Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

tenderfoot

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 08:02 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I don't Hate you and I don't think you's a coward I just don't like your loving talk of your particular God..Please don't think of me like this arshole.

1 Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the LORD sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the LORD. 2 This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’ ”

4 So Saul summoned the men and mustered them at Telaim—two hundred thousand foot soldiers and ten thousand men from Judah. 5 Saul went to the city of Amalek and set an ambush in the ravine. 6 Then he said to the Kenites, “Go away, leave the Amalekites so that I do not destroy you along with them; for you showed kindness to all the Israelites when they came up out of Egypt.” So the Kenites moved away from the Amalekites.

7 Then Saul attacked the Amalekites all the way from Havilah to Shur, to the east of Egypt. 8 He took Agag king of the Amalekites alive, and all his people he totally destroyed with the sword. 9 But Saul and the army spared Agag and the best of the sheep and cattle, the fat calves and lambs—everything that was good. These they were unwilling to destroy completely, but everything that was despised and weak they totally destroyed.

Guess who told him to do even worse thing than this.... yep! your behind the sofa God, want me to post some more loving work of your God.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 08:09 pm
@tenderfoot,
Nope...I have read...and know it all already...

Unless you want to because you are honestly interested in "my God"
tenderfoot

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 10:23 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
See what I mean... All of a sudden you are trying to infer that I might be interested in "YOUR GOD". you are soooo obsessively preaching your crap on the net, thinking you're verifying that your sofa God was supposedly all loving and kind and all for the good of mankind... Then you say.. (quote) "I have read...and know it all already" (unquote) ..knowing, how disgustingly murderously cruel and unloving it was . Can't you see that no normal thinking person can ignore what your God has preached and ordered... as per what you have read... and still BELIEVE, that if he ever existed, that he was at the most, dreamt up.. by hu-"man", simplistic thinking ancient men ~~ Not by woman by the way, as history tells us, man always s treated women as mere animals purely for his use. Come on Spade master, you seem a much nicer person than that.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:00 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Hi Spades Happy Easter...

Quote:
man always s treated women as mere animals purely for his use. Come on Spade master, you seem a much nicer person than that.

How true is that, plus the Cave Man days, and so it continued.

I agree, "My God" , you know me, if people believe in something, anything instead of nothing then they are believing.... Where does "My God" come from ? You are a nicer person than that Wink

Sorry Spades... But for all you are and all you say you are, he would never have demanded .... This person appears to have a heart... That's worth alot... I know you do too.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:19 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Glad to hear from you FS!

I think you may have missed my point FS...It was sarcasm not really a demand...I do not think that one could find God unless they freely chose too...and I do not think that women are pieces of meat...that was all bigotry by Tender...

I think I have explained quite a few times that I believe but it is different than what the Biblical scripture says...

I am not sure if you understand what Tender's intentions may have been...It seemed that he/she seemed to try to say that I think looking at women like meat is correct, because of what the Bible says, and I think Tender tried to say that they think I must agree because it is in there...and this is simply not true...

I agree there is a God, and savior, but think that information was based upon certain individuals own perspectives of their own interpretation of the spirit of God...with which the Bible also says that the prophecy is not perfect since men and women are not God...and I think that only God knows the true morals...and he wants others to find him from our views, not auto accept what others have claimed like Tender tried to say they think I believe based upon the Bible which I do not believe reveals all the answers in that sort of way...My own gift of the prophecy tells me that God or believers should not lust after others...and that it was scribed because another thought it was...and it is there to show others how we could be wrong but think we are correct...
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:36 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
For sure I didn't read it all. But I often read huh here Smile

So I wait and seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Smile

Erm we are not meat off course........................................................

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:44 am
@FOUND SOUL,
That is why I did not even engage Tender in response...I never made that claim...and I certainly do not think that people who look at women (or men) as meat are correct...I think it is in the Bible because God was basically saying, as much as we think we know about God...we do not really know anything at all...because God is perfect and no one is...and what is explained in there, is what was thought to be correct by believers using the spirit of God...but it is also up to us to have our own book (if you will) and explain what we see as God-like and why...and what not based upon prudence in God...not blind faith in what others have said...Or it defeats the purpose of all believers having this gift of the spirit themselves....
tenderfoot

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 06:42 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

That is why I did not even engage Tender in response...I never made that claim...and I certainly do not think that people who look at women (or men) as meat are correct...I think it is in the Bible because God was basically saying, as much as we think we know about God...we do not really know anything at all...because God is perfect and no one is...and what is explained in there, is what was thought to be correct by believers using the spirit of God...but it is also up to us to have our own book (if you will) and explain what we see as God-like and why...and what not based upon prudence in God...not blind faith in what others have said...Or it defeats the purpose of all believers having this gift of the spirit themselves....

