Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 02:53 pm
@MattDavis,
I totally agree mate...I know Jesus is a God of peace...I do not even believe that an actual kingdom of Hell exists even if a Heaven does...I think that everyone will make it to Heaven...and be happy, and want to be...

I have had experiences where I have been purged in Hell...Or sent to save souls...and I do not even think that realm will exist forever...I don't think it is possible that anyone who is not God could even stand up to God...

I think that Hell may exist to live off the sins one has done while they find their way to Heaven...and destroy the demons each person self creates...and once everyone is purged, and the evil is destroyed...it will no longer exist...it has no reason too...if it even does...
MattDavis

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 03:12 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I don't happen to believe in a "temporal" after-life either heaven or hell.
If I were to make the assumption of a "God" in the way most orthodox Christians view God, then I don't think that a hell makes much sense logically.
I also don't see "faith" as a criterion as making much logical sense either. Can you conceive of a situation where you (an intelligent moral person) would punish someone just for not knowing that you exist? I really can't fathom how a God would do such a thing if (he/she/it) is intelligent and moral.
One might always fall back on the "God works in mysterious ways." platform, which is of course unfalsifiable, but it seems like an excuse to want to believe that "evil" people should be "punished". A very natural and in some sense comforting desire, but I think ultimately petty if one actually does believe in eternal life. What would we be punishing them for? Any action no matter how horrendous would only be transient. A drop in the bucket that is eternity.
I basically don't see hell as compatible with an assumption of a loving, moral, intelligent, powerful God.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 03:23 pm
@MattDavis,
I agree mate...I think that that was very well said...check you mail when you get a second mate...Wink
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 05:53 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Bull ****!!@!
spendius

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 05:55 pm
@tenderfoot,
Put some on your veggie garden tf. It's magic.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 06:10 pm
@tenderfoot,
Quote:
Bull ****!

Is this the part you find to be bullshit and if so why? Do you think that he did not know Jesus and did not know that he would be with Jesus and he was not the incarnate of St. Peter, getting ready to live forever with Jesus?

Quote:
.His actions are displaying the ultimate ways to imitate a follower of Jesus before you leave and are with Jesus forever...Showing he knows Jesus, and knows he will be with Jesus soon...and that he was the incarnate of St. Peter, but is getting ready to live forever with Jesus...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 06:14 pm
@reasoning logic,
No, I think he is referring to my post two posts up...but he could mean that one as well...

My problem is Tender never takes the time to explain how he thinks it is incorrect, and often comes out with 1 or 2 liner smirk remarks...

I am not saying he has to agree with me, cause it is apparent he does not...and I don't think anyone should just blindly accept what I claim anyways...I just would like to know why he does not agree...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 07:45 pm
@reasoning logic,
How have you been doing mate? Have not talked in a while...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 08:01 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I have been doing OK and I hope that you , FS and others have been doing OK as well as I have not talked to you all in a while. Very Happy
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 08:10 pm
@reasoning logic,
Good mate...I am glad...Wink
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 07:46 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
I am curious mostly to Atheists as to if Jesus did come in the second comming and said to you. I am Jesus, what will I have to do to prove to you I am the savior and God in the flesh....

What would you ask Jesus to do for you to prove he is the savior??
The Greek word, parousia, normally translated as 'coming' may be more properly translated as 'presence'. So the emphasis of the word is less on the time of Jesus' arrival, than on the situation of his actually being here.

What if he were here now? How would we know? Would our current situation be one of Edenic peace or satanic anarchy?
MattDavis

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 12:20 pm
@neologist,
I would be interested in your comments regarding:
http://able2know.org/topic/176688-465#post-5267696
Very Happy
neologist

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 12:49 pm
@MattDavis,
I think you get the message as far as lifestyle and day to day conduct for Christians. But remember the word 'gospel' means 'good news'.

Just MHO, of course, but what better 'good news' could there be than certain fulfillment of Jehovah's purpose to have the earth filled with people having perfect health, able to look forward to an endless future free from war and crime and sickness and death?
MattDavis

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 01:37 pm
@neologist,
You might like this song Neo. Very Happy
spendius

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 02:49 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
I am curious mostly to Atheists as to if Jesus did come in the second comming and said to you. I am Jesus, what will I have to do to prove to you I am the savior and God in the flesh....

Tip all the winners at Royal Ascot.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 04:56 pm
@reasoning logic,
I'm doing great RL

Smile

Happy Easter to you all

x
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 05:26 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I am glad to hear from you.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 08:02 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Happy Easter to you all

Thank you FS...Have a happy Easter also...Wink...and I hope that everyone else does as well...
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:00 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
Bull ****!

Is this the part you find to be bullshit and if so why? Do you think that he did not know Jesus and did not know that he would be with Jesus and he was not the incarnate of St. Peter, getting ready to live forever with Jesus?

Quote:
.His actions are displaying the ultimate ways to imitate a follower of Jesus before you leave and are with Jesus forever...Showing he knows Jesus, and knows he will be with Jesus soon...and that he was the incarnate of St. Peter, but is getting ready to live forever with Jesus...

No need to find ant particular part of what the poor bastard has to say ~ pretty near every thing he speaketh is a germination of some religiouse thought patern.
tenderfoot

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:16 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

No, I think he is referring to my post two posts up...but he could mean that one as well...

My problem is Tender never takes the time to explain how he thinks it is incorrect, and often comes out with 1 or 2 liner smirk remarks...

I am not saying he has to agree with me, cause it is apparent he does not...and I don't think anyone should just blindly accept what I claim anyways...I just would like to know why he does not agree...

Sorry I'm a problem to you ... my remarks are short and to the point ( mine) and to accept anything you say even as a joke would blindly~be, hard one to make.
I understand what you are doing, I have a couple of relations who have " found God " love em dearly, couldn't find a more frighten delusional pair if you tried... they come round every week for a visit and spend a couple of hrs here, they crap on about the same things as you do and I say the same things in reply as I do to you. Before they became religious they loved a wine or beer, ate normal were fun to know.. they still are, only now are frighten and delusional, same as you.