 10% of your earnings.... Robin Hood was a better bet.

And, look at what they own, their businesses, their land, their houses...

The Bible is not all it seems..

What you believe inside from taking in from everywhere is what it seems.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 06:23 am
@Setanta,
As for "burying the hatchet," you're the one who brought out the hatchet.
Quote:
You're the one who made this a matter of personal slurs and acrimony. You have asked a question of those who do or do not doubt christianity. You invited people who are not christians, who don't believe in christianity here, and now you're whining about ridiculous **** such as atheist gangs, and claiming there are atheist gangs online. Well, hell, Bubba, you invited atheists here, and now you're whining about atheists "gangs?" You have been hostile since page one. The first person to respond to you happens to be a Jew, and you got nasty with him right away, simply because he doesn't take your Jesus bullshit seriously. Do you not understand, all these pages later, that attempting to frame any discussion with atheists in terms of "god" and "Jesus" is hilariously idiotic precisely because atheists don't believe in a god? You are so clueless . . .

No having a conversation with you and Ragman, are the only lost causes in terms of discussions...the others, I am learning, and I think they are accepting my views as well, even if we disagree....we are having informative, interesting conversations....back and forth...
Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 06:34 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
If people are disagreeing with you, they can hardly be said to accept your views. You have some language problems as well as perception problems.
Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 06:36 am
@Setanta,
By the way, if you can't properly manage the quote function, leave it alone. You make it look as though you have written the first sentence in my post which you quoted. You also don't need to bold-face sentences from my posts--i'm not the one who does the shouting around here--that's you.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 06:41 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Did you not ask a question ? In your last post you refer to reading your first page.

The question was what we would ask in order to prove there was a Jesus.

Your continuation is arguementive of your beliefs verse others or their comedy cause they can.

My question to you, is why are you not interested in your original question?

Did you actually start the thread to speak of your own mind, thoughts,
beliefs to others?

It is a culmination of everything you mentioned in Bold...

Quote:
You won't get several hundreds, thousand, years in heaven as you put it. Note how 100 years later we can pull photos of someone that looks like someone in the now? I'm betting there may actually be a thing as re-incarnation if you believe in God that is...

I agree...

Quote:
I have experienced near death a couple of times... Google and I agree it's like this video of your life being shown to you but there is no fear.

I have experienced similiar things as well...and know a few who have as well...

Quote:
Again you posed a question yet you are preaching.

I guess, the preaching comes from the responses of the answered questions...I don't really mean to preach but guide....

Quote:
Heaven is real to those whom believe... Heaven is not real to those whom don't.

Good way of summing it up, I agree with this way of putting it...

Quote:
One thing I am sure of... Is that guiding people is a better way than preaching as if you are God... That he would not ever accept... Now would he, as he is power, the one... If that be the case, you are doing bad here, not good.

I disagree, I don't believe or at least in theory I am not trying to preach, and am trying to guide...and spreading the words of Christ are never a bad thing, so long as your not posting hate speech, which I am not...If that is the case I would be interested in hearing how you would/should think I should guide rather than preach...I'd be most interested in hearing your views as to going about guiding over preaching...

Quote:
And in my opinion, we are here to accept people for who they are is that not their beliefs as well ? Yet you are doing a really good job at cutting and pasting those and making them feel that they are not worthy of even being...

I do accept people for who they are, and if you have read this whole topic I have said numerious times, I may be wrong and I value your positions to others, Including atheists....I do not know where you get that I am trying to make people feel like they are not worthy of even being, for a certainly do not feel this way....and if you read the whole topic, I am sure you will see the evolution of myself, with the conjunction of speaking boldly to being empathetic etc....

Quote:
You need to re-think your position..

The Bible I've said a million times has changed, throughout the centuries as it is man who types, not "written words" but a book... And so he changes to suit him look at the Churches that make so much money out of people like you, donating 10% of your earnings.... Robin Hood was a better bet.

I do not give money to churches much, but other people who are in need, as well as time and effort, and donating of my personal time to help others...that is how I give my contributions...I do not give 10% to any church, with the exception of a few times a year I will donate money if I feel compelled by God....

Quote:
And, look at what they own, their businesses, their land, their houses...

The Bible is not all it seems..

What you believe inside from taking in from everywhere is what it seems.

I would like you to clearify what you mean by this, for I do not understand, but if I think I understand what you mean, I do take in life experiences, and other people, and their beliefs...that is what makes up God's people to me, not praising a Book...(If that is in fact what you mean)
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 06:44 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
If people are disagreeing with you, they can hardly be said to accept your views. You have some language problems as well as perception problems.

By the way, if you can't properly manage the quote function, leave it alone. You make it look as though you have written the first sentence in my post which you quoted. You also don't need to bold-face sentences from my posts--i'm not the one who does the shouting around here--that's you.

You know what Setanta, just go away, and leave me be, I do not wish to talk with you any longer...end of story...have a nice life....