You said-- quote "I think it is in the Bible because God was basically saying, as much as we think we know about God...we do not really know anything at all...because God is perfect and no one is..." unquote....
Here you agree and believe what God says in the Bible, that means to me, that you "believe" what he says in the Bible ?. Then you say we don't know what he's saying, then you say your God is perfect. Then you say "others" not you, think their correct because it's "blind" faith ?? Then about some prudence thing in your God then you crap on about you having someone giving you, or you having something called a spirit.... the only spirit I know of that I would like, is the spirit out of a bottle of red wine, though I would agree, that to much of that spirit can make you delusional.... to much of your spirits has certainly make you delusional.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 07:00 pm
@tenderfoot,
Do you actually have any questions to ask me? Or just point out to me what you believe is true?
tenderfoot

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 07:40 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
My post to you was pointing out that you are either a liar or just delusional.
Admittingly if you want to treat it as questioning your beliefs ... I am.
When you ask the question ~~~ QUESTION TO THOSE WHO DO OR DO NOT DOUBT CHRISTIANITY ~~~ you are ASKING and I'm telling you in simple words why the hell do you think that your god is any more believable than the thousands of God's mankind ( not womankind ) worshiped before the latest Christian one.. all I hear from you is beliefs, faith, prudence and spirits ( not drinkable ) and what you think others believe... that's like trying to sell a ham sandwich with nothing in it
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 07:47 pm
@tenderfoot,
Quote:
My post to you was pointing out that you are either a liar or just delusional.

I guess I can agree with you if one was to think these are the only two options available...
tenderfoot

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 07:56 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
How come you only picked the first part of my reply to you and there 3 options and seeing you can't pick one of the two, that leaves perhaps you agree with the 3rd option both 1 and 2 ;-) Only joking.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 08:02 pm
@tenderfoot,
Are you joking? Or are you serious? If you are joking, then I'll pass, if you are serious then I will answer you question? (?)
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 11:03 am
@tenderfoot,
tenderfoot wrote:

I don't Hate you and I don't think you's a coward I just don't like your loving talk of your particular God..Please don't think of me like this arshole.,..
description of Israel's near exterminatoon of the Amelikites....
Guess who told him to do even worse thing than this.... yep! your behind the sofa God, want me to post some more loving work of your God.
Most nominal christians may be unable to answer this. I'd like to see a few try.

There are a number of reasons for including passages like this in the Bible, not the least of which is the actual occurance of the events.

One is that there would never have been any death at all were it not for the rebellion in Eden.

Another is the practice of child sacrifice in Canaanite religion. They burned them while alive, you know. Loud tambourine music helped to drown the screams. I suppose the true God wished to emphasize his disapproval.

Before we lament over the millions, perhaps billions, who have lived in misery and died painful deaths, (and we should lament) we should remind ourselves that
these did not suffer by the purpose of Jehovah. For He has provided a remedy through his son; the second opportunity for life promised in John 5:28.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 11:20 am
@neologist,
Quote:
One is that there would never have been any death at all were it not for the rebellion in Eden.

Oh, I doubt that. Even if sting #1 had failed, undoubtedly the god had plenty more up the sleeve of his robe.
neologist

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 01:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Are you talking about the god of this world, Frank? (John 14:30)
In that case, I would agree.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 01:13 pm
@neologist,
I am talking about the god of the Bible...the god of Sting #1. Wink
neologist

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 01:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I am talking about the god of the Bible...the god of Sting #1. Wink
Pointing at the wrong one, Frank. How could things have been better for us if Adam and Eve had not eaten the fruit?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 01:28 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Pointing at the wrong one, Frank.

I doubt that.

Quote:
How could things have been better for us if Adam and Eve had not eaten the fruit?

Not sure of the reason for the question. I certainly never said that I thought things would have been better for us if Adam and Even had not eaten of the fruit.

Best guess I can make is that the allegory was invented to try to explain the "human predicament." If that one hadn't been invented...another one would have. Somehow or other, the people wanting an explanation for the human condition wanted it to be the fault of humans...rather than the dreaded gods.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 01:30 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

tenderfoot wrote:

I don't Hate you and I don't think you's a coward I just don't like your loving talk of your particular God..Please don't think of me like this arshole.,..
description of Israel's near exterminatoon of the Amelikites....
Most nominal christians may be unable to answer this. I'd like to see a few try.

There are a number of reasons for including passages like this in the Bible, not the least of which is the actual occurance of the events.

So, YHWH justifies ethnic cleansing because of the Edenic rebellion.

How righteous.

Quote:
Another is the practice of child sacrifice in Canaanite religion. They burned them while alive, you know. Loud tambourine music helped to drown the screams. I suppose the true God wished to emphasize his disapproval.

According the the Tanakh YHWH ordered the ethnic cleansing of the Amalekites because they attacked the Israelites as they were encroaching on Amalek land. There is no mention there of child sacrifice as being the reason for the ethnic cleansing that YHWH ordered.

Quote:
Before we lament over the millions, perhaps billions, who have lived in misery and died painful deaths, (and we should lament) we should remind ourselves that these did not suffer by the purpose of Jehovah.

So, the suffering experienced by the Amalekites through JHWH's order of ethnic cleansing was unintended.

One would think that he would have prescribed a kinder, gentler sufferance-free ethnic cleansing.