Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 06:06 pm
@reasoning logic,
Is it "just" the people of the Church? Or is it also people who say how bad the Church is?, Or how wrong beliefs are? Do they actually explain what we "could" do? Or take the time to explain what everyone buys into by rejecting beliefs? Have they come up with a solution to beliefs, that explains how it solves anything? Rather than just saying it is smart to reject them?....Is it possible that this slows down evolution also? Or is that not possible? About morality and everything else...?

What does Socrates have to do with you "thinking" the church, holds people back? Did he say this? Please quote it, if he did...I want to hear what he had said...Please explain how if evolution is true... How you KNOW you are not able to do it?...Because he "may not" have been able too...?

Do you not have the abilty to use the internet for more good if you chose to do it? Did Socrates have this?

Please explain how you thinking that the internet can be used for good and bad...Is what Socrates would have said? Or how he would view it that way...That you KNOW he would?
spendius

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 06:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I have no trouble with the word "decide" at all.

You have a great difficulty with it I'm afraid. In fact it is a lynchpin of your argument which I am very glad I am not making. I can decide nothing. How many times do you need telling and it's obvious anyway.

Quote:
I am not bothered by this pretend argument of yours.

MYOH. Again.

Quote:
In fact, if anything, it makes me more sure of my position...and more determined to stop people like you from influencing legislation on this issue.

Good. Let's get the argument polarised. No more pussy-footing. No sanitised abstractions. Describe an abortion from the point of view of the unborn kid and you can't unless you declare it not human life. And you can't sustain that it isn't. You need a stop-watch to do so. 20 weeks. 26 weeks. 32 weeks. Where do you draw the line? And you have guessed the start line. And you never guess.

Describe an abortion from the mother's point of view. You needn't bother about the father. He's a wanker in the nature of the case. Literally.

Where did I ever say anything about influencing legislation?

MYOH is just shorthand for "marking your own homework" which is flagged up by your use of "silly" which gambit Lola stooped to eventually. You also flag up that you're a bit slow on the uptake not to have realised what the acronym meant.

Quote:

Wanna continue this...or shall we go on to something worthwhile?

What can possibly be more worthwhile than hoping that just one reader here takes pause for thought before having an abortion or pressuring a woman to have one. Or even acquiescing.

All you are interested in is saving your own position. How could you face up to having been wrong in being a voice which influenced those who do decide? And based on a specious argument about rights which only has traction with the feeble-minded. As I demonstrated in three separate instances none of which you have though fit to answer.

My posts don't make you laugh at all. They make you flail.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 07:38 pm
@reasoning logic,
Sorry mate...I feel grumpy because I am sick and have a bad headache...

I am sorry if it seemed like I was being mean....I did not mean too...You can answer my post if you are interested...Or I will reword it if you would like me too...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 09:11 pm
It seems that something very, very, very horrible happened to one of my close friends today...

Not sure if they are going to make it... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I would please ask that all the believers out there say a prayer for me friend...Thank you!!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 09:14 pm
This is for you sweetheart!!!!

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 01:12 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Is it "just" the people of the Church? Or is it also people who say how bad the Church is?,

Our problems are not only church related, we all seem to have beliefs that are not in our best interest at times.

We do not always have good answers for the questions asked but I do think that if you take one question at a time it is more helpful and less confusing.

Quote:
Do they actually explain what we "could" do?

There are explanations out there for certain questions and some of these explanations seem to have more evidence supporting them than others.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 01:15 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Sorry mate...I feel grumpy because I am sick and have a bad headache...

I hope that you soon feel better and that your heart heels soon concerning your friend who is not doing well.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 04:16 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Spades, I understand pain, hurt, the heart feeling empty, the willing to wish and hope.

You are in my thoughts.. Now is the time you will see whom can comprehend compassion and who can not.

I am sorry for your pain, have faith...

Love FS
spendius

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 09:08 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
You do vote don't you and try to take away their rights?

I don't vote rl. Whatever gave you that idea? I'm quite content to let the silly sods get on with such a futile activity. I have no idea what is for the best. I'm not a fortune teller.

I know what is best for an unborn kid though. I'll stand on that. And I'm pretty sure that I know what is best for its Mom.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 09:31 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I am not aware of the church showing any help that would influence the decision making of a single young mother other than a prayer.

There's a good example of your deceitful ways rl.

You are relying upon the "I am not aware" part of the sentence to be forgotten by the time the feeble-minded readers you presumably are addressing have read the rest of it and gain the false impression that the Church is useless.

It passes both parts of the sophistry test. It is fallacious, the impression you seek to convey I mean, and self-evidently, and it is plausible in respect of that section of the population which does forget the beginning of a sentence by the time it gets to the end.

Which doesn't mean you're a sophist of course. A sophist would laugh at such crudity in the performance of the art. Like a jockey might laugh at you riding a donkey on Blackpool Beach.

That you are not aware of the church showing any help that would influence the decision making of a single young mother other than a prayer, does not mean the Church isn't providing help. It just means that you are not aware of any. Which must be due to the blinkers you wear all the time.

As if you not being aware of things is a guide to what is happening. In short--only your awareness has validity. That's megalomania I would have thought.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 09:50 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I am not saying it is the preachers fault but I do wonder if the preacher spoke more about reality and truths that have evidence or at least things that are probable, what he may be able to do for society. It would not change things over night but it would be a nice place to start.

Then he would become a scientist you silly moocow. And what fun that would be eh? You can't laugh at scientists. (except maybe that white haired guy who does CBS News medical stories and the silly sod who makes the last few seconds of this - http://sky1.sky.com/galapagos-3d-with-david-attenborough/galapagos-3d-with-david-attenborough-watch-the-trailer--so hilarious. Look how important the sound of his own name is. Watch it a few times. Watch his arm when he says the magic words. And his face.

Give me the Vicar of Dibley.
spendius

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 10:09 am
@spendius,
If the link don't work you can find it on Google using the key words. A little effort. It took me 2 minutes. It is worth it. And we believe in effort being rewarded.

It's running on our TV at the moment as an ad. It gets funnier every time I see it.

I do tend to see the television as an inspection widow in a lunatic asylum. For those patients is is not advisable to get too close to.

I got the idea from reading about a late 19th century entertainment in France in which superintendents of asylums gave conducted tours of their premises for the movers and shakers late in the evening when they were feeling jolly. I dare say he coached the most promising inmates so that his customers came back for more.

We had to make do with the monkey cage at the zoo. Which was pretty good.

The problem with an idea like that is that it is very difficult to get it out of your head once it has got in there.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 10:32 am
@reasoning logic,
My point is mate...If people disagree with the system..Then they have moral obligations to speak up to change things so that we get it correct....And help evolution...Talk is cheap...It is easy for anyone to say the Church is wrong....While millions do nothing about it...If people are not going to offer a viable solution...Or back their thoughts up with actions...Then they should refrain from trying to attack the system (the Church) that shows it has inclinations of actually caring, by taking stances on issues....Because they care....

Even if they are wrong about what they are saying...

If no one stands up to offer a reputible alternative to the church...Then it is irrelevant when people say why the church is wrong...

Because at least the Church is standing up and trying to do something about it...While millions complain and do nothing but say the church is wrong...It is just empty words....And these people are not doing a dang thing about it...To change it...So why even attack people who do? Even if they are wrong? Because they at least show they care...They are still doings things about it, while millions who complain do nothing at all...

So why should anyone care if they think the church is wrong?

The church is still doing things...What are these people doing about these issues?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 10:34 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Thank you so much Found!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 10:34 am
@reasoning logic,
Thank you so much mate...!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 10:47 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
If no one stands up to offer a reputible alternative to the church...Then it is irrelevant when people say why the church is wrong...

Quite a few free-thinking, truth telling folks put me on Ignore for shoving them in that corner Spade.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:08 am
@reasoning logic,
Mate...Please do not find any disrespect if I do not post for long periods of time....I may be here or may not....

I am starting to get very sick mate....

I have the chills very badly...

I have 4 shirts on, and I am still very cold...

Plus the other situation on my mind right now...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 12:49 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
My prayers are with you and your friend.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 02:06 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5219754)
Quote:
I have no trouble with the word "decide" at all.

You have a great difficulty with it I'm afraid. In fact it is a lynchpin of your argument which I am very glad I am not making. I can decide nothing. How many times do you need telling and it's obvious anyway.

I repeat, I have absolutely no trouble with the word "decide" at all. You ought really to come to grips with the fact that you suppose I do not merely to support your increasingly bizarre position.

Quote:
Quote:
In fact, if anything, it makes me more sure of my position...and more determined to stop people like you from influencing legislation on this issue.

Good. Let's get the argument polarised. No more pussy-footing. No sanitised abstractions. Describe an abortion from the point of view of the unborn kid and you can't unless you declare it not human life. And you can't sustain that it isn't. You need a stop-watch to do so. 20 weeks. 26 weeks. 32 weeks. Where do you draw the line? And you have guessed the start line. And you never guess.

Describe an abortion from the mother's point of view. You needn't bother about the father. He's a wanker in the nature of the case. Literally.

Where did I ever say anything about influencing legislation?

I do not have to describe an abortion from any position in order to be of the opinion that if a woman decides for any reason to end a pregnancy occurring in her own body, she should have the right to do so.

If you think you want to describe any of those things...do so. It will not impact at all on my position.

Quote:
MYOH is just shorthand for "marking your own homework" which is flagged up by your use of "silly" which gambit Lola stooped to eventually. You also flag up that you're a bit slow on the uptake not to have realised what the acronym meant.

Aha...so if a person is not able to decode an "acronym" made up on the spot...it means that person is slow on the uptake.

WABOHS, IYKWIM. WNJWTFTO

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wanna continue this...or shall we go on to something worthwhile?

What can possibly be more worthwhile than hoping that just one reader here takes pause for thought before having an abortion or pressuring a woman to have one. Or even acquiescing.

Lots of things. Perhaps if you opened your mind a crack, you could think of a few yourself.

Quote:
All you are interested in is saving your own position.

Oh, I am interested in much more than that. If you think I am that limited in outlook, you must be projecting.

Quote:
How could you face up to having been wrong in being a voice which influenced those who do decide?

You would have done better making that sentence one of your silly acronyms, Spendius. It makes less sense than your argument...and that makes almost no sense.

Quote:
And based on a specious argument about rights which only has traction with the feeble-minded.

Well, I am not feeble-minded...and I know many others who support this position who are not feeble-minded. Because I disagree with your position, I certain am not so insecure as to label anyone who promotes it to be feeble-minded. You ought work on what it is about you that causes you to do this kind of thing so often.

Quote:
As I demonstrated in three separate instances none of which you have though fit to answer.

My dear, dear friend, you have not made an argument that I have not answered...and demonstrated that alternate perspectives work just fine. In fact, I cannot remember an argument you have made that I have not demonstrated a better counter argument.

Quote:
My posts don't make you laugh at all. They make you flail.

Your posts make me howl...whether you accept it or not. Keep 'em coming. I can always use a good laugh.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 04:04 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
My point is mate...If people disagree with the system..Then they have moral obligations to speak up to change things so that we get it correct....And help evolution..

People are speaking up and many are are listening but we do have to consider the grip that religion has on each society.

Quote:
If people are not going to offer a viable solution...Or back their thoughts up with actions...Then they should refrain from trying to attack the system (the Church) that shows it has inclinations of actually caring, by taking stances on issues....Because they care....

People are doing something about it, "they are teaching logical reasoning.